Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb sleeves unite!

1 hour ago, Rdy4Change said:

Cleared for pureed stage! Enjoyed my cottage cheese this morning and ordered a bariatric recipe book.

yayyyyyyyyyy!

On 02/21/2023 at 02:02, Ready4Life10 said:

I had the surgery on 2/15/23 and it’s been rough. Initially had a low grade fever and elevated blood pressure with extreme nausea. I’ve never had high blood pressure so I was freaked out. In addition to this I am intolerant to milk/dairy and allergic to produce products with apartame or sucrolose so the Protein Shakes were not an option. I was super lightheaded and literally starving but well hydrated. I have started creamy soup’s diluted with Water and my lightheadedness has mostly resolved, fever free, blood pressure normal, but the trapped gas is making me worried. I’ve started gas x with minimal relief. Anybody else experiencing anything similar?

Oh dear sounds like you had a rough few days. Glad to hear it’s all mostly resolved. I only had gas Infact I still have gas and constantly fart like a trouper. Had surgery on the 11th and still struggling to hit Water and general intake goals. I also had a hernia repair so maybe that’s part of it. All in all, I’m loving the new found control over food. Fingers crossed it lasts forever! All the best to you too x

On 02/21/2023 at 11:45, DebbieDoo said:

For those getting ready for your surgery (YAY!) I just wanted to pop in with my experience (I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow). I see a lof of 'problems' and sometimes I think its easy for us to talk about negative or 'not great' things trying to help others, but then it makes it seem like everyone has those issues, when im not sure thats the case.

For ME.... no nausea. not once. no vomiting. no tiredness. no dizziness. I did have more pain than i expected, but it lasted less than a week.

food wise.... I am eating around 700-800 calories a day. hitting Protein goals on puree/ semi soft diet. Struggling to get in enough Water, but doing my best. Not back at the gym yet but thinking probably next week, based on how i feel (obviously no weights yet lol).

My tastes in foods have not changed at all. I have not had any bad reactions to any foods.

All in all.... sometimes i wonder if i HAD surgery, aside from I can't eat much at a time. But, really.... I kind of think thats ideal LOL

I haven't lost much weight yet but I remind myself that my body is still healing, With a (relatively) low BMI, I will lose slower anyway, and the slower you lose, the less loose skin you have. so.... #perspective ;)

All of yall are amazing and strong! ...............................

Amazing! It’s great to hear this side as well thanks for sharing. I think it provides a good balance.
It hasn’t been all bad for me Infact I think it’s been mostly good. The pain was intense and still comes from time to time (I’m nearly 2 weeks post op) but that’s probably because I’m doing a bit more with 4 young children. I don’t know how you’re managing to hit your Protein goals. I still struggle with mine but I’m not yet at the purée stage so watch this space. Water is especially difficult to hit 700ml never mind the 1.2litres I’ve been told I need daily. I’m definitely hitting my 90 minute walking target so that’s a plus. And I am starting to feel my jeans fall so an additional yay!!

3 hours ago, sleeved_up said:

Amazing! It’s great to hear this side as well thanks for sharing. I think it provides a good balance.
It hasn’t been all bad for me Infact I think it’s been mostly good. The pain was intense and still comes from time to time (I’m nearly 2 weeks post op) but that’s probably because I’m doing a bit more with 4 young children. I don’t know how you’re managing to hit your Protein goals. I still struggle with mine but I’m not yet at the purée stage so watch this space. Water is especially difficult to hit 700ml never mind the 1.2litres I’ve been told I need daily. I’m definitely hitting my 90 minute walking target so that’s a plus. And I am starting to feel my jeans fall so an additional yay!!

definitely still working on the Water and youre walking more than I am, but I do live on a farm, so its not like Im sitting still all day lol id still rather chase after livestock than 4 kids! LOL ;)

TOMORROW (Feb 23) for me. Nervous anticipation, excited to get on with this journey!

Had my surgery on 2/13 and honestly have had a really rough time. I’m struggling to get in Water much less anything else. I had to go back in for fluids once already yesterday and still today only got a little over 20oz water all day plus some Soup broth. I keep hearing it’ll get better. But wheeeeeeennn?

Had my surgery yesterday and feeling pretty rough today. The gas is definitely the worst part. I’m on fentanyl Patches and a drip. I’ve been walking to and from the bathroom in the hospital to try and get the gas moving but nothing yet.

5 minutes ago, Hawtry said:

Had my surgery yesterday and feeling pretty rough today. The gas is definitely the worst part. I’m on fentanyl Patches and a drip. I’ve been walking to and from the bathroom in the hospital to try and get the gas moving but nothing yet.

walk more than that. go up and down halls! for as long as you can!

8 hours ago, Hawtry said:

Agree with DebbieDoo on this. Previously, I had colon cancer and ended up developing ileus (bowel not working). I wasn't walking as much as I should have been. The treatment when I was hospitalized was very painful. After the sleeve, this was a big fear for me and I was walking laps every time I got the chance. When I go to refill my Water I walk three or four times around the house. Also, make sure to take the docusate (stool softener).

15 hours ago, KimJJ said:

Had my surgery on 2/13 and honestly have had a really rough time. I’m struggling to get in Water much less anything else. I had to go back in for fluids once already yesterday and still today only got a little over 20oz Water all day plus some Soup broth. I keep hearing it’ll get better. But wheeeeeeennn?

It was like a switch for me. I was struggling to drink an ounce every 15 minutes. Toward the end of week 2, I was suddenly able to drink 2-3 ounces over a couple of minutes.

For me, it's easier to drink earlier in the day. I start drinking earlier and more often.

1 hour ago, Rdy4Change said:

Agree with DebbieDoo on this. Previously, I had colon cancer and ended up developing ileus (bowel not working). I wasn't walking as much as I should have been. The treatment when I was hospitalized was very painful. After the sleeve, this was a big fear for me and I was walking laps every time I got the chance. When I go to refill my Water I walk three or four times around the house. Also, make sure to take the docusate (stool softener).

Thanks guys. Did some laps in the hospital and feeling much better now. I’m meeting the dietitian tomorrow and then going home on Saturday. Feeling much more hopeful now.

On 02/07/2023 at 14:22, Allie Cat said:

Vsg on 2/9/23 here. Anyone near or on the same date? So excited!

Hi sleeved on 1/26/23