Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all "apples"

Apples - how did your abdominal fat come off  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Apples - how did your abdominal fat come off

• I lost abdominal weight more quickly than other fat
    • I lost abdominal fat at the same rate as other fat
    • I lost abdominal fat more slowly than other fat
    • After I lost my weight - I have a normal waist
    • After I lost my weight - I am still an apple

Hey all you folks who have lost a lot of weight. I am wondering how fat loss was for the "apple" shaped folks. I am a classic "apple" with a large omentum (internal body fat in the abdominal cavity). Even when I was normal weight, I didn't have a waist.

So, did the weight come off from your abdomen first, last, or at the same time as everywhere else. If you were a big, round apple, do you now have a "normal" waist, or is your waist still bigger than it should be.

If you feel like sharing, how big was your waist (measured at belly button) when you started and how big is it now?

Will measure and give you stats later--but it is my major problem area now---I have no hips or legs left, but this damned belly is STILL here!!!

Cardio daily---carb restriction, nothing seems to be doing the trick. Granted it is smaller by far, and it is not filled out and solid like it used to be, but it is still much slower than anywhere else, and it remains regardless of the rest of me being normal sized. I hate it!

Kat

Don't know all the exact numbers without looking it up but I do know that I've lost over 10 inches around my waist!! My hips seem to be the problem and also my gut so not sure if I'm much help!!

I'm an apple :) I always wished that I could just be proportionate. lol

I still have more in my tummy than everywhere else. I get the baggy butt and legs in my clothes before the waist gets too big. I'm fairly large chested so at least the top half is all right.

I'm hoping to lose another 35# and hope that most of that is in my tummy!

Hey all you folks who have lost a lot of weight. I am wondering how fat loss was for the "apple" shaped folks. I am a classic "apple" with a large omentum (internal body fat in the abdominal cavity). Even when I was normal weight, I didn't have a waist.

So, did the weight come off from your abdomen first, last, or at the same time as everywhere else. If you were a big, round apple, do you now have a "normal" waist, or is your waist still bigger than it should be.

If you feel like sharing, how big was your waist (measured at belly button) when you started and how big is it now?

According to the MSW that runs the support group that I attend, your don't change "body types". If you're an apple, when you lose weight you'll just be a smaller apple and if you're a pear, just a smaller pear. My waist measurement at my consult was 57.75 inches and at my 2-year check-up it was 34.5 inches. I just had a LBL on the 20th and am still so swollen, so I don't know what the final results will be.

I'm an apple :) I always wished that I could just be proportionate. lol

I still have more in my tummy than everywhere else. I get the baggy butt and legs in my clothes before the waist gets too big. I'm fairly large chested so at least the top half is all right.

I'm hoping to lose another 35# and hope that most of that is in my tummy!

Wow! I thought for a second I wrote this!!!

You are not alone....sadly.....for both of us!!

Kat

Funny, I was thinking just today, that I used to be an apple and found my hourglass.

My last problem is still my tummy, looking into a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

But it did go, thank goodness.

Edited by Paulax

Wow Paulax - you look great!!!

I am considering a TT and breast lift when I get close to goal. I've almost got the hour glass going (just bigger than I want) - the tummy is just a bit bigger.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it should be whatever your bust size - minus 10 for waist - plus 10 for the booty. Is that correct?

Also, I'm only 5' tall so I have no distance between boobs and butt. That doesn't help give any definition to an apple :D

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the feedback (and look forward to more folks weighing in). It's good to hear from folks who are in the same boat (shape-wise).

On the plus side, it seems like apple folks often don't need the thigh and backside plastic surgeries, just the TT (the up side of storing it all in one place). I am really looking forward to seeing my toes in 2008 and having my stomach measurement be less than my hips or bust!

Paulax, you look great. Also, I have seen other (more close-up) photos of you on other posts and can say that if you were really an apple and got those results, I am feeling very hopeful. Wow!

Correct me if I'm wrong but it should be whatever your bust size - minus 10 for waist - plus 10 for the booty. Is that correct?

Never heard that before. I WON'T measure to check. lol Might depress me.

Foofy, I wish I had a before shot for you. What you said about plastic surgery makes sense. Yes, I will only require a TT. I have no booty to speak of and my legs and hips are fine.

So look at dem apples.

Thanks for the compliments you two. I can't begin to explain how great I feel down over 100 pounds.

Wombat - I think it depends on your weight. For thinner people, 10 inch inches is a throw back to Marilyn Monroe or Barbie (36-26-36). For bigger people (like me) you might be able to have a 10-inch difference, if you were a "pear" instead of an "apple" .

Here's a good link to waist:hip ratios based solely on health.

Waist to Hip Ratio Chart

Supposedly, for maximum health, your waist measurement divided by your hip measurement should be less than .8. So, if your hips were 36 inches (omg for that day!) your waist should be 29 inches. Dream a little dream....

I am WELL into the high risk category (.85+). My waist is the same size or slightly bigger than my hips (1+). That's gonna change in 2008!!

This is me too.

A stupid apple :tired

BL & TT are in my future without a doubt! I'll probably need Lipo on my side-boob/back fat too.

I was just lamenting today at how stubborn my belly fat it. I am so thick in the middle, classic apple. I was joking with my husband that I look like a popsicle or lollipop when I watch myself work out in the mirror. My legs are so skinny compared to my midsection, its ridiculous. The only places I seem to lose weight is my butt and my legs.