Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is the sneezing a food allergy

2 tiny chicken wings and I’m sneezing uncontrollably until I vomit. It’s not just chicken wings, it’s everytime I eat almost like now I’m allergic to food. The internet says overeating out eating too fast but only 2 flats eaten slowly and it’s still happening. And the hot flashes, why? I’m starving, I’m thirsty and everything in between.

It's possible that the sneezing and vomiting could be a result of a food allergy or intolerance. However, it's also important to keep in mind that post-bariatric surgery, the digestive system is altered, and some people experience changes in the way their body reacts to food. Additionally, hot flashes could be a symptom of a larger issue such as a hormonal imbalance, and it's recommended to speak to your doctor about your symptoms. They will be able to give you a better understanding of what's causing your symptoms and provide proper treatment.

It looks like you are 4 days post op. You should be on liquids at this stage. Please call your doctor’s office. Healing is slow and you need to take care of yourself. There is a process of adding kinds of food textures every two or three weeks. You should have booklets and pamphlets on this, or watch the WLS videos on YouTube to get an idea for meals and sipping Water constantly.

Sneezing, for me, means I've eaten enough, aka 'full'. Sniffles are another sign.

Vomiting usually means I've eaten too much. I'm gonna come right out and say it: Vomiting at 4 days post-op is not desirable and could do damage to your shiny new surgery.

Call your medical team.

Good luck,

Tek

Sneezing is definitely a sign you are full. However chicken is a food many of us have trouble eating. It took me a year to master one of my pre surgery favourites. If you are only 4 days out then whoa there, contact your team for some information because your internal stitches on your new tiny tummy are very swollen and sore and could rupture if you eat the wrong foods at the wrong time

OP can you give us some background information please? My nose runs if I eat more than usual, sneezing could be something similar I guess. But if you really are just a few days post op then it looks like you're not eating the right things and could actually be risking damage.

I’m not 4 days post op. My surgery was December 9th 2022.

I have recently started uncontrollably sneezing in the past few days. I'm about 3.5 months post-op. Did you ever find out why you were sneezing like that?