Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had surgery 2/14

Yes it does get better, just hang in there. Take your pain meds and rest and then rest some more. Is it gas pain you are suffering with or pain from your incisions ? Another few days should see you feeling so much better. A little advice, hug a pillow when you try to rise.. You can get a wiper thingy but I am not sure if they get the job done.

I agree with summerseeker, hug a pillow anytime you get up or you try and pass gas

I had my surgery on Valentine's Day as well. I am finding wearing the abdominal binder through the day is helping a bunch with the pain. I do still feel like I have a bunch of gas in me though.

Mine surprisingly isn't so much the gas. That's what I expected but anytime I try to lay on my side it feels like my organs are trying to fall out. This especially happens if I try to lay on my left. And of course it also hurts when I go to swallow anything. The swallowing is more of a pressure than pain per say. Neck is in shambles though cuz I am a side sleeper and now can't because of the pain.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery on Valentine's Day as well. I am finding wearing the abdominal binder through the day is helping a bunch with the pain. I do still feel like I have a bunch of gas in me though.
I got one of those but haven't tried it yet. Have you tried it at night at all?

The only time I wore it overnight was when I was in the hospital. I was told by my surgeon that I didn’t need to wear it at night if I didn’t want to. She did tell me that I needed to wear it during the day while up and moving around. And she was fine with me taking it off if I needed to nap or for a break.

7 hours ago, Kris Poole said:

I got one of those but haven't tried it yet. Have you tried it at night at all?

The only time I wore it overnight was when I was in the hospital. I was told by my surgeon that I didn’t need to wear it at night if I didn’t want to. She did tell me that I needed to wear it during the day while up and moving around. And she was fine with me taking it off if I needed to nap or for a break.

I had my surgery on February 15th I deal with the gas bubbles that builds up also not able to take in a lot of fluids my stomach hurts worse when trying to take in more. Lastly I know this may be a bit tmi but I still haven’t pooped yet

1 hour ago, sabanks said:

I had my surgery on February 15th I deal with the gas bubbles that builds up also not able to take in a lot of fluids my stomach hurts worse when trying to take in more. Lastly I know this may be a bit tmi but I still haven’t pooped yet

I was able to poop on the 15th,16th and 17th. No luck yesterday and so far today, nothing. I started my Colace that I was prescribed last night so hopefully that will help. I am getting my Fluid in as well. I have found if I drink to fast or to much at once, my stomach will start to hurt.

Had my surgery on the 16th. No poop yet, but I know it’s there waiting

I’m not taking in enough fluids and I started throwing up. My stomach is soooo sore right now
You may want to try some Miralax. Throwing up is no good for anyone but especially someone just out of surgery. I managed to on the 16th but I typically have IBS and haven't been taking that med so it didn't stop me up on purpose.

Side question how were y'alls incisions closed. Mine were super glued lol and it's starting to fall off.

9 hours ago, Kris Poole said:

You may want to try some Miralax. Throwing up is no good for anyone but especially someone just out of surgery. I managed to on the 16th but I typically have IBS and haven't been taking that med so it didn't stop me up on purpose.

Side question how were y'alls incisions closed. Mine were super glued lol and it's starting to fall off.

Mine were stapled