Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My trash can.

Well, of all the low things to do. Last night someone stole my trash can. What is even creepier is that we were home and awake when it happened. We got home from a party at 8 pm (and it was there) at 10 when hubby went out to take the trash can to the curb, it was gone. I mean it is a huge can, they had to bring a truck to haul it. It was also full of my trash which is what is really worrying me. I called the sheriff's office and requested extra patroling and they said okay. I have to tell you that I live in a small town in a very good neighborhood across the hwy though there is the bad part of town. Well this morning on my way to work I decided to take the scenic route (if you know what I mean) and there was my trash can at someone's house. I called to report if, gave the address and everything, and they came, but the officers knocked on the door. No one opened, of course. They couldn't let me take my can back because I had no proof that it is my can. Well, I guess that if fine and dandy that someone can steal from me and get away with it. I went to the store and bought them a big box of Cookies and a Christmas Card and this is what I wrote in it:

If you needed a trash can you could have asked Santa for one.

God Bless you and your family this HOliday Season.

Merry Christmas to you.

Your neighbors across the way.. You know who!!

I went back to the house and left it at their front door.

We are lucky though my car was open with my $500 purse in it and I never have cash, but yesterday I hit the atm and have 200 in it. They didn't take that. And my husband had the back of his truck full of tools and luckily he parked it in the garage. Well anyways just had to tell someone.. pisses me off.

I understand why you are so pissed. For me, it wouldn't be that the "trash can" was stolen, but more of a general "wtf" about the whole thing. Why the hell does someone need to steal a trashcan? Why wont the cops do anything about anything anymore?

I hope it's just a one-off incident and you don't have anything else to worry about. Although I imagine you'll be making sure your car is locked and/or your purse isn't in it.

Same thing happened to us a few years ago. I came home and the trash can was gone. They left the lid so I sat it out for them, but it laid there for days. What is up with trash can thieves? :bandit The Cookies were a great touch.

JP

Who ever stole it is an asshole!

Who ever stole it is an asshole!

Yes, they are. What is sad is that my five year old son told me, mommy, maybe they are real poor and needed a trash can. But they could have asked you for it and you would have given it to them, right Mommy? I told him, yes I would have. My daughter asked me why those mean people stole from us and I said, it is okay, don't worry about it, God will punish them and my little girl called me on it and said mom that isn't too nice of you to want God to punish them. So that made me feel real bad and I apologized.

Okay, I'm trying to let it go, but it is just bugging the hell out of me, not the trash can, but the situation. Maybe I should demand a CSI team be called in to determine if my families DNA is on the trash can to determine it does belong to us.. ha, ha.....

It is a shame that people do things like this. Should I buy a chain and lock and lock it to a tree, wtf... ugh??

Same thing happened to me a few years ago.

I would just worry about any credit card receipts that may have been in there.

I now own a paper shredder.

Hahaha!!

I actually had my trash can stolen when I lived in NM. Wasn't a small one, but it was the city issued ones.. so while we had none, we were hosed. I droved around the neighborhood checking the serial numbers on everyone's can, and never found mine.. But I thought WTF too. had to pay the city 10 bucks to bring us a new one.

Glad they brought it back, Cookies were very funny. Now I'd go ask them WTF they were thinking stealing a big ass trash can?? You handled it better than me, if I saw the house with my trashcan, I would have emptied the trash can on their lawn (I pre-meditated this for my situation) and taken it back.

Oh and we had a big problem with people's trash getting in our yards somehow in NM.. when we moved here it was fine, till about 2 weeks ago, we're getting a bunch of random trash in our yard. It really fumes me, it's from people putting boxes of trash out, they won't pick up boxes, so the box rots away and trash flies into MY yard.. I don't know why it's MY yard. So.. I've been getting the trash and evenly distributing it among neighbors lawns. Hopefully, everyone will get pissed off enough to do something about it.

Hahaha!!

I actually had my trash can stolen when I lived in NM. Wasn't a small one, but it was the city issued ones.. so while we had none, we were hosed. I droved around the neighborhood checking the serial numbers on everyone's can, and never found mine.. But I thought WTF too. had to pay the city 10 bucks to bring us a new one.

Glad they brought it back, Cookies were very funny. Now I'd go ask them WTF they were thinking stealing a big ass trash can?? You handled it better than me, if I saw the house with my trashcan, I would have emptied the trash can on their lawn (I pre-meditated this for my situation) and taken it back.

Well, everyone just told I never should have even gone to that part of town and that I'm lucky that someone didn't shoot me. I'm thinking maybe it was kids and when the momma got the card, she made them bring it back. Well, whatever it was, I'm glad they gave me my can back. I just hope they don't come spray paint my car or house tonight. Oh, I keep forgetting that I have a 3 car garage and if I weren't so damn lazy I could just park my car in there.. :rolleyes:

Laura,

You are so funny!! What is wrong with your neighbors, have they not heard of trash cans? Or perhaps they were hit by another trash can bandit? LOL!

We had one of our trash cans stolen once also. Why anyone feels the need to do this is beyond me....but it seems to be a fairly common phenomenon!

who the hell wants the trash can back????Just take your garbage and put it in YOUR trashcan no matter where it is!! one less thing encumbering your yard!! Cookies were a good idea!! Hope they were cheap ones!!

OMG, my daughter just called me. They brought my trash can back.. Can you believe that?? She said a truck parked on the street and left it by the curb. Too funny. I guess it was the Cookies.< /div>

yep the cookies, they knew they were found out! You did it...you did a brave thing and got your damn can back! LMAO good for you !!!

Well, my neighbors and I have a deal. I just don't accumulate that much trash so mine is rarely full by the end of the week. My neighbors have three kids and their's is sometimes overflowing. When I take mine to the street if they have more trash they haul mine to their house and fill it up. I don't care. When I clean out a closet and don't have enough room I grab theirs.

Could it have been something like that?