Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone want to join me in a get back into the swing of things support thread???

How are you all doing? I'm struggling because I want to eat the pb&j sandwich I give to my kids...so when I pull off their crust, I stuff it in my mouth...it doesn't even have PB on it....so it's not like I'm even satisfying that craving. So frustrating!!!

But...I did do a shake for Breakfast....I tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored mixed with a Walmart fruit punch---it was ok...I used the blender and it made it frothy, next time I'll just mix it and see if it is easier to go down.

Worked out today for 30 minutes...I know it's not a lot, but it's a start...I biked 12 miles on a hilly course...stationary bike...

How's everyone else doing?

Rain

Hi everyone...I need to jump in here. I too am in a funk and need some help getting out of it. The holidays and the weekends is where it goes downhill (not to mention the football games over the weekend with drinking and snacking). Why does this have to be so hard? I need to get my rear end exercising because I know that will make the scale move. Why is it that everything that tastes so good is so bad for you and why is it that all the healthy food is expensive? :cry Why couldn't we all be born and remain skinny, eating chips and dip? Why...why...why?:omg: Well...any challenge that you guys set...I'm jumping in with both feet!!!

Hi- I'm Tammy and I've been banded since April 07. I feel like I've been so lost in a world of crappy eating and not following anything. I haven't checked out this site in months. My doctor that did my surgery up and moved to the other side of the state and i have yet to re-connect with anyone in the medical field for fills. i kind of let myself off the hook to enjoy a family vacation and the holidays and i've put on 10 pounds to show for it.

with the new year, i'm really trying to focus on getting some things right in my life this year. but i just can't help but put the wrong things in my mouth. i've learned what i can have as long as I chew and it's not a good thing. i feel i have some of my old eating habits creeping back in to my life and i'm loosing my battle again. i want to regain a hold on things and tonight, i'm trying to connect with others that may understand my struggle.

i think i know what i should do, but it's easier to avoid getting a fill than it is to face the scale at the doctor's office. i am going to make an effort to get support and would love to help support others trying just as hard.

Goal #1 - get a fill - call tomorrow for an appointment

Goal #2 - get support - i don't think I'm good at big groups, everyone seems to ignore you unless you've been there since day 1

Goal #3 - Protein, veges, Water need to be priority.

anyone out there that can help me? I just want someone who understands.

My doctor moved too. I really enjoyed working with him and he was so motivating that it's really a loss. My new doctor is great too...it's just that I don't really know him yet.

I met him in the throws of despair like you're in now and his first impression of me is balling like a baby over how I just can't seem to get myself straight. What I really needed that day was to see my old doctor...I show up...find out he quit and met a complete stranger who was taking over for him. So...lord only knows what that appointment looked like from his perspective!! I was totally thrown off and already upset by my weight loss problems then on top of it find out that my doctor had quit. He probably thinks I'm a total basket-case who needs psychiatric help! But, he remained calm and understanding and together we are working on finding a good fill level for me.

I am already back on track and I hope he'll start to know the "real" me soon! Any way...point is...changing doctors is tough but not impossible.

You seem like you've got a plan in place. Now, just dig deep and find out what motivates you. I selected a theme song for myself and a theme phrase. I seriously sing the song and say the phrase in my head whenever those thoughts of "I can't do this" start creeping in. You gotta dig deep inside yourself and find the strength...you've got it. You just have to find it!

Wow Lapbandit, 175 lbs lost... way to go. I fell off the waggon over the holidays but definitely getting back on track... I need a fill but can't get one until 23rd so I'm going to work harder to get more weight off but I know I can do it.

GonnaBfree, taking action is always the first step to getting what you want in life and you definitely are heading in that direction. Keep posting because you will get the support you need here, especially at those down times.

I'm just such a closet eater. I did start on goal #1 already today, but they don't open until after 9. And I also looked for local support groups and found 2 that meet once a month each in my area. But #3, i've already blown for the day. So I'm going to focus on #1 today and get the support group meetings scheduled on my calendar. #3 will come once I get going and focused.

Once you sort no 1 out, then hopefully it will fix no 3... good luck and keep us posted.

Good job everyone...we're getting our plans together and putting them in action!! New Year = Fresh Start

We can do this...we just need a little support!!