Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone willing...

Is anyone willing to share before and after pictures before plastics. I'm worried about saggy skin and what I'm willing to live with. I know everyone is different and there are many factors at play. Thanks

7 hours ago, LindsayT said:

Is anyone willing to share before and after pictures before plastics. I'm worried about saggy skin and what I'm willing to live with. I know everyone is different and there are many factors at play. Thanks

You are asking a very sensitive question and I believe you need to share your sensitive information too. If you are unwilling then I wouldn't

I've never shared my photos of what the skin actually looked like, but I can tell you that most of us can easily hide the loose skin in clothes. I've had extensive plastic surgery (three of them, to be exact), but this is what I looked like BEFORE I had plastic surgery. See any loose skin? I promise you that it's there - this was after losing over 200 lbs, so I had a TON of it. But as you can see, it's not noticeable at all in clothes. I just tucked the stomach skin into jeans or "tummy control" leggings and wore slightly oversized, long-ish tops. Plus 3/4 length or longer sleeves to cover my batwing arms. No one could see my excess skin (except for my husband and doctor, of course...)

prepscrop.thumb.JPG.bc1d7314bb39dbc90dff23a20925bec2.JPG

you can probably find before/after pictures (with private parts covered) if you look at the Web sites of plastic surgeons

My pre and post PS pics. I had
my VSG in Aug 2019. Tummy Tuck, breast lift & augmentation, and arm lift in Jan 2021 after losing 146 lbs. I’m so glad I did!

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image0.0.jpg

VSG 2017/ RNY 2019 plastics 2020/2021

I never took the before WLS pic. But here’s the after WLS and after plastics pics.
I had a mommy makeover (tummy tuck and breast lift w/o implants then a posterior back lift and fat transfer to buttocks)

1st pic lowest post WLS weight before plastics 2020

2nd pic highest post WLS weight after plastics 2022

ABA8E908-EFE5-4752-BDCB-9B8EF4FD72BF.jpeg

Edited by GreenTealael

You are asking a very sensitive question and I believe you need to share your sensitive information too. If you are unwilling then I wouldn't
What are you referring to? I'm still pre-op. I'm fat. Unhappy. And nervous. CW 250. My BMI is 40. I have sleep apnea, high cholesterol, arthritis, and fibromyalgia. Any other sensitive information you would like to know?
At any rate, people have the choice to respond. I'm not making them do anything.

I've never shared my photos of what the skin actually looked like, but I can tell you that most of us can easily hide the loose skin in clothes. I've had extensive plastic surgery (three of them, to be exact), but this is what I looked like BEFORE I had plastic surgery. See any loose skin? I promise you that it's there - this was after losing over 200 lbs, so I had a TON of it. But as you can see, it's not noticeable at all in clothes. I just tucked the stomach skin into jeans or "tummy control" leggings and wore slightly oversized, long-ish tops. Plus 3/4 length or longer sleeves to cover my batwing arms. No one could see my excess skin (except for my husband and doctor, of course...)

prepscrop.thumb.JPG.bc1d7314bb39dbc90dff23a20925bec2.JPG
That's amazing.

My pre and post PS pics. I had
my VSG in Aug 2019. Tummy Tuck, breast lift & augmentation, and arm lift in Jan 2021 after losing 146 lbs. I’m so glad I did!image-0.00095367431640625.thumb.jpg.835b26ed2af2dbb078e471241c3b9dad.jpg
image0.0.thumb.jpg.ca1b8028fcc8cef9f5050ec502e0fb8c.jpg
Thanks for sharing. Awesome job on your journey.

VSG 2017/ RNY 2019 plastics 2020/2021
I never took the before WLS pic. But here’s the after WLS and after plastics pics.
I had a mommy makeover (tummy tuck and breast lift w/o implants then a posterior back lift and fat transfer to buttocks)
1st pic lowest post WLS weight before plastics 2020
2nd pic highest post WLS weight after plastics 2022
ABA8E908-EFE5-4752-BDCB-9B8EF4FD72BF.thumb.jpeg.a7d3565db817b5c773e2708b3c6a8a00.jpeg
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your vulnerability.

last pic on second row was was about 6 or so weeks before my PS procedures (arm lift, breast lift and tummy tuck)

bottom row are all post plastics taken at different times (dates as indicated)

im a little over 4 years post WLS and a little over 3 yrs post plastics today.

Edited by ms.sss

7 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

last pic on second row was was about 6 or so weeks before my PS procedures (arm lift, breast lift and tummy tuck)

Great job. Thanks for sharing. Of the whole bariatric experience, saggy skin scares me. I know plastics is an option, but...

Lindsay, I knew PS was in my future when I decided to have WLS, lol.

Thank you all for sharing these personal photos, they are so motivational to others. I recently hit the 100 lbs lost mark and I am already think about my next move. The deflated boobs and sagging arms are a lot- I do not hate it but I want to tighten up as soon as possible.

I will give it a year but I want to start my search now. I would like to be around 135-140 when I have PS. I have about 25 lbs to go which I expect to hit around 8-9 months out. I've been sticking to my plan like glue and will continue to do so until I hit the one year mark- July 6, 2024!

The lower body lift scares me so much, but it is a must. I've been combing the forum for any tips. I hate being in pain!!!! I will definitely post when going through PS.

Edited by Amerime

On 2/17/2023 at 11:31 PM, ms.sss said:

Goals! You look Amazing!

Thanks for sharing. In a little over a week I'll undergo a 360 with a breast lift and implants and these are very encouraging. I admit to being afraid of the pain too, but everyone has said that it's worth it. I figure if they could do it, so can I.