Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

The reason we run . So we dont /cant eat this crap anymore

10 Worst Foods of 2007

Mindy

Woo hooo..thanks for sharing and I can say I have NEVER eaten one thing on that list. I am surprised to be honest as I used to like my fast food. I can also say I have never in my life supersized anything. Just goes to show you, a little "extra" calories every day and inactivity over the course of 10 years is enough to make you morbidly obese. It doesn't take "a lot" of overeating!

I am halfway through my week 3 c25k. I am a little intimidated by week 4 but looking forward to the challenge. I have my first 5K race set for March 30th which gives me enough time to get through the c25k and then work on improving my time so I can actually get the whole 5k in....I am excited, and my sister who completed c25k a few months ago has registered with me. Thanks for the motivation and support.

Wow - lots of stuff going on tonight.

Nike+

The best way to explain this is to say google it or take off to Nike.com.

As for calibrating. I did that at the gym. I think I set the goal for 1 mile, then set my ipod to calibrate. However, my sister also had a problem with her's at first, too.

10 worst foods - I am happy to report I am clean. Now, if you start talking about sweets, I would be in serious trouble.

Later!

Wow - lots of stuff going on tonight.

Nike+

The best way to explain this is to say google it or take off to Nike.com.

As for calibrating. I did that at the gym. I think I set the goal for 1 mile, then set my ipod to calibrate. However, my sister also had a problem with her's at first, too.

10 worst foods - I am happy to report I am clean. Now, if you start talking about sweets, I would be in serious trouble.

Later!

So the Nike thing looks pretty cool. you need the certain shoes for it right ?

Mindy

Not even. Several folks have come up with an alternative.

I use one more like shoepouch.com At least in my mind it offers a little more protection for the sensor. I got mine from Amazon.com. A quick search on there and a ton of stuff, including the Nike+ package will be at your fingertips.

Another one is lacelid.com

I have also seen them tucked into the laces an taped on. I guess that would be a quick, cheap fix.

Oh I like the shoe pouch idea a lot better . I need new running shoes but if i dont like the Nike ones that's a great alternative !

Thanks

Mindy

Ok did day 1 of week 2 last night!!!! The first couple of jogs hurt the shins a bit but it just sortof evened out after that.

My daughter is still the whiner of the bunch - even beat out me with my TOM and having to run.

I think I'm clean on the list, but I'm a little curious about the Starbucks Frappucino...can't seem to recall if maybe I MIGHT have indulged in one of those on a hot summer day.

I'm starting week two on Thursday. It's weird to wait two days to start the next week after going gung ho for the first week. But, I'm not going to press myself because that always leaves me burnt out.

Sorry, Minday.....I know you don't like the gamer talk. I take full responsibility for bringing it...actually, wait, you brought it up when you mentioned WOW the first time. Whatever.

Im so excited ! I just bought a new pair of running shoes at Run Tex ! $114 my husbands going to KILL ME . But they are COMFY !

Gotta go use them !

Mindy

Yay Mindy!! what kind are they?

at least with new shoes you'll be able to run away from DH!! :heh:

LMAO they are Adidas

Adidas Brevard Women's Shoes Wh/LtSiren

I like them very nice ! Not too too expensive for a first pair . acutally it was $114 and i got some socks with my shoes LOL

Mindy

I think I'm clean on the list, but I'm a little curious about the Starbucks Frappucino...can't seem to recall if maybe I MIGHT have indulged in one of those on a hot summer day.

I'm starting week two on Thursday. It's weird to wait two days to start the next week after going gung ho for the first week. But, I'm not going to press myself because that always leaves me burnt out.

Sorry, Minday.....I know you don't like the gamer talk. I take full responsibility for bringing it...actually, wait, you brought it up when you mentioned WOW the first time. Whatever.

Im starting week 2 today . Ive been slacking I admit it . LOL But going to test out my new shoes tonight ! LOL

Its ok i did bring the gamer talk up didnt I , SHAME ON ME SHAME ON ME LOL

Mindy

LMAO they are Adidas

Adidas Brevard Women's Shoes Wh/LtSiren

I like them very nice ! Not too too expensive for a first pair . acutally it was $114 and i got some socks with my shoes LOL

Mindy

HE HE I was just looking at the descrption of the shoe on this website ( I Should take them back and buy them from HERE ) but it says for "Small to medium body sizes ) HA I use to be LARGE !!!!

BONUS

Mindy

wow..i am still a large..i had no idea that mattered.

oh well..my $40 on sale nike's will have to do. (i was prepared to splurge, but i just couldn't do it)

wow..i am still a large..i had no idea that mattered.

oh well..my $40 on sale nike's will have to do. (i was prepared to splurge, but i just couldn't do it)

I was talking the other day to someone about a "reward" for weight loss of 60 lbs I guess that was my reward LMAO

I Run Tex here in Austin and they watch you walk , you tell them a little about how and where your running and they "fit " you to the best pair of shoes.

They brought out a pair of Nikes and these and they were very comfy .

So it was worth it

Mindy

Ok I got week 2 day 1 half way done and my husband walked into the room ( I wont run in front of him ! LOL ) SO Im going to finish , do over in the AM )

MAKES ME MAD , they (My boys and DH ) KNOW better then to come into my room when the treadmill is on ! UGHHH .

BUT I did get about 15 mintues of it in . Not bad a little more burn than week 1 . My new shoes are great ! Definite difference in how i feel running than in my old shoes !

Mindy