Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Liza,

You are doing wonderful!! What is it that you are eating? I have been losing from one to two pounds a week and I am happy with that. Just wanted to hear some of the things you are eating. I have been trying to eat variety and don't want to go back to my bad habits. Any advise would help.

Thanks,

Fran

xo

I know I've done well, but lately it's been hard. I'm not very creative with my menus! I tend to find things that are convenient to pack to work and stick with them for a long time. This is what I eat in a typical day.

Breakfast I eat a bowl of oatmeal w/ a few dried cranberries, 1/4 cup oats, and 1/2 cup fat free milk, sweetened w/ splenda. About a hour later I eat a South beach Protein Bar.< /p>

snack in the morning is a fresh cucumber w/ salt - since the garden's producing lots! Or maybe some cherry tomatoes.

lunch is 3 pieces of low fat turkey lunch meat, sugar-free pudding made with fat free milk.

In the afternoon I'll have another Protein bar. Or maybe a blueberry muffin from home, or something like that.

Supper is whatever meat we are having at home - pork chop, hamburger (no bun), grilled chicken breast - something like that. And some vegetables - 1/2 cup maybe. And maybe rice, potato, or Pasta -but only a little - maybe 1/4 cup.

At night I'll often have a Edy's sugar free fruit bar, or Blue bunny fudge lite bar - low in cals, but tasty.

And that's about it. If I eat more, I don't loose anything for weeks! On occasion I'l have a cookie or special treat, but I try and limit that as much as possible. One cookie can use up too many calories out of my 'allotement"

So you see, I eat often - especially what at work - I tend to graze, which may not be good. My cal count is usually under 1200. Nothing creative here - just low cal, low fat.

I also walk 30 - 60 minutes a day.

Tonight we're having lasagna....definitely going to be a high-cal day. But it's our 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow, so we're celebrating. Kids actually made supper! :thumbup:

Wow Liza, you are doing great. I hope to be banded within the next month, so I can join you al in the weight loss journey.. Maggie:thumbup:

Good afternoon. I had a disappointing shopping trip this afternoon. After being able to buy a few things in XL in regular misses depts lately I thought I'd shop those. Dillards was having a huge clearance sale so tried on a couple XL's and they were too small, so I came home with a purse. :thumbup: I didn't want to go to the Womens dept because they are going to be too big soon, so I hope!

Had a very interesting evening last night, went to my hospital/surgeon's 3 mos post op class. I got a whole new binder of info from this point on, my last one dealt mostly with preop diets, hospital stuff etc for surgery. This got into the nitty gritty of nutrients, Vitamins, supplements, etc. I need to up my Protein I am too low on that, and eat more often, I eat 3 or 4 times a day they want us to eat 5 to 6 times. Also they are starting so many new groups that sound fascinating, some bariatric personal training, some nutritionist classes and some psychologists classes, there's a small fee for some and many are free. The after care is one of the reasons I picked my surgeon and I am so glad I did.

Your Dr has a great variety of support vlasses. MY surgeon also has classes, groups, but not to the extent of yours.. I had my 3 month check, but got no extra info for post op. It is always nice to have updated info and materials to go to for reference

I have not posted in a while but have been reading up and healing. I had to travel last week and it was my first trip since being banded on 7/24 so I was a little nervous, but everything went well. I think I read that someone said on an earlier post they eat more on business trips and I had the same issue, so didn't want it to creep up. And it didn't! I was so happy.

I really have not been hungry since the surgery but just starting to get a bit of an appetite back so going into a bit of lapband hell... before the first fill. That won't happen until 9/5 (surgeon insists on 6 weeks healing). However I think I still have a bit of restriction. The other day had some deli roast beef and it definitely felt like it got stuck. :tongue2: That did not feel well at all. I threw the rest of the package away.:) I'm sure it was my fault, not chewing well enough but if it treated me bad once I'm not trying again.

Janet - you said something earlier I remember about having to up your calories so you don't continue to lose. Will you be getting an unfill or doing that in some other way. Just curious and looking forward to that day for me :biggrin2:

Happy day to everyone.

Katarina

Hi everyone - I am about 4 months post band and finally got a fill with restriction a couple of weeks ago. I think I am in trouble tonight, went out for a business dinner, ate 2 shrimp and about 6 peanuts and then realized the food was stuck, lots of sliming and then vomited up a lot of mucus but the food remained stuck, it's been about an hour and I still have pain. Any suggestions? Did I wreck anything permanently? This is the first time whatever was stuck didn't pass after a few minutes. Any and all advice appreciated, it's a scary feeling. Also had to leave the dinner and excuse myself which was embarassing by itself!! Thanks. Gralda

Hi everyone - I am about 4 months post band and finally got a fill with restriction a couple of weeks ago. I think I am in trouble tonight, went out for a business dinner, ate 2 shrimp and about 6 peanuts and then realized the food was stuck, lots of sliming and then vomited up a lot of mucus but the food remained stuck, it's been about an hour and I still have pain. Any suggestions? Did I wreck anything permanently? This is the first time whatever was stuck didn't pass after a few minutes. Any and all advice appreciated, it's a scary feeling. Also had to leave the dinner and excuse myself which was embarassing by itself!! Thanks. Gralda

I've had this happen several times since my last fill. Each fill is a new learning experience. Now I KNOW I MUST stop eating at the first sign of feeling full or I WILL PAY the price!!

My suggestions: first I try some chewing some Papaya tablets... 4-6 of them. If that doesn't work... sip on a small can of pineapple juice. The acid and the texture of it seem to help. I sat up half the night last Friday with that problem, and it was the pineapple juice that finally enabled me to go back to bed.. but at first I went too soon and then I had reflux issues because of the acidity!! After sleeping in my recliner for about two hours I was able to go back to bed. But te pineapple juice really helps.

I've had this happen several times since my last fill. Each fill is a new learning experience. Now I KNOW I MUST stop eating at the first sign of feeling full or I WILL PAY the price!!

My suggestions: first I try some chewing some Papaya tablets... 4-6 of them. If that doesn't work... sip on a small can of pineapple juice. The acid and the texture of it seem to help. I sat up half the night last Friday with that problem, and it was the pineapple juice that finally enabled me to go back to bed.. but at first I went too soon and then I had reflux issues because of the acidity!! After sleeping in my recliner for about two hours I was able to go back to bed. But te pineapple juice really helps.

thank you!! I am in a hotel room but am going to go try to find a grocery store!! Gralda

thank you!! I am in a hotel room but am going to go try to find a grocery store!! Gralda

Hope you're somewhere that it's safe to be out & about by yourself at night!

Let us know if the pineapple juice works for you.

Maybe you can get some from room service??

Papaya tabs I know you can get at RiteAid or Wal-Mart.

Hi my name is Pam and I am 53. Will behaving my band on the 29th ofAugust. I am getting anxious at this time. Not really having second thoughts, but a lot of questions about the diet and all.

Hope you're somewhere that it's safe to be out & about by yourself at night!

Let us know if the pineapple juice works for you.

Maybe you can get some from room service??

Papaya tabs I know you can get at RiteAid or Wal-Mart.

I talked to the front desk and there is no store close by that won't get me lost, and they don't have any pineapple juice, I may have to wait it out until morning. The pain has subsided some, walking around helped a little, still a lot of burning and just generally discomfort. Thanks for your concern!

Hi my name is Pam and I am 53. Will behaving my band on the 29th ofAugust. I am getting anxious at this time. Not really having second thoughts, but a lot of questions about the diet and all.

Hi, Pam,

We lived in Edmond & OKC for 15 years..Moved back here to WA state last year.

You've come to the right place with your concerns and questions. We're here to help. Has your doctor provided you with lots of pre-op education and instructions?? Some do, some don't! But, feel free to hit us with any questions you might have.

I talked to the front desk and there is no store close by that won't get me lost, and they don't have any pineapple juice, I may have to wait it out until morning. The pain has subsided some, walking around helped a little, still a lot of burning and just generally discomfort. Thanks for your concern!

Have you tried putting your hands up over your head kindda like you are doing the wave in a stadium? I've heard of people saying that helps. I've not had the lasting stuck yet, just the kind that goes away in a few minutes or comes back up. Doesn't sound like something I want to experience. Hope it passes soon.

Hey Lori, yesterday you were concerned about some blood work your PCP had done - you'd gotten a call and were not there to take it, waiting for Dr. office to call you back. Is everything okay? I hope they were calling you to tell you to get off one of your meds. That would be good news!

Have you tried putting your hands up over your head kindda like you are doing the wave in a stadium? I've heard of people saying that helps. I've not had the lasting stuck yet, just the kind that goes away in a few minutes or comes back up. Doesn't sound like something I want to experience. Hope it passes soon.

I will remember that suggestion.. first time I've heard that one, but it makes sense. I've had very few Pbing/sliming episodes in the 13 months since my surgery, but just the past two weeks.. two of those "lasting stuck" episodes! Very miserable! Don't know if I ate too much or too fast or probably a combination. The first time it was an ear of corn followed by 1/2 a hamburger.. but it was very lean, dry meat and I made the mistake of eating the bun!! Second time it was just some leftover scallops and steamed veggies. Maybe ate too fast... but certainly didn't seem like too much. I don't know what the problem was.. seemed like maybe the broccoli did it!!??? Not fun, though. Good suggestion to file in my resource bank!

Good afternoon. I had a disappointing shopping trip this afternoon. After being able to buy a few things in XL in regular misses depts lately I thought I'd shop those. Dillards was having a huge clearance sale so tried on a couple XL's and they were too small, so I came home with a purse. :) I didn't want to go to the Womens dept because they are going to be too big soon, so I hope!

Had a very interesting evening last night, went to my hospital/surgeon's 3 mos post op class. I got a whole new binder of info from this point on, my last one dealt mostly with preop diets, hospital stuff etc for surgery. This got into the nitty gritty of nutrients, Vitamins, supplements, etc. I need to up my Protein I am too low on that, and eat more often, I eat 3 or 4 times a day they want us to eat 5 to 6 times. Also they are starting so many new groups that sound fascinating, some bariatric personal training, some nutritionist classes and some psychologists classes, there's a small fee for some and many are free. The after care is one of the reasons I picked my surgeon and I am so glad I did.

Lori

Don't be too upset - Sizes vary so much - I can have 3 diff sizes of pants from NYMJ - so don't let the numbers get you down too much..

Your doc support groups sounds great. Oh take the word hope out and replace with They Will be Smaller Sizes :tongue2: