Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Surgery Date is 22 March

4 minutes ago, Caminlondon said:

If ever there was a day for pizza Fest, it's probably good that it's on a day where you aren't going to feel like eating anyway! Lucky you with your 8am kick-off. Mine's 5pm 😭...

I was chatting with my coach last night (she had surgery 10 years ago and went from 124 kg to a stable 66kg!) - and she had this to say: "You’ll be ok. One thing to remember is that your stomach is about to be reset. And the same way a baby learns to eat… fluids, purée, soft foods… you’ll start the baby journey too. All you need to keep telling yourself during this time is that it’ll all be worth it"

Wise words!

Thanks, I appreciate the insight and kind words!

1 minute ago, Quetta89 said:

Hey my March 22 VSG buddies tomorrow is the big say I am so excited and ready to live a better healthy life

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes, we've got this! I cannot wait for a healthier and happier future!

ARRRGGGGHHHH. Surgery center just told me to arrive at 11:30. So much for an early surgery :(

Now the surgeon will be hungry when he's working on me :(

:D

hope it all went well!

On 3/8/2023 at 6:43 PM, hills&valleys said:

Good luck and congratulations on taking steps to improve your health and quality of life. I am less that one week post-op (3/3/23) from VSG. I feel great. I have had no nausea and the only pain I have experienced is similar to a muscle soreness as if I had been doing abdominal exercises. You got this!

**my saving grace during the pre-op diet was Kosher pickles**

Muscle soreness, really? Thank you so much for this. I am really afraid of the pain but this is a relief!

I had my surgery yesterday morning (3/24/23). I have to say I've had a surprisingly smooth experience. Only very, very few and very mild gas pains and mild abdominal soreness. An abdominal binder was a life-saver for me. At first, I felt like I couldn't relax...I kept tightening my stomach. It was really "pain" but tension if that makes any sense. Then I put on a tank top with the abdominal binder over it, and the pain instantly dropped to like a 2. I've had it on ever since. I got home around 4:30pm, CT and managed to get in 28 oz of fluids before bed. I really couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I can only hope and pray things continue on this same path.

How were all you guys' surgeries that happened over this past week or so?

Ok, whole process wasn't bad at all. Not a whole lot of pain, minimal gas pain.
However, the first time I got up in recover and walked around I developed a hematoma on the incision they pulled my stomach out of (the larger one). It was protruding quite a bit, but not pain or discomfort. Nurse took some photos and sent to the the doctor and he said he was not worried, that it should resolve on its own. Still a bit scary seeing what looks like an alien about to burst from my stomach!
Liquid diet post-op does suck quite a bit, but having no issues getting my liquids in. Meet with the dietician on Tuesday, so hoping they will progress me to puree stage of post-op diet. Never thought I'd look forward to--crave!--pudding and yogurt and smoothies!
Oh, I was told I was the 5th patient he worked on that day. Guess he warmed up on the others :D

Edited by SymphonyOfDreams

On 03/26/2023 at 18:15, SymphonyOfDreams said:

Ok, whole process wasn't bad at all. Not a whole lot of pain, minimal gas pain.

However, the first time I got up in recover and walked around I developed a hematoma on the incision they pulled my stomach out of (the larger one). It was protruding quite a bit, but not pain or discomfort. Nurse took some photos and sent to the the doctor and he said he was not worried, that it should resolve on its own. Still a bit scary seeing what looks like an alien about to burst from my stomach!

Liquid diet post-op does suck quite a bit, but having no issues getting my liquids in. Meet with the dietician on Tuesday, so hoping they will progress me to puree stage of post-op diet. Never thought I'd look forward to--crave!--pudding and yogurt and smoothies!

Oh, I was told I was the 5th patient he worked on that day. Guess he warmed up on the others :D

I have the same alien trying to get out from the same place! I’m also finding a heat pad is fantastic for keeping both gas and wound pain to a minimum.

Just had my first post-op dietician appointment.

HELLO PUREE FOODS! OMG apple sauce and sugar free fat free pudding with plant milk and Protein Powder was AWESOME! TOTALLY AWESOME!

I had surgery on 3/23. All went well and I have had minimal pain unless I sneeze. The only real pain is from the big incision where they took my stomach out. It's been surprisingly easy to drink and eat. I was on Clear Liquids (phase 1) the next day (Friday) after my swallow test showed no leaks, but was on full liquids (phase 2) on Saturday so right now I'm existing on Protein Shakes, yogurt, pudding with Protein powder, Jello, popsickles and flavored water. Gotta stay on full liquids for 2 weeks, then 2.5 months of pureed/soft food (phase 3). I'll be able to eat real food for the first time on 6/24/23, the day I get married.

Congrats on your surgery and hoping everyone has a speedy recovery.