Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I’m new to this group. I’m hoping to find
People who are like me and may can help. I had surgery may 2022. I’ve lost 91lbs, but I’ve been stalled for weeks. Any suggestions on how to get back in the game???

Stalls happen. You just have to stick to your plan & wait them out for the 1-3 weeks they usually last. It will break when your body is ready. Not sure how much you were hoping to lose but you could be in maintenance or just experiencing the extremely slow weight loss many of us face when we’re almost at our final weight.

Congrats on your weight loss. 91lbs is amazing.

Hello, If you can give us some stats it would help us, help you. You have done amazing by the way

I’m 5’3
SW 315
CW 224
GW 180
I increase my Water intake yesterday. I was only getting in 2 bottles a day if I’m lucky. Yesterday, I started 4. I’m ten months out. I need to lose another 40- 45 lbs. I drink coffee to keep from snacking. I track my food most days in the bariastic app. I’m usually between 800-1100 calories, around 45 carbs, and 40- 50 fat grams.

On 3/30/2023 at 10:53 AM, Narmato1 said:

Hi! I’m new to this group. I’m hoping to find
People who are like me and may can help. I had surgery may 2022. I’ve lost 91lbs, but I’ve been stalled for weeks. Any suggestions on how to get back in the game???

You dont need to get back in the game. This is the game you signed up to. Your weight loss is great. Your body is just having a moment to adjust. Continue to do the right things and you will find that the scales will begin to move again. Your metabolism had likely changed by now so the weight loss may be slower. Try changing the exercises you are doing to help.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:18 AM, Narmato1 said:

I’m 5’3
SW 315
CW 224
GW 180
I increase my Water intake yesterday. I was only getting in 2 bottles a day if I’m lucky. Yesterday, I started 4. I’m ten months out. I need to lose another 40- 45 lbs. I drink coffee to keep from snacking. I track my food most days in the bariastic app. I’m usually between 800-1100 calories, around 45 carbs, and 40- 50 fat grams.

Definitely increasing the Water, we need 64oz at the bare minimum. Also make sure to hit your Protein goal.

On 3/30/2023 at 4:18 PM, Narmato1 said:

I’m 5’3
SW 315
CW 224
GW 180

Sounds absolutely perfect for 10 months out. You're probably in a stall - keep on doing what you're doing and it will break soon. I know it's frustrating but 91lbs in you are definitely the expert on your own weight loss!

Hey guys! So I’m a month post op…and we have gone away for the weekend, and I had cheese dip with sausage and all the stuffs…I’m feeling low about it…and I’m definitely going to pull it together tomorrow..just feeling bad has anyone els had this type of problem /feeling?

On 3/31/2023 at 8:15 PM, Sammy C said:

Hey guys! So I’m a month post op…and we have gone away for the weekend, and I had cheese dip with sausage and all the stuffs…I’m feeling low about it…and I’m definitely going to pull it together tomorrow..just feeling bad has anyone els had this type of problem /feeling?

Get back on the horse, do better tomorrow, and don't let it become a habit. This is a life-long process and you will learn how to indulge moderately and intelligently, but you're going to make mistakes here and there.

Currently dealing with a stall & stuck at 141lbs. I'm changing up my workout & going back to drinking a Protein Shake for dinner. That has helped me break stalls before & I'm hoping that helps again!

Currently dealing with a stall & stuck at 141lbs. I'm changing up my workout & going back to drinking a Protein Shake for dinner. That has helped me break stalls before & I'm hoping that helps again!

I'm trying to do this so I can meet my next mini goal on time.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

21 hours ago, qtdoll said:

Stalls will break when your body is ready. You can’t really force it to happen. If it broke when you did that before it is more likely because your body was ready to start to lose again & not because of dietary restriction or increased activity. Stalls are an important part of your weight loss as it is when your body resets itself in response to your weight loss to date (metabolism, hunger & satiety hormones, etc.). Stick to your plan & don’t stress your body more.