Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb sleeves unite!

On 03/04/2023 at 13:26, Ready4Life10 said:

LGS 2/15/23. I’m struggling mentally with all of this. I have regrets and wish I never had this surgery. I’m probably grieving about all of this. It just seems so miserable to watch everyone else enjoy their food and while I can only have pureed eggs and such in such small portions. If not I’ll end up sick. I’ve not had nausea or vomiting but trying to time things where I’m not eating and drinking at the same time and waiting 40 minutes after a meal to drink and trying to hit the hydration goals and trying to get the 60 grams of Protein in. It takes eating all day to hit the Protein targets but if I’m eating all day I fail at meeting my Water goals and the reverse is true when trying to get my protein in. I’m allergic to artificial sweeteners and dairy products so I cant do the shakes, the Water based protein drinks make me feel ill, and I’m not at week 4 where I can have soft foods. I’m just hoping all of this will be worth it and it will get better. I completed 2 years of therapy before having the sleeve and started at 211 lbs with a bmi of 37. I think I probably could have chosen a less restrictive option and accomplished the weight loss goals. I need encouraging. I’m not happy ever when I have to put food or drinks to my lips. Additionally its difficult because you cant heat food in the microwave but eating slowly causes it to be cold and so it’s just a struggle I didn’t anticipate which frustrates me terribly because I’m always hungry and always turned off by food because of all this. pureed food is better than the liquids but Im just not happy and need a safe space to vent. Otherwise things are progressing as expected my t week post op appointment I was down 15 lbs so that’s a win but again I hope this gets better. Is there anyone at least 2 -3 months out from surgery and how’s it going?

I'm sending lots of love and prayers for you. I too sometimes think that I feel regret. I was sleeved on 1/26/23 and had many complications. I think back to why I got the procedure to help me see things differently. I focus on the goal and what it could be and not what it currently is. I'm happy that you are able to eat and drink. Even though it may take you some time. I'm still on the liquid diet phase one as I can't keep anything down. I have had 2 more upper gis and 1 endoscopy since my procedure to see what is causing my many issues. So far it seems that my sleeve is too narrow so they dilated it a few. As well as my surgeon said my stomach twisted after my sleeve procedure. Which is very rare but it happens. So I'm still in the midst of figuring out how or why or if things will subside. I do hope to be able to puréed something in the near future. I say this to say that no matter how hard we think we may have it there is someone out there who have it two or three times as bad. With all of this I also have gerd and broke out really bad on my face and chest. The fee sips of water that i'm able to tolerate Im thankful for. I try to remain positive because I don't know what the future hold. I just know that I want to be safe and healthy and of course happy. Hang in there as many have told me. I believe this too shall pass. I hope and pray for you that things ease up for you. It can definitely be hard and challenging with all the obstacles and with every one being different. You got this and I'm here for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out. xo

I get the struggle.
but I remind myself that a lot of this is temporary- I’ll be able to enjoy foods again with my family, in moderation in time. In the meantime, I’m so happy that my recovery has been remarkably smooth so far.

2/27/23 sleeve here! Just eight days out. It's weird - I'm not hungry but I want to eat. It's definitely a mind game.

Surgery 22 Feb. I had a liver laceration so had to be opened up. And ended up having 3 surgeries in 24 hours. Really struggling post. Have lost weight and am struggling to get daily Water, Protein, calories in. Anyone else had complications? I know it’s rare but just trying to connect with someone as it’s been hard. Good luck to everyone 😀

Three surgeries at once is really big, but you will make it through this. Each day will get better and better.
Tried to take slow sips of Water every 15 minutes to stay hydrated and try to stay positive 😊

Be Encouraged!

One month since surgery, and first day of soft foods. For lunch, had an egg without issue. dinner was hard - I tried some chicken and felt stuck in my throat. Sorry if tmi! Anyone able to share what's worked for them in transitioning to soft foods?

Mine was done on 2/27/2023

Surgery 2/10…. Finally got the approval for soft foods! Yay! Still struggling with restriction feeling vs full feeling. It’s just not the same. I’m still hungry most of the time so hoping that with soft foods, the constant hunger goes away.

2/27 sleeve and o get hungry I. The evening. First weeks I just felt like I should be eating. But we eat to live not live to eat.

2/8/23 for me!

Sleeved on 2/8 and just had my 6 week check up. Cleared for all foods as long as I stick to 400-600 calories. Found that I can eat a small amount of the mushroom chicken and pepper steak from Panda Express. It has been a life saver a couple times I was out and desperately needed a some calories/about an ounce.

Also, full clearance to workout. Starting slow with resistance and weight training.

Such varying experiences on here I see. I was sleeved on 2/22/23 and am completely on all normal foods even a few days before the 4 week mark. I do have to separate eating and drinking. It is amazing to have control over food. Felt amazing to have one slice of pizza and be able to say no to more. I actually miss drinking a 'big ole chug' of liquid a lot more than eating!

I have had a few doubts along the way but constantly remind myself that I was never able to consistently stay at a lower weight for the first 40 years so why do I think I could do it now without the sleeve...."food" for thought!