Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to join

I am in, I lost 30 pounds by last May then in August had to have all my fill removed because of a bulge, have my fills now but still have not lost one ounce since May. My bandaniversary was in November and I still have not lost any weight. Have not gained but not one single pound lighter. I need encouragement in getting back to exercising. HELP.

You have to find out your problem first. Are you too restricted so you are eating "easy mushie" foods that carry more calories and you can consume more, or do you not have enough fill to control your consumption. Exercise MUST be something you like to do or you are setting yourself up for failure. Say to your self "Just for today, I will do....." then do it. Don't pick something hard to do. Start off at a pace you can maintain. I am borrowing a saying from AA, that is "Just for today I will do....". The saying works for me as I go to aqua fit classes. I like aqua fit but to get out into the morning cold is difficult to I always use the above phrase to get me going. It may work for you.

My restriction is pretty good, I really have to watch what I eat. I know its the exercise, I am going to start today!!!!! I will keep you posted. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hello- I would love to join to get some MUCH needed support. It is nice to see how everyone is real and helpful here. I had surgery in May of 06 and haven't lost anything. Yes I am the biggest looser!! I an going to make an appointment to see my doc soon- just concerned he will yell at me and tell me what a failure I am. When I get a fill I have to have it done under a fluiroscope- because it is a hard port to find. so if you can help me and give me ideas- especially on how to want to come home and exercise after a 50-55 hour week I WILL appreciate it.

Can't wait to hear from you.

Susan

You are in a catch 22 scenario. Your week is obviously very long and you are exhausted by the end of the day.

Now, understand this, I am not an exercise freak, in fact I hate exercise. What I have been told is: I must make time for myself. Exercise will give me more energy. So I bought a treadmill and I do the 30 minutes before I do anything else. If I don't, I never do the walk.

I have a friend who was banded and arranged with her boss to come in 1/2 hour late and went to aqua fit classes. She works long hours as well and finds doing the exercise first thing in the morning gets her moving and she arrives at work fresh and full of energy.

I am sure that you will get all sorts of advice, so my little two cents isn't much because I dislike exercise. There is also a bandster who has sina bibiflo (sp?) and can't exercise and has still managed to take off over 100 lbs. I guess what I am saying is if want to you can find a way. Doddie

Doddie-

Thanks for the advice- I agree- exercising is not my thing- I do need to MAKE time- I also need to make a dr appt- to get a fill- I know that I am nervous- cause I feel like a failure- BUT I want to loose a little weight AT LEAST by June- my goal is 30lbs. I have a tony little gazel- I like it, just hate the fact that when I get on it- all has to watch. Guess I will learn to overcome that issue huh.

It feels great to know that there is someone out there like me- knows how it feels and that cares enough to try to give me some words of wisdom-

Thanks-

Susan

I need to exercise too! I've had such an issue with this. I get started and then something throws me off track. I've started and stopped at least six times since last August. I like my Water aerobics class and my 18 year old daughter likes going with me, but getting there for one reason or another has been a real struggle. That's it! I'm going to get up right now and go get my swim stuff ready and set my alarm to go in tomorrow morning! I'll report in here tomorrow for accountability.

hi First off Joboo YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE. I defy any bandster to tell me that they have not had their ups and downs in their journey to attain their weight goals. You are just at a bad moment right now. If your doctor is true to his profession, he will want to help you not chastise you. If he does find another doctor. Look at your ticker. YOu need to loose 102. Just imagine only 3 lbs and it will be in the 90 range. So say to your self "just for today, I will do something that will burn a few calories". Park your vehicle a bit further away from the building you work in. Try and get into an exercise class. I told my aqua fit instructor before I joined that I was embarrassed to be seen in a bathing suit at 303 lbs. She laughed and said "don't worry honey, we are all too worried about our own bodies". Now I have no problem wearing a bathing suit but I still have the problem of getting their consistantly.

As for you bandchick, I will keep you to your word.

If you both want to e mail me to check in feel free. I am retired and on this site most days and check my e mail daily.

If it helps fee free.

Doddie

Hi Susan, I'm also from the St.Louis area & I'd like to know where you had your surgery. I'm seeking surgery at DuPaul hospital. JohnC

I did it! I made it to Water aerobics this morning!!! It was touch and go there for a while. I really didn't want to at all. So I did one thing at a time-- "just get my suit on and see how I feel... Just take daughter M to school and see where we are with time..." I made it through my morning, to the pool and then through the class. I feel a little weak but very good!

Doddie, you're right about parking farther away, taking the long way around, etc. I have been doing that more and more and walking is getting easier for me and creating good habits. It's a slow but steady process for me.

How is everyone else doing today?

John-

I actually used Dr. Van Wagner- he's out of St Alexis Hospital off of 55 and Arsenol. Sara his office manager is GREAT! She really helped me with all the paperwork and getting my insurance to cooperate and making sure I understood everything as we went along. I was in and out in a day- for the surgery and back to work in a week.

Dr. Wagner is VERY informative and listens to all concerns and gives you the knowledge that you need to make an educated discission.

Have you been banded yet or are you just looking for a doctor to do your fills?

If you need to- email me- I can give you his phone#

Susan

Band Chick: Whoopee! well done. One day at a time "just for today do something". Hope to see you post again tomorrow. Before you know it, as you get into the habit, you will miss doing your routine. I feel so happy for you. Doddie

I would like to join the slow-losers. I was banded on 9/27/13 and I've only lost 20 lbs. I have 9.7 cc in my 11cc realize band. I walk 2 miles at least 4-5 days a week. Getting frustrated with my results even though I keep a positive attitude and write about my journey in a blog regularly @

http://www.debbiedanthony.com/

HELP!!