Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try not to worry - it could be something simple that was just flagged as abnormal and could be an anomaly. I hope it's quick process to get you through to an actual surgery date!

exactly what happened to me. My EKG came back abnormal, Basically said i have had a previous silent heart attack. (I had no idea) and i had to see my cardiologist to get clearance for surgery. For me the cardiologist ordered a Nuclear Stress Test. Was simple and took a few hours. Not sure if you will get the same test. But basically arrive at the hospital or testing place, They put an IV in you. Inject you with a radioactive tracer wait a bit, Get a scan from a Gamma Camera, Then they will either have you walk/jog on a treadmill to get your heart rate to where it needs to be or they will give you a medication that will raise your blood pressure. (you want the treadmill) Then you go back under the gamma Camera and done. After that i got my clearance and was able to get my surgery. I think i got 2 doses of the radioactive tracer one for each scan.

I have had 2 previous stress tests from an irregular ekg reading pre-op (mine was for ligaments being replaced in my knees), but the day before surgery I was cancelled and referred to a cardiologist- both times I had to have the nuclear tests and no issues. No I am in the process of needing cleaners for the sleeve surgery and worry about the same thing. My health has changed since before and my previous tests tooold to use for this time. My pulmonologist told me Friday that he won’t give me clearance until I see a cardiologist and get that clearance first. I had respiratory failure in 2018 and have reduced lung capacity, so losing weight hopefully will help me breathe easier.
Don’t stress about the stress test…. Many people have a slightly abnormal ekg ready and go on for the stress test to be clear.