Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carla - don’t worry honey. It’s two weeks - just keep going no matter what. Even if you slip a little, put it behind you and just keep going. Two weeks time and you’re there x

Is memorial day in I’m on a liquid diet. I’m about to cry.

On 05/29/2023 at 12:48, Mira88 said:

Is memorial day in I’m on a liquid diet. I’m about to cry.

YES I understand fully! We had a few people over on Sunday and they had all the good cookout foods… and beer lol it was the hardest day of my liquids yet. I just tried to keep busy and had my shake and broth. It’s so hard but we can do it!! It won’t be like this forever. Stay strong!

Hey y’all! Placing some Amazon orders for my supplements and extra comfort things that I’ve read in multiple places. Here is my list for hospital and after. Let me know what y’all are bringing or using etc.

Slides to walk after surgery in hosp.
Loose lounge pants /tops
Socks
(Eye mask, toiletries, pillow, blanket , phone charger, chap stick etc)
GasX
Tylenol dissolve packets
Xylimelts dry mouth
Vibrating heat pad
Belly band
4oz portion cups with lids (disposable)
Vitamin B drops
Fish oil liquid
Flavorless Isopure powder (thicken broths)
calcium citrate chews
Bariatric Vitamins w/iron chewable
Hylite hydration drops for Water

54 minutes ago, sharonwg said:

I too am on the liquid diet and what I can tell you is that it DOES get easier. I’m on day 12 with 2 days to go and counting. 12lbs down xx

Yessssss… 8 days down and 9pds dowm

On 05/29/2023 at 13:20, sharonwg said:

I too am on the liquid diet and what I can tell you is that it DOES get easier. I’m on day 12 with 2 days to go and counting. 12lbs down xx

Wow that's amazing!! Keep it up. And it's good to hear that it will get easier

7 hours ago, southernmomofive said:

Hey y’all! Placing some Amazon orders for my supplements and extra comfort things that I’ve read in multiple places. Here is my list for hospital and after. Let me know what y’all are bringing or using etc.

Slides to walk after surgery in hosp.
Loose lounge pants /tops
Socks
(Eye mask, toiletries, pillow, blanket , phone charger, chap stick etc)
GasX
Tylenol dissolve packets
Xylimelts dry mouth
Vibrating heat pad
Belly band
4oz portion cups with lids (disposable)
Vitamin B drops
Fish oil liquid
Flavorless Isopure powder (thicken broths)
calcium citrate chews
Bariatric Vitamins w/iron chewable
Hylite hydration drops for Water

Just a FYI, from mayo Clinic, it seems that Iron should not be taken together with Calcium or Multivitamins.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/iron-supplement-oral-route-parenteral-route/precautions/drg-20070148#:~:text=Do not take iron supplements, each medicine or dietary supplement.

My surgeon doesn’t require a pre op diet. When I asked him why he said that it didn’t shrink the liver that much, may not help the recovery but not enough studies to say definitely, and that it’s just torcher.

To all who are required to do the pre op liquid diet, you got this! Just shows how dedicated you are, how strong you are and you are capable!! I believe in you!