Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

For sure FF (and frozen prepacked foods) are lethal. Better to avoid them -- but Wendy's -- particularly the chili is a pretty decent choice. Subway salad can work. It's good to know what the best choices are in those FF places just in case. I do a ton of driving between my various work sites and 2 homes. I try to always carry a small individual wrap of Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp cheese, a little single serving of almonds, a carton of low carb premixed Protein Drink just in case I'm in a situation where I'm missing a meal or really need a little Protein snack. It seems to help me from going crazy and over doing it later in the day.

Shortgal--you are SO right! The holidays are tough. I'm so glad they're over. By the way -- I live up in Westfield, MA. I also have a small place up in Williamstown that I stay at a few days a week (work related). So we are practically neighbors.

Edited by Desdemona

My strategy this year for the holidays was NOT to let the holiday become a whole month, but rather just a few days. That makes a big difference.

If I want a few holiday treats, I back off the wine and go with a diet drink or Water. I really believe this is what "naturally thin" people do, but we just never noticed the subtle changes they make.

Like I said it will always be a struggle and if I expect it to be hard, then there are no surprises.

Desdemona: Howdy neighbor!

Yeah, I still check a few threads ON LBT every now and then.

Holidays are tough for everyone, band or no band. Plenty of times, I know for sure I have head hunger and not "real" hunger.

I'm working on my "head" for sure. All people with addictions can slide back into it, so I try to be vigilant. I'm a binge type. I can be good for a long time and then boom, I hit a binge. Then I have to work hard to get it off. Still way harder to get it off, than keep it off, so I remind myself of that.

Luckily, I love the walking and miss it when I can't go, so I don't worry about losing the momentum of it.

Thanks for saying Hi and glad you're doing well.

Short - of course I would say hi ;0) miss your post and back up lol !!! but I don't venture into the other threads that often anymore - I just shake my head lol

For sure FF (and frozen prepacked foods) are lethal. Better to avoid them -- but Wendy's -- particularly the chili is a pretty decent choice. Subway salad can work. It's good to know what the best choices are in those FF places just in case. I do a ton of driving between my various work sites and 2 homes. I try to always carry a small individual wrap of Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp cheese, a little single serving of almonds, a carton of low carb premixed Protein drink just in case I'm in a situation where I'm missing a meal or really need a little protein snack. It seems to help me from going crazy and over doing it later in the day.

Shortgal--you are SO right! The holidays are tough. I'm so glad they're over. By the way -- I live up in Westfield, MA. I also have a small place up in Williamstown town that I stay at a few days a week (work related). So we are practically neighbors.

Those 100 cal snack pack popcorn is my salvation :0)

My strategy this year for the holidays was NOT to let the holiday become a whole month, but rather just a few days. That makes a big difference.

If I want a few holiday treats, I back off the wine and go with a diet drink or Water. I really believe this is what "naturally thin" people do, but we just never noticed the subtle changes they make.

Like I said it will always be a struggle and if I expect it to be hard, then there are no surprises.

Desdemona: Howdy neighbor!

I did only 4 days of Xmas - and gained 3 lbs - have 1.5 off but am working on getting 4 more off - I was on the high side of my 5 lbs limit and it's tough...

Just got back from the gym 3.5 mile - burned 526 cal ...

Now gotta get the christmas decorations down - it's 1/15 and I still have my tree up.. lol

Wish I liked the treadmill, have a really nice one, but I get bored so fast on it.

I should be as disciplined with food as I am with Christmas decorations, b/c they are always down and away by New Year's day, exception is the wreath on my door, which is due to come down this weekend.

That's the trick Janet, limit how many days we Celebrate and get right back on track.

Wish I liked the treadmill, have a really nice one, but I get bored so fast on it.

I should be as disciplined with food as I am with Christmas decorations, b/c they are always down and away by New Year's day, exception is the wreath on my door, which is due to come down this weekend.

That's the trick Janet, limit how many days we Celebrate and get right back on track.

I HATE taking the stuff down - don't enjoy putting it up as much as I use to either - I think its cuz I know I have to take it down ;0)

Well it's all done til next year - this is the reason I only decorate for one holiday not all of them :0)

kick me in the butt....have to get back on track. Have to get my food journal set up and U-S-E it. I do have a friend in the same situation, we were banded within one month of each other. Even though she is young enough to be my daughter we created a bond and have encouraged each other along the way.

Back to basics!!!

ME TOO!!! I was so good there for about 2 weeks and now I'm doing TERRIBLE! I'm going to bed and when I get up I'm gonna mend my ways!

1 day at a time !!!! Some days it's just one minute at a time.. Walk away say no - to whatever it is - find a distraction - drink some Water - just do something to get your mind off of it..

3 lbs to go. Taking my time. Scheduled another fill since my restriction has just about disappeared. Walking a lot. Not overeating, just not restricting like before. Fill will help me lose the last few lbs and move into maintenance.

Cheri

ifyourstomachoffendsyou---That is GREAT! Wish I was there with you!

Thanks Janet --I made it through day 2. Now I'm going to bed and looking for day 3 tomorrow. I got to catch up with ifyourstomachoffendsyou!!!

To everyone- I'm hoping this is the right place for me right now...I've been on this part of the site before and met a lot of good folk, but stopped using it for many months.

Like many others, I'm suddenly struggling again. I lost 92 pounds by my first year anniversary and then struggled to maintain. So close to the first 100 down and then not only do I hit a multi- month plateau, but finally....gain.

What the heck is it about success that I hate it so much- LOL- Oy vey as we say. In the past 6 months I've gained 20 pounds back and I am finally admitting it and am trying to get my "mojo" back. I became so accustomed to the band taking care of things that I don't think I realized just how bad my eating had become. I've been binging on carbs and finding out ALL the eating I can do around the band. Not good.

I'm already in therapy but have started going to the support groups held at the hospital where I was banded- Cedars in L.A.

I've got some band issues- port issues really, and I'm going to the surgeon next week to see about finding out why I'm still having port discomfort and pain in my left shoulder 20 months after surgery. So, getting all the excuses out of the way....it will be just me.

Need love and support everyone....tell me I'm back in the right place and on the right thread. I'm really hurting inside.

To everyone- I'm hoping this is the right place for me right now...I've been on this part of the site before and met a lot of good folk, but stopped using it for many months.

Like many others, I'm suddenly struggling again. I lost 92 pounds by my first year anniversary and then struggled to maintain. So close to the first 100 down and then not only do I hit a multi- month plateau, but finally....gain.

What the heck is it about success that I hate it so much- LOL- Oy vey as we say. In the past 6 months I've gained 20 pounds back and I am finally admitting it and am trying to get my "mojo" back. I became so accustomed to the band taking care of things that I don't think I realized just how bad my eating had become. I've been binging on carbs and finding out ALL the eating I can do around the band. Not good.

I'm already in therapy but have started going to the support groups held at the hospital where I was banded- Cedars in L.A.

I've got some band issues- port issues really, and I'm going to the surgeon next week to see about finding out why I'm still having port discomfort and pain in my left shoulder 20 months after surgery. So, getting all the excuses out of the way....it will be just me.

Need love and support everyone....tell me I'm back in the right place and on the right thread. I'm really hurting inside.

So sorry you are so down on yourself. You are on the right track......getting support is key. Journaling your food and exercising is also a must. You can do this! If we had it all together we wouldn't need a band to help us. Hang in there! Jump on in and post.

HUGS! to you!

Gwen- From one Jewish chicka to another...hang in there. I am at the beginning of the journey, banded just 9 days ago. But I could feel your pain and wanted to respond. Years ago I lost 100 pounds on Phen-Fen (LOVED phen-fen) and then it went off the market and I gained it all back. You can't imagine how impressive it is to hear how much weight you've lost, and how quickly you've done it. I totally know how it feels when you lose control and start going up again...awful, insane, horrible, etc... But unlike Phen-fen, the band will never go away. You just need to key into it again. Consider me your newest cheerleader. -- Cherie

pre-band weight: 255

banded: Jan. 12

weight loss as of Jan. 22: 10 pounds.:)

Charlene and Cherielynne-thanks to you both....it was great getting a quick reply to make me feel welcome. I'm back and will stay on the boards as much as possible. I'm trying not starve or make myself nuts with my food journal- I have a habit of becoming obsessive with it and then throwing in the towel because it takes too much time. I'm going back to some of my old South Beach diet recipes. I did well on it but as we all know....it didn't stick. But the basic foods were good and healthy. This time I don't want the word DIET to creep in and make me crazy (crazier- LOL).

Thanks for your encouragement!