Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello new here. I’m scheduled for my surgery in August. Anyone out there scheduled for August? I am into affirmations and any positive thoughts and vibes. All vibrations will help you feel more confident and calm in the process of this new life journey.

Welcome and I am scheduled to have my surgery in August 2023 and it seems so far away but it’s really not! I’m also a believer of positive thinking and speak life into your situation. I look forward to following your journey 🙌🏽🥰🙌🏽🙏🏾

Hi and congrats to you both! I’m so proud of you! I just started Kaiser’s 10 week Options classes. My fingers crossed for an August date! 🤞🤞 🫶🫶

Hi Helen, please to meet you! 😊 I went through Kaiser a few years ago, and the process was easier. I think you’ll get a August date.

5 hours ago, ThePurpleOne said:

Hi Helen, please to meet you! 😊 I went through Kaiser a few years ago, and the process was easier. I think you’ll get a August date.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the heads up! I’m hopeful for August!

Hi Helen, I’m with Kaiser Washington and started back in January please keep us posted and good luck on your journey 🙏🏾🙌🏽🥰

We are one months away. I have been getting more and more nervous about it. Has any one started purchasing items to prepare for their surgery?

Hi Everyone 👋

My Sleeve surgery is on August 14 th

I'm in need of suggestions for my 13 days of full Fluid diet if anyone can help?

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time lol

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Hi, All! I am scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery next week (8/16/23)! Kaiser has prepped me to the extent that I feel comfortable with the whole process. I am a bit worried about pain post-op, as I am going home same day. However, doc says gabapentin will be good enough, and he will call me the next day to be sure. I don't expect much after 3 days, though. ;-)

I wish us all good luck, a speedy recovery, and all the weight loss we are hoping for. 🙂

Happy trails,

Marian

Edited by MarianP
typo

I am with Kaiser as well, how long did it take for Kaiser to contact you after your options workshop.

3 minutes ago, Juree9281 said:

I am with Kaiser as well, how long did it take for Kaiser to contact you after your options workshop.

Hi Friend,

I finished my Options classes last Thursday. They called me to schedule my consultation today (5 days later). HOWEVER.... when I signed up for the Options classes no one told me the wait time from end of classes to Surgical consultation/final clearance (only the amount of time from consultation to surgery, which was relatively short). I learned today that the next available in-person consultation appointment is 10/13..... then who knows (looks like I dont belong to this August cohort anymore. Sigh). The woman I spoke with told me I could contact the nurses office daily to see if there were any last minute cancellations. This is all specific to Kaiser Panorama City.

Hope that helped. 😕