Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: How much do you exercise?

How much do you exercise? (multiple choice)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much do you exercise? (multiple choice)

• I don't
    • Less than one hour per week
    • 30 minutes 3 days a week
    • 30 minutes most days a week
    • Excerise at home
    • Exercise at the gym
    • Exercise outside
    • I love to exercise now!
    • It's okay I guess...
    • I still hate it...

I haven't been banded yet and do not exercise like I use to.

However my exercise I use to do and plan on taking it back up after the surgery involes two of my favorite things to do. Punching things and watching TV.

Thats right, every weekday I would come home from work and watch TV for 60 minutes (usually Daily Show and Cobert Report). Of course I would be walking 3mph on my treadmill in front of the TV. Thats 3 miles of walking at a decent pace every day and I got my daily dose of laughs!

Every other day after walking I would go into my computer room where I have my Slam Man punching bag. I do a 30 minute cardio workout with it. Too fun!:whoo:

I haven't been banded yet and do not exercise like I use to.

However my exercise I use to do and plan on taking it back up after the surgery involes two of my favorite things to do. Punching things and watching TV.

Thats right, every weekday I would come home from work and watch TV for 60 minutes (usually Daily Show and Cobert Report). Of course I would be walking 3mph on my treadmill in front of the TV. Thats 3 miles of walking at a decent pace every day and I got my daily dose of laughs!

Every other day after walking I would go into my computer room where I have my Slam Man punching bag. I do a 30 minute cardio workout with it. Too fun!:whoo:

I've been thinking of getting a punching bag, but wasn't sure what kind of exercises to do with it other than hitting and kicking it. Do you follow a certain program or just do freestyle? any recommendations?

Most days I run outside for about 45 minutes. Some days I do an interval style run on my treadmill instead. At various points I've done regular circuit training at home (I make it up, use a sandbag for weight), and other times, Imight feel like going to a spin class.

I love exercising!

I take Pilates 3 days a week. Two one hour Tower classes, and one 1 hour class with a private trainer. While I haven't lost tons of weight, I've gone from a size 22 to 16 since the beginning of July.

I guess I'm the minority around here. I hate exercise or at least I haven't found anything I really stick too. I wish I could pull that out of myself. This would explain the never ending plateu I'm riding right now. I'm gonna make it a point to force myself too. I was doing the curves thing but my hours at work changed and messed that up, I know, no excuses. I guess I'll just have to try harder to make friends with that blasted clothes rack (treadmill) in my room.

I love going to the gym now that I'm seeing results. It's different when you first start I have to admit but it gets easier and now I want to go everyday. Unfortunately my schedule won't allow me to but I try and get there 3x a week. I look forward to it. I consider it MY time. Time to work on myself.

Dan

I just started exercising again, post-surgery. Last week, I rode my bike 3 days for at least an hour each time, really slowly, just working back into exercising. I'd like to ride 4 or 5 times a week and at least one of those for 2 hours or more. I like going for distance and endurance on the bike.

I know I should lift weights, too. I've got a few around the house and I'm a member of the gym at work, but I haven't gotten around to going to the gym or to working out a program w/the dumbbells I have at home. We'll see when I get that figured out!

I, too, am one of those who really likes how I feel after I exercise. I believe endorphins exist and I like how they feel! :seeya:

I am almost 1 month post-op, and now exercising about 5 days a week - I run/hike for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. I look forward to doing some ab exercises! And I would love to start doing Pilates again (after a 4 year break).

I love to exercise (running, specifically), but I really, really like to do it outside. I sort of dread the winter because I know it means more time either at home on the treadmill or at the gym. Or braving the elements! Maybe this winter I will try snowshoe running/hiking again. Talk about a workout! :seeya:

My frequency option was not available. A general "more than 30 mins most days a week" would have been good. I kickbox one hour once, I run 5.5 mph for one hour 3x a week, I bike once or twice a week - usually 3 hours (between 35-45 miles), and I try to fit in about 30 mins of swimming laps a couple times a week. I also hike - but that one's kind of sporadic. Did a 4-hour hike this past Sat, but last time hiking before that was a couple weeks prior.

Exercise has become my drug. It keeps me feeling happy and also keeps me from wanting to eat junk food constantly - or undo all the hard work I've done. Used to hate exercise. Being smaller - it's more enjoyable and results are easier to see quicker.

I have found that the key for me is variety. If I try to stick with any ONE type of exercise for too long, I get bored. I also like the kickboxing class - that was new for me - the peer pressure keeps me going to that one. :tongue2:

I just recently started going to the gym. I love it so far.. I am so motivated to go. Since about May my weight loss stopped and since I started at the gym I am back losing again.

I do have a problem though.. does anyone else's band get really tight after they work out? I can't even drink after, sometimes for the whole day. Should I see my doctor about getting some Fluid taking out?

I have to be honest- I loathe exercise- HOWEVER- since 50% of you are doing something for at least 30 minutes- I can do that also! :)

I just discovered the Wii Fit and the Jillian Michaels Shred DVD - love them both. I also do the Gold's Gym boxing workout on the Wii. Now that it is getting cold (snowing here as I type), I have been doing more running on the treadmill. I am trying to exercise every day!

I just discovered the Wii Fit and the Jillian Michaels Shred DVD - love them both. I also do the Gold's Gym boxing workout on the Wii. Now that it is getting cold (snowing here as I type), I have been doing more running on the treadmill. I am trying to exercise every day!

I love the Gold's gym on the Wii!!!! I was thinking about getting the biggest Loser new game for Wii-but do you like the Julian one? maybe I should consider that one.

I love the Gold's gym on the Wii!!!! I was thinking about getting the biggest Loser new game for Wii-but do you like the Julian one? maybe I should consider that one.

I only have the Jillian DVD, not the Wii one. I was thinking about those 2 for the Wii as well. Hmmmmmmm

I have to be honest- I loathe exercise- HOWEVER- since 50% of you are doing something for at least 30 minutes- I can do that also! :thumbup:

I too hate to exercise...and can't stand the ever-so-helpful comments of 'just find something you like'! I have tried over the years:treadmill, elliptical; swimming; rowing; cycling; dancing; walking; weights; golf; skiing (downhill and cross country); raquetball; canoeing; hiking; badminton; tennis; hockey; baseball; and so on. At any one time I MIGHT want to do one of these things ONCE, but I do not like doing things daily, and I did discover I hate organized sports and team events.

BUT, I make myself go to the Y a minimum of 4 times a week, and I make myself do something. I started this when I began my lapband journey (18 months ago), and with the exception of last month, I have been faithful to it. I still dislike it, it never has become 'part of my life', but I do it. I just know I have to, so I do it.