Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March VSG 2023

Hello, I just joined the community today. My VSG is on March 29th. I hope you are all doing well! My pre-op diet starts on March 13th and a small part of me wants to binge on something good that I probly won't get to have for a long time, any body feel that way?

I had my sleeve and hiatal hernia repaired done on March 8th, so I’m 1 week post op. I don’t have gas pains as bad as I did. Trying to make sure I get all my liquids in.. I like the Ensure Max Protein Shakes (French vanilla). Congrats to everyone starting this journey!!

I had my surgery on Monday 3/13, so I’m 3 days post-op (my bariatric team considers surgery day to be “day 0”).

Pain was manageable Day 0 and 1, but as soon as the anesthesia wore off, I could barely walk. Turns out I had gas putting pressure on my large incision. Increasing to the high end of the pain meds dose made everything so much better. I can walk now and started Protein Shakes today. I’ve spent the whole day trying to get through the first shake while also drinking Gatorade with Miralax to get things going.

I had my VSG & hiatal hernia repair March 7th. I had no gas pain, brief nausea on day 1 coming off anesethia, and have been doing well. My first week I didn't have much hunger (I was very weak and tired, and also on my cycle). About day 4/5 post-op, I started feeling hungry; liquids don't offer a lot of satiety.

At my 1 week follow-up, my surgeon approved me to move onto soft foods, to take Vitamins, and to not have to crush pills. Their goal is between 700-800 calories, and today (so far) I have met 700. Soft foods are tolerated great, though eggs sit a little heavier in my stomach.

I'm surprised at myself. I didn't think I'd be able to eat or drink this much (50oz Water today; average 8 - 10 cups). I'm down 22 pounds, but I feel a little worried that I'm doing too well. I'm scared of eating too much and stalling weight loss. :( I feel conflicted, like I should be happy and energized, but I'm mostly anxious.

I got sleeved on March 14 and my HW was 453, my SW was 370, and I’m now 305 as of June 27th

8 hours ago, LaCrayFrancis said:

I got sleeved on March 14 and my HW was 453, my SW was 370, and I’m now 305 as of June 27th

Bravo! You should be proud of yourself. Contrary to popular belief, WLS is not the easy way out or cheating; instead, WLS is filled with sacrifice and determination.

I was sleeved on March 3rd. I have had no complications and zero moments of doubts or regrets. I continue dealing with two challenges: (1) drinking too soon before and after meals and (2) eating too fast, which often results in the foamies or one bite too much which I inevitably throw up.

I am a slow but steady loser. I hope to reach my goal by my 1st surgiversity.

Let's hear updates from other "Marchers to Better Health".