Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb sleeves unite!

Reached a scale and non-scale achievement. For the scale, I made it into onderland a couple days ago. This was big because it means, at where I live, I can go horseback riding with my son. Planning to take him during spring break this week! These kind of achievements are why I had the surgery, to be healthy and active with my kids!

28 minutes ago, Rdy4Change said:

Reached a scale and non-scale achievement. For the scale, I made it into onderland a couple days ago. This was big because it means, at where I live, I can go horseback riding with my son. Planning to take him during spring break this week! These kind of achievements are why I had the surgery, to be healthy and active with my kids!

HOW AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL TIME! horseback riding is the BEST!

Congrats! I just had gastric sleeve surgery on 2/8/23. They found a hiatal hernia during surgery and fixed that while in there so recovery has been slower. Anyone else have a hernia repair during their surgery if and when they get it done?
I had to have my hiatal Hernia repaired separately as it was so extensive. I originally went in on august 16, 2022 to get sleeve but they found massive Hernia. 1/3rd of my stomach in my chest. So I had to wait until that healed all the way. Had my sleeve finally 2/1/2023. Doing well. When I decided to do this in July 2021 I weighed 347. I changed eating as I did research and at time of surgery 19 months later weighed 293. So lost 54 pounds before surgery I now weigh 266 so down 27 pounds since surgery. So a total of 81 pounds since process started. But also tons of inches! Looking for a surgery buddy to follow this process with...

Sent from my SM-S901U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am at the 6 week mark and on soft foods. I have been stalled for 2 weeks at 185-186. I started at 223 pounds and was 200 and for the day of surgery.
It’s very difficult for me to even drink a Protein Shake and maybe one or two bites of food . I realize I’m on the smaller end of weight loss surgery but I am hopeful to lose another 40 pounds. My big wins are that I am off of all diabetes medicine and also 75% of the medication I was taking before my sleeve however I’m looking for any helpful hints I can get to break the stall. Suggestion please.

On 2/7/2023 at 12:22 PM, Allie Cat said:

Vsg on 2/9/23 here. Anyone near or on the same date? So excited!

Hi Allie cat I had my surgery 2/9/23 I'm so happy to say I have lost so much and off meds I walk without a cane I feel so good

On 4/13/2023 at 3:13 AM, tracy_b said:

I am at the 6 week mark and on soft foods. I have been stalled for 2 weeks at 185-186. I started at 223 pounds and was 200 and for the day of surgery.
It’s very difficult for me to even drink a Protein Shake and maybe one or two bites of food . I realize I’m on the smaller end of weight loss surgery but I am hopeful to lose another 40 pounds. My big wins are that I am off of all diabetes medicine and also 75% of the medication I was taking before my sleeve however I’m looking for any helpful hints I can get to break the stall. Suggestion please.

your stats arent all that far off from mine, but I am eating more. Stalls are part of weight loss, no matter HOW its done. You are doing fantastic and those are soe MAJOR wins!!! trust the process! Are you working out at all? if so, incorporate that as much as you are able. even if its 'just' walking! That helps as well!