Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 months post gastric not lossing

I started at 205 day of surgery on my 6 moth check up I was 156 in 4 months I have only lost 7 pounds. I'm now 149 been stuck there for 3 months. Total weight loss in 10 months is 56lbs is that ok?

Are you tracking what you eat? As your weight gets lower, your body uses fewer calories, so if you're consuming the same calories at 149 pounds that you were at 156 pounds, your weight loss will be slower, or you might be at your maintenance calories and need to lower your intake if you want to lose any more weight.

Don't compare your weight loss to anyone else's. You have lost less than most WLS patients, but your starting weight was lower than most WLS patients'. For example, I lost 200 pounds, but you couldn't match that because you never had 200 pounds to lose.

Yes I been tracking everything I eat. I have 1000 calories a day. Once in a while I'll have 1200.

That's about the time frame i stopped loosing weight too

You can always lose weight by lowering your calories and/or increasing your activity - you just have to ask yourself if you want to, or if you're OK where you are.

most people end up in the "overweight" or "class 1 obese" category ("class 1 obese" being - not very obese), so having your weight loss stop at a 27 BMI (where yours is now, according to your profile - and that is in the "overweight" category) is pretty common. If your body is happy where it is, it'll likely be a challenge to get it to go lower (and to keep it lower), but again, you can do that by lowering your calorie intake or bumping up your activity level.

I eat about 1200 to 1300 a day. My dietician recommendations. Any less and I have not got the energy to do the daily things I want to. I stopped loosing regular weight drops about 6 months ago. I am still on a downwards curve but now its very slow, I would say about 4lbs every 2 months. I get a good drop then am up again for weeks until I get very slowly to the low weight again, then its a good drop and repeat.

I put your weight and height in 'My fitness pal' and it says for you to loose 1lb a week, you could eat 1400 calories on a active lifestyle. So you should still be loosing but some say your body will be holding onto every calorie it can while you are on very low cals. What does your team say ? I would say, stick with what you are doing and see where you are in 3 months [ unless 1000 calories is too restrictive for you to maintain.]

Hey guys!! I’m 3 weeks post surgery, and I’m REALLY struggling to stay on liquids, my doc wants me to stay on liquids till the 20th of April. I’m already licking the spoon of eggs when I make my daughter eggs…and I feel terrible because why can’t I just stick to the liquids? In the afternoons I really struggle and want to eat actual food so bad! Does anyone els have this problem?

I'm going to do that 5 day pouch reset starting Tuesday to see what happens. Sammy listen to your doctor. I think I'm stuck because I started at 2 weeks to eat scramble eggs, mashed potatoes, etc.

4 hours ago, Sammy C said:

Hey guys!! I’m 3 weeks post surgery, and I’m REALLY struggling to stay on liquids, my doc wants me to stay on liquids till the 20th of April. I’m already licking the spoon of eggs when I make my daughter eggs…and I feel terrible because why can’t I just stick to the liquids? In the afternoons I really struggle and want to eat actual food so bad! Does anyone els have this problem?

This is brutal for you. Some people are eating regular foods in week 2. The randomness of these diet restrictions are never ending. Ring your team and see if you can get the go a head to go to at least puree stage

What does your surgeon & dietician say? You may have reached your new set point (the weight your body is happiest at) & as @catwoman7 said it is harder to lose & maintain at a lower weight if where you are now is your set point. Remember not everyone reaches their goal weight. Generally, eating 1000 calories should result in a loss. I’m only an inch taller than you, am not really active, & can maintain at my lower weight consuming about 1400 calories. Though we are all different & our bodies have different needs.

The pouch reset isn’t a physical reset but a mental reset. If you’re already following your plan re calorie intake,food choices, & meeting Protein, Fluid & macro goals you are doing all the right things. Mashed potatoes & scrambled eggs are in the plan for many people from the third week. What you are then only affects you then. It doesn’t affect what is happening now.

I agree with @summerseeker. Give your team a call @Sammy C & see if you can negotiate moving to al, or maybe some purées. Being in liquids only for 6+ weeks seems excessive but your surgeon may have a reason for it.

Thank you everyone 🙏!!!