Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Good to be back! Hope everyone is well and happy. I have maintained my weight loss since Oct....and I am feeling healthy and strong. I have never regretted the band for one second!

Next Monday (4/27) I am going to have plastic surgery and I am nervous!!! I am having an arm lift and while I am under, I thought, why not have the girls lifted? Thank goodness, my stomach came back to "flat."---well, flat for a middleaged gal!

Anyone get their arms done? Would love to hear your stories, comments, etc.

Judy

I need all those things done, Im saggy all over. Even the skin above my knees is loose and wrinkly and my butt too.

I was talking to my nutrionalist about plastic surgery just today and said Id get back to her, but still knowing I will need it. Tough getting old huh?

Flowers that is such a cute picture!

As far as plastic surgery goes, I think I am lucky that I started weight training way before I got the band. I think the muscles I have built up these past 5 years have made a huge difference so I don't have much saggy skin.

My arms are another story. Even though I have built up muscle on my triceps, I still have the bat wing look. There will be no short sleeves for me, and luckily I live somewhere that doesn't even get hot out in the summer.

Rescheduled the PS til May 13--which is my 1 year bandaversary! I thought that was a good sign. Like you, Oregondaisy, I work out and the sagging is minimal for my age, but those bat wings--have got to go!! My arms are sculpted--but I could fly somewhere if the wind picked up and I raised my arms...

As far as turning 60 and still wanting to post here---just say you're 59 and some months....no one has to know that it's 12 months, 36 months, 72 months......

Thanks Daisy, I look better, I just dont look HOT yet!!! lmao. I wanna look hot, even at my age.

I walk and jog, so if thats all it took for minimal sagginess, I wouldnt be upset how my skin now looks. I have to remind myself Im healthier, even if I dont like the saggy skin. Im just about exactly at a 25 BMI now.

Good to be back! Hope everyone is well and happy. I have maintained my weight loss since Oct....and I am feeling healthy and strong. I have never regretted the band for one second!

Next Monday (4/27) I am going to have plastic surgery and I am nervous!!! I am having an arm lift and while I am under, I thought, why not have the girls lifted? Thank goodness, my stomach came back to "flat."---well, flat for a middleaged gal!

Anyone get their arms done? Would love to hear your stories, comments, etc.

Judy

Judy Judy Judy !!!! Where have you been !!!! I need my arms done - I did see a ps in Beverly Hills - but think I would like one closer and the whole $$ issue right not plus I hate taking time off work to be in pain - rather be on vacation..

Have you ck'd the PS thread - most pple get tt or boobs - I don't want inplants and to lift mine I would end up with maybe a b cup... I was never well endowed when I was thin as a teenager.

Rescheduled the PS til May 13--which is my 1 year bandaversary! I thought that was a good sign. Like you, Oregondaisy, I work out and the sagging is minimal for my age, but those bat wings--have got to go!! My arms are sculpted--but I could fly somewhere if the wind picked up and I raised my arms...

As far as turning 60 and still wanting to post here---just say you're 59 and some months....no one has to know that it's 12 months, 36 months, 72 months......

JB...wishing you the best and a speedy recovery with your upcoming surgery. Take care of yourself!

Thanks Daisy, I look better, I just dont look HOT yet!!! lmao. I wanna look hot, even at my age.

I walk and jog, so if thats all it took for minimal sagginess, I wouldnt be upset how my skin now looks. I have to remind myself Im healthier, even if I dont like the saggy skin. Im just about exactly at a 25 BMI now.

Flowers...caught your photo. You ARE a hot momma!

Hello all,

Still healing fine.

No more "funny feeling" - and I can't say that I've been in pain at any time other than the day of surgery.

I realize now what untapped strength I have.

To go through this major commitment has revealed an inner "self" that I was only aware of back in my idealistic youth.

(Before a lot of traumatic "crap" happened - too long and irrelevant for this forum - I'll write THAT book later)

I'm still moving toward that legal separation from my husband of 25+ years.

He was remarkable during the days prior to surgery and a few days after.

But to tell the truth - I truly think I could have done it without him.

He'll change the tires, mow the lawn, be a loving father, etc. - but when it comes to communication and affection - ZERO.

He's a heavy smoker and although I forbid smoke in the house except for the basement (the "Cave") I suffer from 2nd hand AND 3rd hand smoke.

I want something more - later of course. I've got to use this re-found energy and spirit to go forward with my plan to teach knitting and embroidery.

AND -

today I'll start walking - one level block - and back again.

Tomorrow -

ELLIS ISLAND with a busload of Italian relatives to explore the gateway that our grand parents came through back in the early 1900s.

(NO Italian deli sandwiches on the bus nor lasagna in the restaurants for me - I guess it's minestrone broth and cannoli filing)

Hello all,

Still healing fine.

No more "funny feeling" - and I can't say that I've been in pain at any time other than the day of surgery.

I realize now what untapped strength I have.

To go through this major commitment has revealed an inner "self" that I was only aware of back in my idealistic youth.

(Before a lot of traumatic "crap" happened - too long and irrelevant for this forum - I'll write THAT book later)

I'm still moving toward that legal separation from my husband of 25+ years.

He was remarkable during the days prior to surgery and a few days after.

But to tell the truth - I truly think I could have done it without him.

He'll change the tires, mow the lawn, be a loving father, etc. - but when it comes to communication and affection - ZERO.

He's a heavy smoker and although I forbid smoke in the house except for the basement (the "Cave") I suffer from 2nd hand AND 3rd hand smoke.

I want something more - later of course. I've got to use this re-found energy and spirit to go forward with my plan to teach knitting and embroidery.

AND -

today I'll start walking - one level block - and back again.

Tomorrow -

ELLIS ISLAND with a busload of Italian relatives to explore the gateway that our grand parents came through back in the early 1900s.

(NO Italian deli sandwiches on the bus nor lasagna in the restaurants for me - I guess it's minestrone broth and cannoli filing)

Way to go, Elayne!!!!!!! Sounds like you know where you want to be in the life and that you can do it without being dependent on someone else. You head and your heart seem to be in the right place. So good to hear that you are moving right along in the LB process.

For me the thing I always kept in mind was the LB rules. I figured there is a reason for them and I was going to stick to it. I followed every rule and had no trouble losing the weight and being able to eat without much trouble.

Well girls...I'm heading to the lake. It's 45 degrees here but still going to enjoy the weekend. Rain is predicted. But, there's needle work I do, crosswords, cards to play with friends, a truck load of dvd's to watch and a couple of foo foo drinks waiting for me.

Everyone have a great weekend!:)

Flowers, I love the pic and you look marvelous! Saw my surgeon yesterday and he took about 1 cc out of my band to open it up a little. He put me on Carafate and omeprazole 20 mg 2x/day. I'm leaving for Florida on Sunday for Disney with my girls, my grand daughters and our husbands for a week. If I'm not feeling better when I get back he wants me to have a sonogram of my gallbladder to make sure I don't have a gallbladder problem. So, we'll see what happens. You all take care and I'll post when I return on May 6th.

Blessings,

Susan

Flowers, I love the pic and you look marvelous! Saw my surgeon yesterday and he took about 1 cc out of my band to open it up a little. He put me on Carafate and omeprazole 20 mg 2x/day. I'm leaving for Florida on Sunday for Disney with my girls, my grand daughters and our husbands for a week. If I'm not feeling better when I get back he wants me to have a sonogram of my gallbladder to make sure I don't have a gallbladder problem. So, we'll see what happens. You all take care and I'll post when I return on May 6th.

Blessings,

Susan

Have a fun trip, Susan. I have my fingers and toes crossed that you have no symptoms while you are down. Hopefully, doc took care of the problems. Enjoy the grandkids. Hope this is a trip they remember for a lifetime!

Flowers...caught your photo. You ARE a hot momma!

Well, thank you, but Im not yet satisfied. I want to lose about 30 lbs more, but at least I dont look obese, hated the way I let myself get. At least now Im not so embarrassed how I look.

You are doing good too. Seems like a lot in this thread are really pushing it and overachievers.... at least to me for our age.

Thanks Apples for crossing everything for me to be asymtomatic while in Florida. So far, so good. I'm thinking I just a little inflamation of the esophogus, cuz, I feel good. My one daughter and her daughter took me clothes shopping yesterday for all new clothes since nothing I have fits me anymore. I even bought 2 bathing suits :-) Can't tell you the last time I wore a bathing suit.

Well, we're off to Florida at 8:30 am. I'll be back next Sunday.

God's Blessings,

Susan

Hi everyone! My old user name was MyTurn but my computer died and I have not been able to visit here in quite a while. I clicked on to have my password sent to me but it never happened so I had to change everthing so I could get back in. I had my surgery in Oct 08 and I'm down 54 lbs!! This tool is by far one of the BEST things to have happened to me!! I'm so glad I have my computer back and I can keep stopping by to pick up helpful hints and suggestions. Now I'm going to try to get on of those ticker tapes on my board! Wish me luck!!

I am no longer getting email notifications of new posts, and when I go to my "UserCP", only about half of my subscribed threads are listed!! Anyone else having problems like this?