Confession. My team said could drink alcohol after a year. Me being me, i had a couple sips of red wine around 3-4 weeks post op. Was really weird, i swear i could FEEL the wine travelling through my intestines. Then I had a couple sips or a sake-soju concoction around 2 months post. The aftermath still ranks to this day as one of my top 5 dumping episodes. *shudder* I had maybe 5 or so PARTIAL drinks of red wine or gin/vodka tonics throughout my entire weight loss phase. Long story short, I was "affected" really fast. I also sobered up unbelievably quickly. Now in maintenance (im over 4.5 years post op), im NOT proud to admit that i am probably (on paper), a full on alcoholic. i probably drink about 1-2 servings of alcohol a day (espresso martinis or red wine, mostly). I used to drink pre-wls, but nowhere as regularly as i do now. On the flip side, i would reach "embarrassing drunk" pre-wls, but have yet to get there post-wls. Yes, I realize i am justifying, but there u go. As i write this, im wary of newbies reading this, as i really dont want to seem to be endorsing my lifestyle. So sorry everyone! I guess what im ineffectively trying to say is (again) everyone is different, and it is my fervent hope that everyone knows their own personal limits and strives to stay within them. P.S. dont drink too much if u can help it! honestly its not worth the extra stress. I have way too many conversations with myself about this that its ruining my VIBE. P.S.S. i will now remunerate for the next couple hours if this post was a good idea or not. P.S.S. Happy Father's day today to all awesome dads our there!! ❤️