Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 50yo or older?

19 hours ago, mammawdd said:

Forgot to mention that I am 60yo. Are there any older gastric sleeve patients out there?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm a 52-year old RnY gastric bypass patient. :)

Over 50 too when I had my sleeve surgery 14 months ago. Also wish I'd done it years ago. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself EVER.

I’m 58 and on February 2 I’m having a revision from the band to the sleeve.

3 minutes ago, terialsip@yahoo.com said:

I’m one week post op and I’m 59. Does that mean that I’ll get saggy?

I'm 61 going on 62 soon. I don't have a lot of sagging. I think it's because I'm loosing very slowly, I go to the gym and do weights for an hour 2-3 times a week and ride my bike. Maybe that has helped me. I'm sure it will come eventually. 😉

41 minutes ago, mammawdd said:

Good luck with your surgery. My date is February 16th. I'm having a sleeve gastrectomy

Good luck to you too!

I will be having my bypass in the next month or so, but I am 68 now and will be 69 before I get my surgery. I really wish I had done this much sooner!

3 hours ago, ataylor411 said:

Im 56 and 12 weeks post-op. I also wish i did this sooner. It was ruff when it started but its getting better. I still have mixed emotions. Im still not able to get in enough Water. Water hurts

Try warm water. I added sugar free blackcurrant juice and it went down much better

Had sleeve in December - Age 66 Wish I had done it sooner. No problems encountered so far.

I had my sleeve in May 2022 at age 62, so I am 8 mos post-op. Recovery was quick and fairly easy for me! Like others, wish I hadn't waited so long! I've stalled over the holidays and even gained a couple of pounds, but I am back on track now. My weight loss has slowed dramatically and my surgeon says I'll probably only lose another 20 lbs, but I'm good with that. I feel FANTASTIC! I've eliminated one of my BP meds and the other has been cut in half and some days I don't take it if my pressure is low. I do at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise five days per week, alternating stationary bike and rowing machine. I think my Hair loss has finally slowed/stopped. My surgeon & internist are very pleased with my progress. I'm sure I could have lost more if I had eaten cleaner the past 8 mos, but I really have just been relying on Portion Control and eating pretty much what I want, but focusing on healthier options when available and keeping track of my Protein intake. Definitely consumed far too many sweets over the holidays. My husband and I are spending a week in a cabin in the woods near Fairbanks, Alaska in a couple of weeks and I'm excited to see how much easier the smaller me will fit in the seat for the long flight!

Before and After 65 lbs.png

Good afternoon,

My first time on a blog. I joined today, because someone I Know is not doing very well with her procedure and it has not been two weeks. It has been 18 months since my surgery and a little over 1 year since my corrective surgery. I am struggling with the mental aspect of what I went through and what this young lady is now going through. It terrifies me that she is going through this, and I have been encouraging my three daughters to have the Gastric Sleeve surgery. I am not so sure I want them to have the surgery now. Anxiety is through the roof. Suggestions please.

Edited by Stacy L. Rolle