Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there. I'm fairly new to this forum but since everyone seems to be introducing themselves here's me: I'm 33, married, with 3 kids of my own and 1 stepson that lives with us. I'm in the DFW area, so shout out to jusme and crystal.

My best friend got banded 3 years ago and has done great. I was pregnant at the time so just congratulated her and kinda pushed it onto the back burner for me. Well, I've finally decided to go for it and DH seemed fine with it while I was just talking about it, but now that I just had my 1st appt., was told I should be able to be banded next month, I'm getting shit from him. He's fat too, so I don't know if he's afraid that I'll lose all this weight and not want him anymore or what. The thing is I know I'm not doing it for anybody but ME! To save my life actually. My dad died of his 3rd heart attack 10 years ago at the age of 48. Three years ago, my mom had cardiac bypass surgery and just a month ago had to have bypass on her femoral artery that was 100% blocked. So looking at my family history, it doesn't have anything to do with anyone but me. And making sure I'm there for my kids for a long time to come.

Whew! Thanks for letting me get that out, like ya'll had any choice!

Anyhoo! Hi everyone!

Juli - thanks for letting me know about the other DFW'ers out there. I would love to do the cycling, but I would probably need to lose a tinge of weight first.. those dang seats go right up my rear and are quite painful!

Losingjusme - I sent you a private tell.... Hope ya got it! That's cool that you live in the DFW area!! we should all get together sometime!

Mom - yay! another DFW'er!! We should have girl day out sometime and hit the movies or something! it would be a lot of fun. :clap2:

Hey :) I'm 37 (soon going into 38), married 16 years, son 14, daughter 10 and 3 dogs :eek: I live in the DFW area as well (hey y'all)

I was banded 6/25 and have lost just over 50#. My goal is to weigh 120 (I think - maybe less).

I look back at High School pictures and think of how miserable I was then thinking I was so fat. OMG - I would kill to look like that now!!! Oh well - I'm wearing a size 12 now and I haven't done that since before I got married woohoo!!!!!!

wombat

Wombat - that's so cool!!! Another DFW'er!! WOOHOOOO! Which highschool did you go to? I went to Richland.. I'm so tempted to post my skinny picture on here! LOL. And, I was the same way.. when I was thinner I thought I was fat because I had some loose skin on my arms and thought it was fat. LOL. I was 120! I would be happy to be 200 now...

I went to MacArthur High School in Irving. I live in McKinney now to be closer to my job but the rest of my family is still in Irving.

Hi, my name is Angie. I am almost 32 years old-4 days after my lapband surgery. I started my pre op low carb diet today. I started gaining weight with my pregnancies. I have three kids, 14, 9, 7. I have a husband of 3 years which I love. I have been divorced once from the father of my kids. I am ready to look good like I feel. My weight is the only thing in life that holds me back. I love life except for my weight, which holds me back from excelling at things I want to do. I am so happy to find this spot for thirty somethings. I am ready to be thirty and free.

Aren't there plenty of single men on here who would understand your journey?

Where? Where? Show Me! Show Me! :eyebrows:

Just teasing!

Hello all,

I'm married, with a nearly 20 year old step-son and I live near Ann Arbor, MI.

I've not been a normal weight since the third grade. Seriously. So I would be beyond floored and over the moon to get into Onderland, let alone anywhere near "goal" (which according to the BMI charts is 160 for me).

This has been a long journey for me, and it's just starting (despite being banded since June). I think it will be a winding road for the rest of my life. But I'm ready to get on with it! (my life, that is) happy.gif

I look back at High School pictures and think of how miserable I was then thinking I was so fat. OMG - I would kill to look like that now!!!

I do the same thing! Back then I was maybe a size 11/12 but looked HUGE next to my size 6 friends. One guy used to call me "thunder thighs" and man, that hurt but looking back now I would totally KILL for those thighs again :rolleyes:

Hello everyone!!!

I'm Lorraine...I'm 31 and live in NJ. I've been fat forever...but not for much longer. I'm a stay at home mom to three girls...ages 3.5 and twins who are just shy of 2 years...

My husband is also banded...he got his on April 3rd, 2007 and I was banded on July 10, 2007...At this point, we are both at 80 lbs down...having a blast!!!

Glad to have this new thread!

Rain

I do the same thing! Back then I was maybe a size 11/12 but looked HUGE next to my size 6 friends. One guy used to call me "thunder thighs" and man, that hurt but looking back now I would totally KILL for those thighs again :rolleyes:

This is so funny because I was thinking about this the other day-in high school I averaged 160-I was in sports so you really couldn't tell-and I was always the fat one.. I would kill to be 160 right now

Howdy fellow 30 somethings. I will very shortly be 38. Married 3 years and we have one heck of a boxer named Dixie. No kids and no plans - we are big travelers and pretty adventurous. Always chubby but since entering my 30's chubby has become something more. So, after some investigation I decided this would be a good route. My doctor is submitting for final approval and hoping for a February surgery date.

hello all im pre 30 years old . lol i turn 30 this year. been banded since december 12th 2007 i have lost 32 pounds to date. i love this thing . it basically retrained me to eat correctly and Portion Control. i have been over weight since the 3rd grade but when i reached highschool i thinned out to where i was happy with my self but then of course add kids into the configuration and not eating right and waaaaalaaaaaaaaa im overweight to where i am where i am. so thank god finally i had a good enough insurance that paid for my band. and i love it. :whoo:

Hi, I am Mandy 30 and live in Minnesota. I was banded May 17, 2007. I love my band 5 out of 7 days of the week. The weekends kick my butt!!! It is going to be great to talk to people around the same age!!!