Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ROBOTIC SLEEVE SURGERY

Greetings - I received approval from my insurance today and the Bariatric team informed me that I will be having a robotic surgery… my surgeon will be in the room but my sleeve surgery will be performed by a robot… has anyone heard of this?????

18 minutes ago, Kim0120 said:

Greetings - I received approval from my insurance today and the Bariatric team informed me that I will be having a robotic surgery… my surgeon will be in the room but my sleeve surgery will be performed by a robot… has anyone heard of this?????

These surgeries are robot assisted. A.I. will not autonomously perform the surgery. A surgeon is still in control… unless the hospital is a subsidiary of Cyberdyne Industries 😂.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/robotic-surgery/about/pac-20394974

27 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

These surgeries are robot assisted. A.I. will not autonomously perform the surgery. A surgeon is still in control… unless the hospital is a subsidiary of Cyberdyne Industries 😂.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/robotic-surgery/about/pac-20394974

THANK YOU!!! Because in my head it looked a lot different… lol… literally like a robot Dr and scared me to death lol

Yes, my surgeon used the Da Vinci robotic surgery system. He was oddly insistent that HE, the doctor, would be performing the surgery, not the robot, so I guess a lot of people have these concerns. The robot is just a tool that the surgeon can use. The surgeon is in control, but can maneuver the robot in ways that human hands can't work. My surgeon said that he performs the surgery both with and without the robot, but he prefers to use the robot. I personally would rather have my surgeon operate with the tools that he likes to use.

Yes, I had Da Vinci robotic surgery as well. State of the art. Less scarring, less pain, reduced risk of infections or complications, quicker recovery and more. There are many benefits. You still have to have a great surgeon though since they will be leading their team and controlling the arms... Etc.

I had robot assisted RnY gastric bypass. *shrug*

11 minutes ago, Jeanniebug said:

I had robot assisted RnY gastric bypass. *shrug*

You guys are making me feel so much better!!!… you have no idea where my mind went when they told me… lol

I ended up with an interesting set of scars. There are five going across my abdomen and one at my diaphragm.

20230317_081327_edited.jpg

I watched robotic surgery on TV. The surgeon was operating on a child and the site was tiny. The surgeon was sitting at a machine that moved the robot. Check it out on YouTube, its amazing stuff

1 hour ago, summerseeker said:

I watched robotic surgery on TV. The surgeon was operating on a child and the site was tiny. The surgeon was sitting at a machine that moved the robot. Check it out on YouTube, its amazing stuff

REALLY!!!… I’m going to search now….

Well everyone’s experience here definitely made me change a perspective on this. I really never heard of robot assisted surgery’s that much. I’m surprised !

1 minute ago, Kim0120 said:

LOOKS AMAZING!!!… and the scars are so small….

Thank you! I say that it looks like I've been perforated. LOL!