Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

I had the sleeve last year and I had to take 2 weeks off work. No way was I able to drive myself anywhere. I had a hard time walking and sitting up. I would say wait until you're surgery is over and you're at home to decide how long you'll stay out of work. Everyone's pain tolerance and mobility after surgery is different. You might do great. Or you might be like I was and in A LOT of pain. It's hard to predict. But I know the severe fatigue after the surgery gets most of us and makes it almost impossible to go back to work right away.

I agree too! It’s major surgery!

Lizrios
My surgery 5/15 and I am 71. Revision from Band to RNY
I am doing good now! Still need a nap daily. Could be I am not walking enough and struggle getting Protein in. Overall good though

3 hours ago, rolawre said:

I’m glad to hear you walked around inside your house. That’s what I’m doing. Laps around my house. I can’t get to the point where I’m presentable to be outside

4 minutes ago, Gabbie-1 said:

Lizrios
My surgery 5/15 and I am 71. Revision from Band to RNY
I am doing good now! Still need a nap daily. Could be I am not walking enough and struggle getting Protein in. Overall good though

I just had my sleeve on June 7. I am 69. My doctor was amazed at my progress

On 6/9/2023 at 6:09 PM, ttsmoz64 said:

Hi Everyone!

I am new here, I am having my surgery on 12th June so only 2 days out! Very excited for the weight loss, I know its going to be a big lifestyle change but I'm ready to get fit and enjoy the rest of my life!

Wishing you all the best. Your surgery will be here before you know it.

29 minutes ago, Lizrios said:

I’m glad to hear you walked around inside your house. That’s what I’m doing. Laps around my house. I can’t get to the point where I’m presentable to be outside

@Lizrios however we can get it in😊

Anyone having sharp aches in their right side incision?? I’m only 4 days post op so I’m sure it’s normal but no other “incision spot” is sore except for this one… didn’t know if there would be a reason. Calling Monday if it still hurts as much as it does now…

2 hours ago, AmandaD. said:

Anyone having sharp aches in their right side incision?? I’m only 4 days post op so I’m sure it’s normal but no other “incision spot” is sore except for this one… didn’t know if there would be a reason. Calling Monday if it still hurts as much as it does now…

I’m having my ankles swell. Had surgery on June 7

6 hours ago, AmandaD. said:

My right incision is more tender too. It’s the largest and the bruise is horrific. It’s the spot where they removed my stomach. It also doesn’t help that I have an allergy to the adhesive. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

8 hours ago, sharonwg said:

Rolaware - your doing great 😊. Good luck all of you who are having your surgery today - you got this xx

@sharonwg thanks....we all are! Just the fact that we made the decision & took the step to gain back our lives & better health. Its a daily process......one decision at a time.

Im praying success for us all here on this thread! I truly believe our BEST days are ahead of us!

21 hours ago, AmandaD. said:

Anyone else sleeping a crazy amount?? I could literally sleep 12 hours straight. I’m going to have to start setting alarms for meds/water/ Protein. Had surgery on Wednesday… still sore, almost all gas is gone.

I’m definitely having long sleeping spells. I wake up, walk around for a bit, then I can fall back to sleep in minutes. I had surgery on Monday.

Edited by Breezy_Bee

17 hours ago, Lizrios said:

I agree too! It’s major surgery!

I'm so thankful for these answers. I literally have cried every day thinking I was not recovering properly because of the pain. I had surgery 4 days ago 🫣