Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I had my first one on the second of this month. I did get a numbing shot. I could still feel it, but it wasn't a big deal.

I think what really might cause a sting, is if saline were to escape the port and the salt would sting you. I have had this problem occasionally when donating platelets.

Hey 50+, I was finally approved after being denied and then appealing it. My surgery date is 11/05 and I'm super excited. So far no feeling scared, just anxious for it to get here. I have faith that it will all go great and I will lose all the weight I need to. Wow, it so unreal that after a year of working on this I am finally there. Maggies:shades_smile:

Maggies, I also have Tricare and right now I'm still in the prosess of getting all my test done.To make Tricare and the Doctor happy.Did you have to go threw a 6 month diet plan for tricare? WHY did tricare denie you?WELL good luck Nov.05:thumbup:I sure hope I dont have your problems with Tricare,but I have a lot more weight to lose then you do,so maybe that will help them to say YES!:biggrin: Kerry

Congrats on your approval Maggie!!!

My fills haven't hurt and I get no numbing. Just a small prick.

Just got home from my ultrasound, i was able to get in all my Water no problem. I made sure it was room temperature as I seem to have a harder time gulping cold water.

Hi winsprettywoman,

Disregard that last post from me please. I must've been on another planet.

That method certainly did help me with cigarettes but I forgot that it was after giving up, then hurting my back that I put all the weight on.

So erase it completely please.

Best wishes.:grouphug:

G'Morning Everyone, (well it is over here in Oz)

Saw the GP yesterday and the dreaded word was spoken again = Hernia 5th one. Repairs of the 3rd & 4th which ended up joining were done during the lap band op on 9th June this year, so it didn't last very long.

I go for the scan confirmation this morning. I am absolutely dreading being opened again. I can't help but think that maybe all the horrendous PBing I've been doing has pushed it all out again. The GP advised Mylanta for the reflux which I tried last night but ended up PBing 6 times before my stomach was empty and I could get to sleep albeit propped up. I don't know where it all comes from. He also prescribed nausea tablets but I don't get nausea so I'm not taking them.

Better get ready for the confirmation scan. I feel like I'm going to the gallows. :grouphug:

Best wishes, to all.

G'Morning Everyone, (well it is over here in Oz)

Saw the GP yesterday and the dreaded word was spoken again = Hernia 5th one. Repairs of the 3rd & 4th which ended up joining were done during the lap band op on 9th June this year, so it didn't last very long.

I go for the scan confirmation this morning. I am absolutely dreading being opened again. I can't help but think that maybe all the horrendous PBing I've been doing has pushed it all out again. The GP advised Mylanta for the reflux which I tried last night but ended up PBing 6 times before my stomach was empty and I could get to sleep albeit propped up. I don't know where it all comes from. He also prescribed nausea tablets but I don't get nausea so I'm not taking them.

Better get ready for the confirmation scan. I feel like I'm going to the gallows. :grouphug:

Best wishes, to all.

What causes all your hernia's?

Maggies, I also have Tricare and right now I'm still in the prosess of getting all my test done.To make Tricare and the Doctor happy.Did you have to go threw a 6 month diet plan for tricare? WHY did tricare denie you?WELL good luck Nov.05:thumbup:I sure hope I dont have your problems with Tricare,but I have a lot more weight to lose then you do,so maybe that will help them to say YES!:grouphug: Kerry

Kerry50, No you don't need a 6 month diet, thank goodness. The reason I got denied the first time is that my sleep study was not in the packet sent to Tricare, so it was resubmitted with it and approved. I have sleep apnea. Good luck on your approval. Has it already been submitted to Tricare. It took them 24 hours to deny me the first time, and 2 weeks to approve me after the denial. A lot of Tricare people will get approved in a day or two. Good luck again. Maggie:shades_smile:

Kerry50, No you don't need a 6 month diet, thank goodness. The reason I got denied the first time is that my sleep study was not in the packet sent to Tricare, so it was resubmitted with it and approved. I have sleep apnea. Good luck on your approval. Has it already been submitted to Tricare. It took them 24 hours to deny me the first time, and 2 weeks to approve me after the denial. A lot of Tricare people will get approved in a day or two. Good luck again. Maggie:shades_smile:

Maggies,no it has not been submitted yet I still have a few more test to go threw.Idid do a upperGI,I HAVE my first appt. with the dietitian,I' m not sure what she can tell me about food that I dont no??:grouphug:.I also have to see my Cardiology,and have a DSE. TEST run,I'm not sure what that test intails,but I guess I'll find out Nov12th.I ALSO had my first pysch evaluation and my Dr. not tricare required this ,and Istill have one more appt.Iguess.Itold them my daughter lives in Ca. and she is in her last year of college to become a shrink.does that count:wink_smile:long storie short I still had to go:thumbdown:Tricare did tell me ,once they get the paper work it would take 4 to 5 days:smile2:O WELL I cant wait till Ihave a date.I think?????Kerry

Hey Lori - cute picture, but the thumbnail was so small I could hardly see you. I could tell you look happy, though. Are you getting past the issues you had after your folks left? I think playing with your daughter makes you happy. Playing with my daughter always give me a lift, too.

What causes all your hernia's?

Hi pj_txlady,

I'm back from the ultra sound scan and yes it is another hernia coming from the bottom of the scar in the abdomen 1/2 inch from my belly button, with the intestine rising up into the right side of the midriff area.

I had to go back to see another GP for another referral to have a Cat Scan done (Friday) as the radiologist wants a clearer look at what's going on. I hate all the waiting = just tell me what's wrong and get on with it!!!! I know they have to be sure. It's getting very hot over here and I really don't want to have to start wearing the big brace again.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question.

18 months after the first banding went badly wrong, I found another surgeon who sews the stomach around the band so that it will NEVER slip.

When he went in, he found that my stomach and liver had joined together, so he couldn't re-band and only had 1mm to divide the two organs. I'd paid the $1,927.00 gap over the private insurance and Medicare fees previously but when I walked into his surgery after discharge, he was so happy "to see me breathing and walking" that he refunded his gap fee. Never, ever heard of a surgeon giving money back, ever. I bought security doors with the money and I know call them my "Kierath doors". Anyway, I was supposed to "do nothing" for six weeks. Unfortunately my house was under renovation and I didn't want my mother to shift furniture and she wouldn't wait for help, so I got up and did the worst thing I could've done = shifted wardrobes etc. I knew something would happen but I was just too cranky with my mother for not waiting that I went at it like a bull until..........PAIN, TEARING, OUCH. First hernia and since then it's been ongoing.

Edited by Katydid

deedee, I have never had a fill take awhile to kick in. I can tell the next day how it's going to be. If you're not having trouble with bread, but you did with the pork chop, you probably took too big of a bite. We are supposed to cut our meat into eraser sized bites and chew it up until it's liquid in our mouths.

I haven't had a fill in almost a year, so I don't have those problems anymore. I can eat anything I want without any trouble. I could use a fill, but I don't want any acid reflux problems so I just continue to eat

small meals.

deedee, I have never had a fill take awhile to kick in. I can tell the next day how it's going to be. If you're not having trouble with bread, but you did with the pork chop, you probably took too big of a bite. We are supposed to cut our meat into eraser sized bites and chew it up until it's liquid in our mouths.

I haven't had a fill in almost a year, so I don't have those problems anymore. I can eat anything I want without any trouble. I could use a fill, but I don't want any acid reflux problems so I just continue to eat

small meals.

Hi Denise - Forgive my curiosity, but the "after" part of "life after lapband" is of concern to me and I have been asking people who have reached goal how they are maintaining. You no longer want to lose weight - but how do you balance so you are neither re-gaining or continuing to lose? You are a good person to ask, as you seem to be successful at goal.

Its finally here. I leave for the surgery center in about a hour. I started this with a seminar back in Feb when i met my surgeon Dr Benavides. He is great. Best wishes for anyone else out there having surgery today.:)