Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey VSG

Hi!

Im in NJ and had VSG in August 2022.

How exciting! The best thing I can say is trust the process, follow your doctors advice and don't compare yourself to others. In the beginning, I was soo nervous that the surgery wasn't gonna be successful and I kept comparing my first week, months, etc losses to others and I got discouraged. 6 months later and I'm almost 100lbs down and feeling so good! I was fortunate that I had a pretty easy healing process and no adverse effects. Just take it easy in the beginning and listen to your body. If you have any specific questions, I'll try my best to help!

How exciting! The best thing I can say is trust the process, follow your doctors advice and don't compare yourself to others. In the beginning, I was soo nervous that the surgery wasn't gonna be successful and I kept comparing my first week, months, etc losses to others and I got discouraged. 6 months later and I'm almost 100lbs down and feeling so good! I was fortunate that I had a pretty easy healing process and no adverse effects. Just take it easy in the beginning and listen to your body. If you have any specific questions, I'll try my best to help!

Thank you for the advice if it's okay I'll love to come to you for more advice in the future

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is March 7th. I’m super nervous, I find myself going down the rabbit hole with watching YouTube and Tik Tok videos on VSG transformations. I’m very nervous and I’m attempting to mentally prepare myself but I know I won’t be able to really realize how much effort this will take until it’s in motion. What area are you guys in/area the surgery was/will be performed? I’m in the Bergen County area.

My surgery is March 7th. I’m super nervous, I find myself going down the rabbit hole with watching YouTube and Tik Tok videos on VSG transformations. I’m very nervous and I’m attempting to mentally prepare myself but I know I won’t be able to really realize how much effort this will take until it’s in motion. What area are you guys in/area the surgery was/will be performed? I’m in the Bergen County area.

I have been doing the same thing. I have even watched the surgery performed on YouTube from beginning to end so I can be mentally ready as well. I'm in the Essex County area.

36 minutes ago, Quetta89 said:

I have been doing the same thing. I have even watched the surgery performed on YouTube from beginning to end so I can be mentally ready as well. I'm in the Essex County area.

Right! I don’t know many people who have had it. I’m just praying everything goes well. I did have my gallbladder removed a few years ago, in which my doctor explained a similar procedure is used. If it’s anything like that I think for the surgery part we should be fine. Once we get through the first month, we should be ok! Trying to remain optimistic 😊

Right! I don’t know many people who have had it. I’m just praying everything goes well. I did have my gallbladder removed a few years ago, in which my doctor explained a similar procedure is used. If it’s anything like that I think for the surgery part we should be fine. Once we get through the first month, we should be ok! Trying to remain optimistic [emoji4]
I am super excited about this surgery. I am more excited that my date was changed from the 22nd to the first cause my birthday is on the 26th so I get to Celebrate.

Hi! I just got the sleeve, also in the Bergen county area. I am 8 days post-op (2/27/23). I also had a hiatal hernia repaired. I think now I can finally tolerate liquids netter (I am finally up to 48oz of fluids - huge for me since Day 1). Warm broths seem to do the trick. Man my family ate some good Chinese food over the weekend - I had to leave the room because I couldn't watch. I'm not hungry, but I am a grazer so if given the opportunity I could eat anything at anytime. I really hope this works. Congratulations on getting your surgery!

Good for you! I just had my March 7th and getting discharged today. Liquids were hard at first but much better today. Yeah it’ll be a challenge but stay strong! I think the Chinese stores make pretty good broths. Try that next time! It’s certainly not going to be a walk in the park but I’ll get easier as time progresses. You got this!

Hi! I just got the sleeve, also in the Bergen county area. I am 8 days post-op (2/27/23). I also had a hiatal hernia repaired. I think now I can finally tolerate liquids netter (I am finally up to 48oz of fluids - huge for me since Day 1). Warm broths seem to do the trick. Man my family ate some good Chinese food over the weekend - I had to leave the room because I couldn't watch. I'm not hungry, but I am a grazer so if given the opportunity I could eat anything at anytime. I really hope this works. Congratulations on getting your surgery!
Hey I'm in Essex County, congratulations on your surgery I can't wait to have mine