Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Logging Food and Activity?

Do you log your food and activity?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you log your food and activity?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't thought about it?
    • Don't know where to do this?

Who logs there food and activity?

What site do you use?

I thought it would be fun to see who has gotten into the logging and found out how much it helps and keeps you goal oriented and motivated. I moved over to Sparkspeople.com I love it there. Wow what a site.

I use The Daily Plate for my food input. I use my Actitrainer's website for my daily activity. I could just put it all on Actitrainer, but I started The Daily Plate before I got an Actitrainer and I'm kind of addicted to the site.

I was for a while but not over xmas. I just know I have very little restriction and eating too much. I have been walking every day for the last 10 days just to combat it. I also know I am eating out of boredom rather than hunger but can't seem to stop myself. Back to work on Monday so back to a routine.

I've just started a blog (yesterday! The link is in my sig) to try to better track my exercise. I was keeping a written journal of sorts when I did outdoors runs (distance, time, the weather, time of day. I track my runs on mapmyfitness.ninemsn.com.au > Special K navigator - home for jogging, cycling and walking maps [its an Australian site]), but it didn't keep me as accoutable as I'd like, and I always forgot to take it along to the gym to record my cross training sessions. So I'm hoping this will help get those last few kilos gone.

As for food, I don't track it, I try to just be my own moderator on that front.

I track my food everyday regardless of being good or bad. I like sparkpeople.com the best but like The Daily Plate for nutrition information that I may not find on sparkpeople. I don't the activity tracker on sparkpeople so I haven't actually done that. I start going back to the gym on Tuesday; so I am looking forward to finding a better activity tracker. Any suggestions anyone?

Cindy

I use Daily Plate for both calorie counting and fitness tracking. I tried using Fit Day and I didn't like it because I found that I had to add a lot of custom foods.

Steph, do you find that Actitrainer is better than Daily Plate? If so, what do you like better about it?

I have been using Fitday since before my surgery. I agree it is getting tedious entering nutritional information all the time. I would like to switch, but I also have been journaling. I guess I could just copy and paste and start over. I do know that I do better when I track everything.

I've used several online food-logging services, including fitday and sparkpeople. While it makes me feel organized, I can't say that I find it inspiring. Perhaps that's because I have spent months (before the band) being meticulous about staying under an amount of calories that should have guaranteed weight loss and still didn't lose.

I don't plan to count calories again but I might still log my food to keep track of Protein, Vitamins and nutrients.

I just moved from fitday.com to sparkpeople. I am liking it much better. Anyone with a sparkpeople account, send me your names so maybe i can have friends over there, too! :) I look kind of sad with just the SP guy as my only friend.

I use sparkpeople but I have used fitday. I have to hold myself accountable for EVERYTHING. Plus, I like that I can blog and journal what I am thinking and feeling.

I weigh and measure all of my food and track it all with a software program at dietpower.com. You log your food and can see the breakdowns, etc. The difference with this program is that over time it learns your metabolism. You enter your goal weight and a goal date and it will tell you how many calories to eat each day to reach your goal and it will adjust itself each day based on your own personal metabolism. It takes a week or so for it to get on track and it takes 30 days for the projected weight to get in track, but if you log all of your food and your weight, it seems very accurate. As long as you follow the calorie amounts given, you will reach your goal!! I sound like an infomercial but I really do love this program. (I used to use fitday).

It also gives you a place to keep track of your exercise and will consider that when it figures your metabolic rate, etc.

The first week or so you have to enter a lot of new foods into the database but I've found that the longer you use it, the less time it takes to update it. I spend less than 5 minutes daily updating what I eat.

I also have very little restriction and seem to be able to eat larger portions than before. I also am hungry 2 hours after eating a Protein based meal so I go for my second fill this week, which I hope will restrict my food intake. I've lost 19 pounds since being banded Nov 8th, but I've gained 1.5 pounds over the past 2 weeks -mainly from eating between meals and snacking on chocolate! I plan to start back exercising this week also to combat these hunger spells. The good part is to know we have the support of your doctor/staff when you fall off the wagon and tools to stay on the wagon successfully- good luck

I use Daily Plate for both calorie counting and fitness tracking. I tried using Fit Day and I didn't like it because I found that I had to add a lot of custom foods.

Steph, do you find that Actitrainer is better than Daily Plate? If so, what do you like better about it?

For fitness training I like ActiTrainer because I'm lazy and don't have to search for my fitness activities. LOL It just tells me how many calories I burned and I'm set. And I can increase my movement during the day to get my calories burned bumped up a little more. It feels more personalized to me rather than a "guess" as to how much I burned based on what other people at my size may burn.