Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/21/23 Sleeves - how is your recovery going?

I had a sleeve and recovery is going amazingly well. Still on liquids until next week, but feeling overall good. Down a total of 33 pounds since I started the program. Super excited to hear and see everyone's progress so far!

I had my surgery Nov 29, 2022, went to the Dr today and I am down 54 LBS. I finally hit oneder land. I started at 240 and today my weight was 186. I was suprised because i didn't think I had lost much.

Recovery is going okay. No nausea or dizziness thankfully. Managed to get 33 ounces of Clear Liquids in yesterday. I am post Op day 5. Struggling with Protein only because after 2 ounces I am stuffed. My taste hasn't changed so far Everything I tried sits well. Also. I can drink any temperature. So hopeful

Sent from my LM-Q730 using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Jaijai said:

Hi all. I am 2 days post- op sleeve and not hungry at all and struggling to sip enough Water. Any tips please. Mew here, tried the search but not getting anywhere with it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A528B using BariatricPal mobile app

do whatever you can to get fluids. It may take a few days to be able to get up to the recommended amount, but keep trying. Dehydration can land you back in the hospital if you're not careful.

re; not hungry - that's extremely common and one of the advantages of the surgery. Hunger does return for most people sometime during the first year - and when it does, things get a lot more challenging. So take FULL advantage of that. Definitely eat what your clinic recommends because your body needs the nutrients, but beyond that, take advantage of not being hungry. It'll never be easier in your life than it will right now to lose weight. It was a little weird for me to get used to at first, but never being hungry and not giving a flip about food made it super easy to stick to the eating plan (my hunger came back at about five months out)

7 hours ago, Jaijai said:

Hi all. I am 2 days post- op sleeve and not hungry at all and struggling to sip enough Water. Any tips please. Mew here, tried the search but not getting anywhere with it. Thanks

I set an alarm on my phone to go off every 15 minutes for a few days. It got me into a routine of constantly sipping. My dietician said if I'm not getting the Protein Shakes in to make sure I'm at least getting Water to stay hydrated. It will help with feeling nausea. After a few days I just kept doing it. It gets a little annoying at first to have the constant reminder to sip, but it helped me. Stay hydrated my friend!

55 minutes ago, CK77 said:

Recovery is going okay. No nausea or dizziness thankfully. Managed to get 33 ounces of Clear Liquids in yesterday. I am post Op day 5. Struggling with Protein only because after 2 ounces I am stuffed. My taste hasn't changed so far Everything I tried sits well. Also. I can drink any temperature. So hopeful

I would definitely touch bases with your nutritionist about the Protein part. Staying hydrated is the most important thing. My annoying phone alarm trick helped me. I just kept a medicine cup near me, and filled it every 15 minutes and just kept sipping. It's really challenging if you're feeling tired and resting/sleeping a lot.

I set an alarm on my phone to go off every 15 minutes for a few days. It got me into a routine of constantly sipping. My dietician said if I'm not getting the Protein Shakes in to make sure I'm at least getting Water to stay hydrated. It will help with feeling nausea. After a few days I just kept doing it. It gets a little annoying at first to have the constant reminder to sip, but it helped me. Stay hydrated my friend!
Thank you

do whatever you can to get fluids. It may take a few days to be able to get up to the recommended amount, but keep trying. Dehydration can land you back in the hospital if you're not careful.
re; not hungry - that's extremely common and one of the advantages of the surgery. Hunger does return for most people sometime during the first year - and when it does, things get a lot more challenging. So take FULL advantage of that. Definitely eat what your clinic recommends because your body needs the nutrients, but beyond that, take advantage of not being hungry. It'll never be easier in your life than it will right now to lose weight. It was a little weird for me to get used to at first, but never being hungry and not giving a flip about food made it super easy to stick to the eating plan (my hunger came back at about five months out)
Thank you

I would definitely touch bases with your nutritionist about the Protein part. Staying hydrated is the most important thing. My annoying phone alarm trick helped me. I just kept a medicine cup near me, and filled it every 15 minutes and just kept sipping. It's really challenging if you're feeling tired and resting/sleeping a lot.
Ok thank you

11 hours ago, Jaijai said:

Try different temperatures of Water and if you are allowed, add a small amount of sugar free squash/cordial to it really helped me. The more liquid that you can get into you the better you will feel.

I was sleeved 2/23/23. Overall I feel pretty good, no issues with nausea. I am constantly sipping something all day long to get my Protein and Water in, but am still concerned about being dehydrated. I feel weak and tired until I get enough in during the day. My only issue has been a little cramp/stich on the left side. It hurts when I take more than 2 sips, or not enough time between sips. I wasn't going to weigh myself so soon or so often, but seeing a pound come off everyday has been encouraging. I know some others have issues with weigh ins, and I know the mind game that happens when the numbers are't what we want to see, and yes, I know I should be focusing on helathy habits. But for ME... right NOW... it's exciting.

On 03/03/2023 at 16:30, Bandedbut said:

I was sleeved 2/23/23. Overall I feel pretty good, no issues with nausea. I am constantly sipping something all day long to get my Protein and Water in, but am still concerned about being dehydrated. I feel weak and tired until I get enough in during the day. My only issue has been a little cramp/stich on the left side. It hurts when I take more than 2 sips, or not enough time between sips. I wasn't going to weigh myself so soon or so often, but seeing a pound come off everyday has been encouraging. I know some others have issues with weigh ins, and I know the mind game that happens when the numbers are't what we want to see, and yes, I know I should be focusing on helathy habits. But for ME... right NOW... it's exciting.

I had my sleeve on 2/22. Feeling pretty good. Today is the first day I actually feel hungry. I am still on a liquid diet until week 3. If I drink too fast or too much my chest hurts getting it down then I get a pain in my stomach. I am down 13lbs since DOS. Excited for that, but also nervous once I start eating solids I am going to be at a stand still.

9 hours ago, smanzi40 said:

I had my sleeve on 2/22. Feeling pretty good. Today is the first day I actually feel hungry. I am still on a liquid diet until week 3. If I drink too fast or too much my chest hurts getting it down then I get a pain in my stomach. I am down 13lbs since DOS. Excited for that, but also nervous once I start eating solids I am going to be at a stand still.

Yeah - I hit a stall and am still on liquids. In a couple days I get to move to pureed foods. Hopefully will get over this hump and see continued progress as I move on to real food and keep my activity up. I've experienced everything you're talking about the chest pressure and stomach pain, too - I think that's just the new normal to watch out for.

I had sleeve surgery 12/19. I have only lost 35 lb. I now weigh 195. I am definitely losing inches for I am down to sizes. But I am not losing weight! I am becoming frustrated that it is taking so long. I am extremely tired I continue to drink a lot of Protein Shakes and Protein but I do not exercise. I am so tired after work. I am just concerned that I am not losing weight. But happy I am losing inches.