Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All, wondering if anyone has had this issue and can offer any advise:

My surgery was on 1/9/23. At my appt on 1/17/23 I was down 35 lbs, 10 of which was from the week prior to surgery being on liquid diet. My doctor switched me to purée as of 1/17 which I’ve been following to a tee. But ever since switching my scale has been stuck, no loss and actually up 1 lb yesterday - back down that 1 lb today. I’m worried because I’m told the biggest weight loss happens in first 90 days, did I go through all of this for just 35 lbs lost?😩

it's the infamous three-week stall. It happens to almost everyone. It's not always the third week - it's sometimes the second or fourth - but it's most often the third (hence, the name). It'll last 1-3 weeks (sometimes longer - although that's unusual - 1-3 weeks is pretty standard). Just follow your plan and stay off the scale for a few days. It'll break and you'll be on your way again.

here are past posts on this site about the three week stall. All 17,501 of them (and no, I am NOT kidding):

https://www.bariatricpal.com/search/?q=three week stall

Your body is adjusting and in shock. You will be fine. Just stick to your plan.

Hi All, wondering if anyone has had this issue and can offer any advise:

My surgery was on 1/9/23. At my appt on 1/17/23 I was down 35 lbs, 10 of which was from the week prior to surgery being on liquid diet. My doctor switched me to purée as of 1/17 which I’ve been following to a tee. But ever since switching my scale has been stuck, no loss and actually up 1 lb yesterday - back down that 1 lb today. I’m worried because I’m told the biggest weight loss happens in first 90 days, did I go through all of this for just 35 lbs lost?[emoji30]
Hi Alanaczac,
I hear your frustration that's exactly how I felt untill a friend of mine shared this link with me which gave me a piece of mind when we know why things happen it's easier to deal with and continue the journey with a positive mindset pls watch this vid and good luck with you journey [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N981B using BariatricPal mobile app

@catwoman7 thank you for that…I didn’t read all 17k but feel better knowing I’m not alone

@merill thank you for sharing 🙏🏻

Stalls suck but staying consistent will always break them! This is your first, but it also wont be your last. Don't let them discourage you 😊