Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

i give up u guys...i cant do this anymore....im out of control...i need help...

Now I thought we agreed you were going to "lock up" the snack food and give your teenager the key!!! LOL!

What are you doing that you feel out of control? What can you do to stop?

Let's think about this. What were you doing differently, when you lost the weight before?

Honestly, stressing about the wedding dress is not going to help. Buy the dam dress now at whatever your weight is and you'll stop stressing and the dress can be taken in! Too much pressure.

If you remember I have a dress goal too, for my son's wedding, but I can only do the best I can do to get to that goal. If I don't make the goal as long as I lose something I'll be ahead of the game from where I am now.

I refuse to have my band so tight that I can't eat at all, that is just crazy, so I do the best I can.

Can you read a motivational book to get your head back in the game? Join weight watchers? Tape your mouth shut? ( just checking to see if you're still reading!).

Tell us how to help!

You guys are so wonderful! I cried when I read all of the positive comments and offers for help. I am so glad to have friends like you all!

I'm doing better now than I was this morning. Sorry about that rant! I forgot to take my anti-depressants for three days and it caught up with me. I think I am going through withdrawal. I believe I was having a panic attack. But I took my medicine right away and it should get level in my system within a few days. I felt like I was going over the edge. I guess on top of going through that attack I was depressed about not having lost any weight and all. My 10 cc band is now 9 cc full and my restriction is STILL not good enough for me. But I do honestly believe it IS head hunger as one of you said. I can eat pretty well throughout the day but when nighttime comes, I binge eat. Every day I tell myself "I'm gonna eat well, and I'm not gonna eat after supper." But I can't seem to do that second part. I'm not hungry. It's just such a bad habit to break. And I don't need to change my eating during the day, because it's pretty good. And eating something healthier at night is not the answer, because I'm simply not hungry. I JUST WANT SOMETHING SWEET TO EAT. And that's the bottom line! But I am REALLY going to give it a good shot tonight. I'm gonna exercise after dinner and go right to bed shortly after. Thank you again for everyone's compassion. I really needed it. I don't need people telling me what to eat, how to eat, and how to exercise. Right now, I just need a friend. I know what I SHOULD be doing. I'm just having a hard time doing it.

I am truly the slowest loser here!!!! I have lost 40 pounds in three years. Still have 20 pounds to lose. Have not had a loss for over a year. I don't gain much maybe 1 pound over holidays then it comes off. Last week I started using Alli and I am shocked to see I have lost 2 pounds!!! The stuff I have heard about this drug is not good but for me it seems to work, I have not had any "side effects", I don't eat to much fat in my foods and take one with supper only. The instructions say that it will block 25% of fat and if you eat to much fat it will cause alot of issues. This seems to be the tool I have been looking for to help me lost that last 20 pounds.

Now I thought we agreed you were going to "lock up" the snack food and give your teenager the key!!! LOL!

What are you doing that you feel out of control? What can you do to stop?

Let's think about this. What were you doing differently, when you lost the weight before?

Honestly, stressing about the wedding dress is not going to help. Buy the dam dress now at whatever your weight is and you'll stop stressing and the dress can be taken in! Too much pressure.

If you remember I have a dress goal too, for my son's wedding, but I can only do the best I can do to get to that goal. If I don't make the goal as long as I lose something I'll be ahead of the game from where I am now.

I refuse to have my band so tight that I can't eat at all, that is just crazy, so I do the best I can.

Can you read a motivational book to get your head back in the game? Join weight watchers? Tape your mouth shut? ( just checking to see if you're still reading!).

Tell us how to help!

You're so funny, shortgal! I know we said I would lock everything up but it just didn't happen. But I made my fiancee hide anything we had left as far as junk food and I told him we are NOT buying it anymore. PERIOD! Anyway, my son is 9 years old so he's not yet a teenager but if his attitude is any indication of what he WILL be like when he becomes a teen, I'm going into the convent! LOL!! J/K! Nonetheless I still have a little control over what he eats...lol!

I will start looking for a dress. If I lose weight that will be wonderful! I guess that's what they have tailors for!

The first 20 pounds I lost was in the first week after surgery. I've only lost about 5 more pounds after that so I'm REALLY far behind on my goal. But I know what I need to do and I'm so lucky to have you and everyone else on here as a support system!

By the way, Xann, I'm actually living in VA. I was born and raised in NJ until I was 21 but I have lived here for about 6 years now. But I'm sure I can find someone around here. Just can't spend alot of money!

I am going to suggest the book that has helped me not sabotage myself.

It's called the Beck Diet Solution. It's not a diet. It's a book that teaches

us how to stay on track.

I am really glad someone suggested it to me. It has helped me a lot. It was only $9 from Amazon.com

NJ GAL

Oh you had us all worried and it was just a little melt down! I have those for about two days every three to four weeks. I just get so hungry and craving and I watch the clock all day waiting for the next meal time!

I stay on track those days (mostly) but mentally I just get crazy! My poor husband on those days. I'm like a broken record.

Anyway, glad you are feeling better, stop forgetting your meds, please!

And happy I made you chuckle a bit.

Edited by shortgal

I am going to suggest the book that has helped me not sabotage myself.

It's called the Beck Diet Solution. It's not a diet. It's a book that teaches

us how to stay on track.

I am really glad someone suggested it to me. It has helped me a lot. It was only $9 from Amazon.com

I just ordered that book, too and two others. I want to have them ready when I have a bad day and need the motivation.

Good deal. I will be waiting to hear what you think of it.

which others did you order?

Good deal. I will be waiting to hear what you think of it.

which others did you order?

One was "this year I will" and I can't remember the other one! Ha, that dam menopause memory thing.

I'l let you know when I get them!

NJ, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Melt down's are expected, we are here for you.

Thank you so much for your support!

Denise, I will look into that book. Thanks for the advice!

Since my mental breakdown I have lost over 5 pounds! I guess I needed that! It made me realize that I can't live this way anymore. I started back on weight watchers and I haven't eaten anything after supper for the last 2 nights. Water weight comes off quickly so I know it's that! But weight is weight, right?! :biggrin2:

Thanks again to everyone, and all of you have a friend in me as well! I know how it feels to be in a bad situation and I will be there for any of you that need me like I needed you! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter! And don't forget the reason for it! :cheers2: :smile:

Thank you so much for your support!

Denise, I will look into that book. Thanks for the advice!

Since my mental breakdown I have lost over 5 pounds! I guess I needed that! It made me realize that I can't live this way anymore. I started back on weight watchers and I haven't eaten anything after supper for the last 2 nights. Water weight comes off quickly so I know it's that! But weight is weight, right?! :biggrin2:

Thanks again to everyone, and all of you have a friend in me as well! I know how it feels to be in a bad situation and I will be there for any of you that need me like I needed you! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter! And don't forget the reason for it! :thumbdown: :)

Sounds like your head is back in the game! Way to Go!:)

It is really hard. I can't even believe I have basically been on a diet for over a year. Sure the band helps, but it doesn't help where I need to help and that is my cravings for chocolate. I know if I get it out of my system, I won't crave it as much, but it's everywhere around me!

I hear you there.....I am back in the habit of snacking constantly. I just dont' think about it at the time and will pick up a piece of candy here and there. I know that is why my loss is stalling out.