Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Surgery Date is 22 March

I am am self-pay, but going locally to JourneyLite. I was so close to pulling the trigger on Mexico, but I must admit that even though this is more expensive, I do not have to deal with travel, and am pretty close to the hospital. JourneyLite was definitely cheaper than the local hospitals' costs around here! By about 5k to 10k!

Even though I likely do not need it, BlissCARE is available at JourneyLite. Since my insurance doesn't cover ANY weight loss surgeries or drugs, I need the peace of mind that comes with having complications insurance.

My pre-op diet consists of 1 week of foods I had to buy from JourneyLite--at first I was outraged I had to buy their foods. But in the end, you know what? It is really nice to just eat their foods and not worry about anything at all. It was 1 week because my BMI was lower, if BMI was higher it would have been 2 weeks.

I did start my own low calorie diet before I start the official pre-op diet. Around 1200 calories. Just to get my mind and stomach ready for the < 1000 calorie very low carb pre-op diet. I am also now weening myself off of coffee.

I am *super* nervous! Surgery day will be here before I know it, and life will change for the better.

5 hours ago, SymphonyOfDreams said:

I am *super* nervous! Surgery day will be here before I know it, and life will change for the better.

Good luck and congratulations on taking steps to improve your health and quality of life. I am less that one week post-op (3/3/23) from VSG. I feel great. I have had no nausea and the only pain I have experienced is similar to a muscle soreness as if I had been doing abdominal exercises. You got this!

**my saving grace during the pre-op diet was Kosher pickles**

22 minutes ago, hills&valleys said:

Good luck and congratulations on taking steps to improve your health and quality of life. I am less that one week post-op (3/3/23) from VSG. I feel great. I have had no nausea and the only pain I have experienced is similar to a muscle soreness as if I had been doing abdominal exercises. You got this!

**my saving grace during the pre-op diet was Kosher pickles**

Thank you for your encouraging words, I really appreciate i!

I am am self-pay, but going locally to JourneyLite. I was so close to pulling the trigger on Mexico, but I must admit that even though this is more expensive, I do not have to deal with travel, and am pretty close to the hospital. JourneyLite was definitely cheaper than the local hospitals' costs around here! By about 5k to 10k!
Even though I likely do not need it, BlissCARE is available at JourneyLite. Since my insurance doesn't cover ANY weight loss surgeries or drugs, I need the peace of mind that comes with having complications insurance.
My pre-op diet consists of 1 week of foods I had to buy from JourneyLite--at first I was outraged I had to buy their foods. But in the end, you know what? It is really nice to just eat their foods and not worry about anything at all. It was 1 week because my BMI was lower, if BMI was higher it would have been 2 weeks.
I did start my own low calorie diet before I start the official pre-op diet. Around 1200 calories. Just to get my mind and stomach ready for the < 1000 calorie very low carb pre-op diet. I am also now weening myself off of coffee.

Hey my surgery is March 22 too

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using BariatricPal mobile app

40 minutes ago, Quetta89 said:

Hey my surgery is March 22 too

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using BariatricPal mobile app

Cool, surgery buddies :) Where are you having your surgery done?

On 3/12/2023 at 4:05 PM, Justin! said:

My surgery is march 22nd! Good luck to you all!

I started my pre-op diet today (just a week of it, and using JourneyLite's prepackaged meals). So far just head/emotional hunger. But I also stopped drinking any caffeine today, too, so all of those withdrawal symptoms 😕

I am self-pay too. Surgery here in Texas with My Bariatric Solutions on 3/24. I started liquid diet today...I'm so jealous of other plans that allow for food pre-op! I can't even have yogurt or pudding. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-S918U using BariatricPal mobile app

30 minutes ago, greeneyedgirl79 said:

I am self-pay too. Surgery here in Texas with My Bariatric Solutions on 3/24. I started liquid diet today...I'm so jealous of other plans that allow for food pre-op! I can't even have yogurt or pudding. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-S918U using BariatricPal mobile app

Pure liquid only pre-op would be terrible, I hope you can blend up smoothies!

Another 22 March Surgery Buddy here too - but across the pond in the UK. Re pre-op diet- I'm on clear fluids only. But the upside is that it's just for 2.5 days.

Good luck to us all!

Edited by Caminlondon

16 minutes ago, Caminlondon said:

Another 22 March Surgery Buddy here too - but across the pond in the UK. Re pre-op diet- I'm on clear fluids only. But the upside is that it's just for 2.5 days.

Good luck to us all!

If you have to do clear fluids, 2.5 days is definitely better than several weeks!

Are you doing a Sleeve as well?

Definitely good luck to us all!

1 minute ago, SymphonyOfDreams said:

If you have to do clear fluids, 2.5 days is definitely better than several weeks!

Are you doing a Sleeve as well?

Definitely good luck to us all!

Yes - decided to go with the sleeve as there were no contraindications from the gastroscopy I underwent as part of the consultation process. There's something about needing less "internal plumbing" work that I find reassuring.

As for the clear fluids, I definitely wouldn't want to do it for more than a couple of days. I'm only 19 hours in and starting to go a little stir crazy. There's only so much Water, Bone Broth and jelly (jello) a person can take!

Surgery tomorrow! 🥺😱
Super nervous/excited, happy/sad. Basically conflicted, but leaning towards excited and happy. Although my town has declared Friday as pizza Fest day, which is just cruel.
Called the nurse to ask about what meds to take today and tomorrow, found out my surgery is currently scheduled for 8 am (yay! was scared it would be in the afternoon, and a day of not eating or drinking would have sucked.). Will get the official call with the time later this afternoon.

Just now, SymphonyOfDreams said:

Surgery tomorrow! 🥺😱
Super nervous/excited, happy/sad. Basically conflicted, but leaning towards excited and happy. Although my town has declared Friday as pizza Fest day, which is just cruel.
Called the nurse to ask about what meds to take today and tomorrow, found out my surgery is currently scheduled for 8 am (yay! was scared it would be in the afternoon, and a day of not eating or drinking would have sucked.). Will get the official call with the time later this afternoon.

If ever there was a day for pizza Fest, it's probably good that it's on a day where you aren't going to feel like eating anyway! Lucky you with your 8am kick-off. Mine's 5pm 😭...

I was chatting with my coach last night (she had surgery 10 years ago and went from 124 kg to a stable 66kg!) - and she had this to say: "You’ll be ok. One thing to remember is that your stomach is about to be reset. And the same way a baby learns to eat… fluids, purée, soft foods… you’ll start the baby journey too. All you need to keep telling yourself during this time is that it’ll all be worth it"

Wise words!