Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any out there from South Florida!

Hi!

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and wondering if there are any bandsters in the area? I am having surgery on Jan 29 at Cleveland Clinic, Weston FL. Like to share experiences!

Hi Diane, sorry I'm on the other side of the state but had to let you know I had my surgery Tuesday before Thanksgiving and yesterday was my first fill and it was so simple, my Dr. (Dr. Ernest Rehnke) is the best, my lost as of yesterday was 25.5. Good Luck

HI Diane,

I live in Boynton Beach. I was banded on the 19th, just over a week ago. My doc is Dr. Larson and iI had my surgery at JFK hospital. i'm on the chat usually in the evenings, but happened to come on today. keep in touch. I'm not an expert by any means, but I've learned a lot from this site and especially the chats.

Take care,

Thanks Carol! How was your surgery?? Recovery?? I am looking to take about a week off work and I have a sedentary job so I am hoping to be back after a week. Since I work, I am usually on in the evenings, but sometimes get a moment at lunch. This site is great - it helped me make my decisions!

Im in South Florida although will not be banded until March. Dr. Larson will be doing my fills. Good luck to all.;)

Diane,

my recovery was very good, i think. I had a hard time coming out of the anesthesia, but that was my only complication. do you go to a face to face support group? if you'd like to sit in, my group meets on the 3rd Monday of each month here in Lake Worth. We even have bypass people in our group, some come from the Tampa area on a monthly basis for our group. Let me know if you want more specifics on the group and I'll get you directions and times, etc. Good luck on your band and keep in touch.

Dawna,

Do you come to our support group? Is Dr. Larson doing your surgery, too? If youcome to group, please introduce yourself-I plan on being at the next one.

Hi South Floridians, Happy New Year! I'm from Hollywood, and will be looking for a fill Dr. in the area. We're self pay (both my husband and I are being banded on Jan. 8th.) and having it done in Mexico, so some Dr's won't fill us! I believe we will be using Dr. Gomez in Coral Gables or Fill Center USA. For now, the LBT is my support group. Great forum to have.

Hi and Happy New Year!

I am in Miami, actually the Doral area, which is West Miami. I was banded almost 6 years ago and have never regretted the decision to do it. My surgery was very easy, though everyone is different. I have had emotional issues, which is why I am still a long way from goal, but things are getting better, I have dropped 100 lbs this year and looking forward to the new year coming.

My surgery was done by Dr. Gomez who is now Coconut Grove at Mercy Hospital and I adore him. He is very good and knows alot as he has been doing this for a number of years and studied under Dr. Jacobs, a legend in gastric surgery in Miami.

Good luck, feel free to PM me for my email or phone number if you would like. I'm afraid my fingers would be worn to nothing if I had to type all of what I have been through so far on this wonderful journey.

Cindy

Thanks TNT! We are not far from you in Pembroke Pines. Good luck with your surgery! Mine is 1-29-07. Just can't wait. Please post and let me know how everything went for you and your husband.

Chichigirl: Fantastic progress. I only hope that I can do as well in the next year. You give me hope that it can be done.

I am doing my surgery with Dr. Szomstein at Cleveland Clinic and have been pleased so far with their thoroughness and professionalism. I start my 2 week diet on the 14th........just in time for my husband and I to go away on a long planned for, long overdue, long weekend in the Keys! I will just take my Protein drinks and a good book!

I suppose I will attend the support groups at Cleveland Clinic since it is so close to my home.

Thanks for answering! Keep in touch! diane

Hi Diane-

I live in Naples but had my surgery up in Brandenton with Dr. Erbella. I was banded on the 1st of Nov. Just had my 2nd fill. I lost weight with the preop diet but have actually gained back some weight. Yesterday, I got my second fill. I have the large band (10cc). The doc said not to be surprised if I have around 4-5 fills. I physically been doing great but wish I could lose some. I am just being patient... It is all a process.:confused:

Hey im in miami (Doral area)..i got banded in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic back in july 31st by Dr. Ramirez. So far ive dropped 75 lbs and i just got my first fill on 01/04/08. i wish to meet people around here so we can share experiences and tips.

Hello Everyone,

I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Today is my six month anniversary with the band. I've lost 41 pounds and six inches off my waist.

Yeah!

Hello all, I'm in SW Fl, I live in a small town about 35 miles East of Ft. Myers. I was banded in Mexico back in Nov. 2004. I have been at goal for about 2 years and l love my band. I see Dr. Gomez in Miami for fills, he is a sweetheart and boy is he sweet on the eyes.. Good luck on your upcoming surgery and looks like the rest of you are doing great. Keep in touch.