Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite pureed/ soft foods?

I keep wondering what to have.

Here's what I made so far:

Refried Beans mixed with taco seasoning lower sodium topped with cheese, sour cream and taco sauce. (Fav so far)

Ricotta bake

Egg salad.

I'm going to be making:

chicken salad

tuna salad

Chicken dip

Taco pie (basically like ricotta but with cream cheese and hormel Chilli)

I think thatsball I have planned.

Any recipes?

I also ate refried Beans and ricotta back a lot. Also, I remember eating hummus, too. And Greek yogurt.

I ate a lot of refried Beans, egg salad, ricotta bake, very softly-scrambled eggs, and chicken salad. Mostly it was refried beans and egg salad. I'm 4.5 months out and I still eat soft-scrambled eggs almost every day - it's my preferred Breakfast.

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

I also ate refried Beans and ricotta back a lot. Also, I remember eating hummus, too. And Greek yogurt.

What did you eat with the hummus? Anything or just plain? I love hummus, but with raw veggies or pita bread! So I've been wondering what my options will be for it.

6 hours ago, Bandedbut said:

What did you eat with the hummus? Anything or just plain? I love hummus, but with raw veggies or pita bread! So I've been wondering what my options will be for it.

I just ate it plain since none of the usual things you dip in it would have been allowed the first few weeks.

On week 4 , I'm allowed shrimp so I had shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce the other night! It was a nice treat.

I'm also allowed chili, so I bought organic canned chili by Amy. Paired it with shredded Mexican cheese and sour cream.

I also eat the foods other people mentioned except ricotta bake. I don't know what that is.

Also, I added shaved deli ham to my scrambled egg and cheese on week 4 .

I take a seasoned tuna packet with crushed cannelloni beans…very yummy. Mix in some low fat mayo.

Starkist has tuna creation packets and our local had sesame with ginger tuna packets.

Oh, thank you guys for this thread. I’m still in phase one but have been trying to think ahead.

I did think of these things:

tofu, avocado, banana, flaked fish, applesauce and other soft blended fruits— so your list helped me expand!

I had chili, avocados, hummus, scrambled eggs, egg bites, thickened Soup, refried Beans, yogurt, cottage cheese etc.

The stage lasted about 10 days for me and they went fast, one recipe will last you a while since you are eating slow and testing your stomach.

Yogurt, hummus, black Beans with cheese, oat bran, air fryer cheese crisps, all kinds of Soups.

Honestly at the pureed phase I literally just pureed whatever my family was eating with some extra gravy or sauce! Honestly the most delicious meal I had - possibly ever - was the pureed roast lamb dinner with veg that I ate a few weeks after surgery. I still remember that flavour explosion after 2 weeks of liquids. Never had another Protein Shake EVER after that. Proper food FTW!

Best of luck!

I ate a lot of Turkey chili and just chewed it up really well. I also had cottage cheese with marinara sauce heated up for less than 30 seconds. I ate mainly foods that I didn’t actually have to physically purée. Canned tuna and chicken, canned veggies like carrots and peas, scrambled eggs, yogurt. It’s probably the toughest phase!

12 hours ago, Jonathan Carlson said:

On week 4 , I'm allowed shrimp so I had shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce the other night! It was a nice treat.

I'm also allowed chili, so I bought organic canned chili by Amy. Paired it with shredded Mexican cheese and sour cream.

I also eat the foods other people mentioned except ricotta bake. I don't know what that is.

Also, I added shaved deli ham to my scrambled egg and cheese on week 4 .

Ricotta bake is ricotta cheese mixed with egg and Italian seasoning. Top with a thin layer of Pasta Sauce (I used rao's Tomato basil) and top with part skim mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes at 350

12 hours ago, Sigh said:

Oh, thank you guys for this thread. I’m still in phase one but have been trying to think ahead.

I did think of these things:

tofu, avocado, banana, flaked fish, applesauce and other soft blended fruits— so your list helped me expand!

Your welcome!

I tried apple sauce, I found out I don't like apple sauce with cinnamon anymore. I have to be on this phase for 4 weeks! I need ideas because I'll get burnt out haha. I can't stomach Protein Shakes anymore lol.

Is it okay if I can finish something? Other things I can't finish all of it.