Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Crockpot recipes?

I made some delicious fall off the bone porkchops in the crockpot not too long ago. It says to fry them first to brown, but after being in the crockpot all day it ended up being a waste, so I would skip this part.

Put it in the bottom of the crockpot, cover with sliced onions, and then mix a can of cream of mushroom Soup with 1c of milk or Water, pour it over the top.

Cook on low for 8 hours. I had bone in, and they literally fell off the bone so had to spend a while fishing out bones, would probably be better with the boneless version.

I do this one but don't add the milk just the mushroom Soup. Most recently I used the Roasted Garlic Mushroom Soup. I also do the same thing with chuck steak (beef).

Cooking meat in the crockpot makes it so tender.....

I'm loving the ideas thanks everyone!

This is so easy, I feel like I'm cheating when I make it.

Wrap a half a pack of bacon in papertowels making sure they lay flat and don't overlap and put on a plate. Microwave until crisp. (You can cook them on the stove, but I usually do this super quick in the morning before work so I have something when I get home. I find the microwave way easier as far as clean up is concerned).

While that is in the microwave, in a crock pot, add one can of cheddar cheese Soup, one can of potatoes (you can use diced or the little round ones), and one can of cream of chicken soup. Use one of the empty cans as a "measuring cup" of sorts. Add a "can" of heavy whipping cream and two "cans" of milk. Add a bag of seasoning blend, you know, the frozen onion and bell pepper blend. Just put it in there frozen. If you have any on hand, add parsley flakes for color; chopped pimentos make it pretty, too. Crumble cooked bacon in soup mixture and give it a good stir with a spoon. Put your crock pot on low and it'll be ready when you come home from work. For company, you can serve it with grated cheddar cheese, green onions, and/or sour cream on top.

Also, try substituting the potatos and bacon with crab and frozen spinach or mushrooms and ham or left over turkey and macaroni. It'll be yummy... promise.

This sounds really good! How do i figure out the cals though. I think I may substitute w/ low fat Soups.

oh that sounds so good I am going to have to try it this week.

If your talking about my suggestion you can add mushrooms or another post mentioned onion in it. I usually just season with a little salt and peper and add a couple pinches of red pepper flakes.

Sorry I was looking at the Tortilla Soup. I love a good Tortilla soup. I havent been able to get pork chops down since I was banded.

You folks posted some yummy-sounding recipes. I'll definitely try some out. I just got a crock pot ($3.99 at the thrift store!) and I've been looking for some recipes. I found some great ones on allrecipes.com. (I swear this is not a commercial! :biggrin:) It's free and you can just search for recipes without being a member. I found some great dishes that I made before surgery. I'll still make them for the family.
I love allrecipes, I spend alot of time on that site.

There are a ton of crockpot recipes on here. I've attached as a PDF.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

RECIPES.pdf

I also use allrecipes a lot! I highly recommend reading the user reviews. Many times I take into account the things that they say so I can modify the recipe.

chicken Stroganoff

1 3lb bag of frozen skinless chicken breasts (trow in frozen)

pouch of lipton onion Soup mix

1 can lowfat cream of mushroom soup

1 container of reduced fat (not fat free) Sour cream

I usually cook all day while at work about 8 hours, chicken just falls apart. I serve it to my family over egg noodles or rice and they love it.

Mexican Chicken

1 3lb bag of frozen skinless chicken breasts (trow in frozen)

1 pouch of low sodium taco seasoning

1 cup ( I use altille more) salsa

cook for about 8 hours and just before serving stir in

1 container of reduced fat (not fat free) Sour cream

My kids love this over rice!

I made the Chicken Stroganoff it was very good! My whole family LOVED it! Chicken was very moist & I didn't even cook it the full 8 hrs. Tasted like it was full fat & very rich but it's low fat. Was a bit salty but I l;ike salty! YUMMM YUMM Thanks for this one! :redface:

I love all of these crockpot recipes... but I am finding that since it is just me, these recipes make so much that even w/freezing they go bad before I can eat it all so I find myself giving some away.. LOL Sometimes it is easy to figure out how to cut the recipes in half, sometimes not so much... that is something I will need to really work on.. LOL

No brainer recipe HERE:

chicken & sauce over Pasta

3 large frozen chick breast.

LARGE can or jar sauce you like.

2 TBLS sugar

1 sweet onion

1/2 tsp dry basil

1/2 tsp dry oregano

cook SLOW 5 plus hrs till falls apart

YUMMY i'm enjoying it now!

I make this about twice a month and love it!

Taco Soup

1 lb of ground meat, browned

2 cans of chili Beans

2 cans of kidney Beans

1 can of black beans

1 can of whole kernel corn

1 can of rotel tomatoes

1 pack of chili seasoning (if I put an extra can of beans or two or use 2 pounds of meat, I add an extra pack of chili mix)

1 pack of hidden valley ranch dressing mix (powder)

• Put the browned, ground meat in the bottom, then add the packs of mix
  • open and empty all cans
  • stir
  • add some Water (about 2-3 cans)
  • put on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 8 hours
  • serve with ff sour cream and reduced fat cheddar (my suggestion, because it is sooooo yummy)

I make this and then put it in the 6 oz rubbermaid containers. I just scoop in a cup full and then add a little more liquid from the Soup. I did it this morning in all my containers, so I am set for lunch/dinner for a few days and I can freeze the rest.

I love all of these crockpot recipes... but I am finding that since it is just me, these recipes make so much that even w/freezing they go bad before I can eat it all so I find myself giving some away.. LOL Sometimes it is easy to figure out how to cut the recipes in half, sometimes not so much... that is something I will need to really work on.. LOL

I, who also live alone, have found 2 different solutions.

1. First time I make something I bring it into work what is left from eatting one night making a portion for lunch and putting 1 more away for a later date for myself.

Everyone at work loves it and I usualy get at least one more lunch from someone returning the favor.

2. The next time I make it I use my small crock pot and half the recipie. It seems to help using a smaller crock pot. and just halfing it.

I still save money by cooking for myself and giving it away then I would by eatting out:thumbup:

I think I will have to eventually break down and buy a smaller crock pot... LOL

I, who also live alone, have found 2 different solutions.

1. First time I make something I bring it into work what is left from eatting one night making a portion for lunch and putting 1 more away for a later date for myself.

Everyone at work loves it and I usualy get at least one more lunch from someone returning the favor.

2. The next time I make it I use my small crock pot and half the recipie. It seems to help using a smaller crock pot. and just halfing it.

I still save money by cooking for myself and giving it away then I would by eatting out:thumbup:

-Chicken- (not spicy, just tasty!)

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 jar salsa verde (any size)

dash of season salt

dash of tapatillo (or any hot sauce)

Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4 hours. I've cooked it using frozen chicken for 8 hrs on high. Once cooked, remove the chicken and shred with a fork. I usually add about 1 cup of the salsa juice from the crock back in to the chicken. It keeps it moist even when reheating.

* I've also used green enchilada sauce instead of the salsa. Works good too!