Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red Light Therapy @ Planet Fitness??

Anyone familiar with Red Light Therapy? It claims to help tighten skin, increase collagen production, repair cells and improve overall appearance of skin. Planet Fitness has a machine called Total Body Enhancement that claims to do all that.

Just wondered if anyone here has tried it and saw any kind of noticeable improvements from using it? And if so... if it's worth paying extra for that level of membership. Seems a bit gimmicky to me.

Also, I'm wondering if Infrared Saunas are OK to use? I have free access to one and this is different from a dry or steam sauna like I used in the past. It heats you up from the inside out. Somehow that doesn't sound safe after surgery, no matter how much I hydrate. It also touts multiple benefits.

I've contacted my Bariatric team for advice and have yet to hear back from them. Seems this newer technology is a big question mark.

Healthy skeptics isn’t a bad thing these days. I tried the light therapy on my face for several sessions with my beauty therapist. Didn’t really see any improvement. Sad thing is there’s never going to be enough light therapy to tighten the amount of loose skin & facial laxity we usually end up with. It may help a small amount for normal aging laxity. I always laugh because to promote it they usually use a woman who is barely out of her teens. I mean what laxity do they have. And they never tell you want other treatments are being used.

But if it makes you feel good I say go for it. I also did RF (radio frequency) & did it for a while simply because it felt good - I enjoyed the tingly vibrations. Though I love the results I’m getting from my dermal needling/RF treatments. Still have laxity along my jaw & my old lady chin though 😆😆.

Edited by Arabesque

13 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Sad thing is there’s never going to be enough light therapy to tighten the amount of loose skin & facial laxity we usually end up with.

But I want to believe that my facial/neck skin will snap back as if I was just like a teenage girl.... hahaaha! Nah... I'm a realist.

And glad to hear that the needling is working for you. I still haven't heard back from my Bariatric team on the safety of using the infrared sauna or the RLT at 7 weeks. 🤔

if your goal is to lose 150 lbs (I just checked your stats), plastic surgery is going to be the only way to get rid of it. I don't know anything about red light therapy (but color me skeptical), but there's no way something like that is going to get rid of the amount of excess skin you could have after a 150 lb loss. I'd say save your money - or maybe use it toward plastics.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:58 AM, catwoman7 said:

plastic surgery is going to be the only way to get rid of it.

Well, I'm not expecting miracles from it but at the very least it should be able to produce results for what it claims to be able to do. Otherwise, it's plain fraud.

As for tightening up 150 pound weightloss loose skin... it never claimed to do that. I would look more to autophagy for that ;)