Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I losing weight too slow or am I where I should be @ 10 weeks post op?

HW: 563.5lbs(April 22)

SW: 449lbs(Halloween 22)

CW: 404.1lbs

I feel like I'm not where I should be for my size. Am I losing weight too slow or am I where I should be @ 10 weeks post op?

You’ve lost 45lbs since surgery - that’s a good amount so far. Something worth celebrating. 🏆

Never compare your weight loss journey with anyone else. It will only drive you down the road to crazy town. There are too many factors that can influence your rate of loss: genetics, medical history, weight loss history, medications, age, gender, stalls, etc. And you lost a lot pre surgery which can affect your rate of loss after surgery - you’re at a lower weight which means you won’t lose as quickly as you did when you started back in April. There are averages which can be used as a guideline but as with all averages some lose more & some lose less & there’s nothing wrong with that.

What does your team say (they know you & your situation better) ?

Edited by Arabesque

as Arabesque said, rate of weight loss is dependent on numerous factors, only a couple of which you much (if any) control over, which are: 1) how closely you stick to your program and 2) your activity level. If you do well with those, the weight will come off, whether fast or slow. If your overall trend is down, then you're golden.

I just checked and I'd lost about 32 lbs by then, but my starting weight was lower than yours, plus I don't know your gender, age, activity level, how much muscle you have (the more muscular, the more calories you burn, even at rest), etc. So again as Arabesque said, you can't really compare yourself to others....there's just too many factors at play. Again, if your overall weight trend is down, then you're fine. I think 45 lbs down sounds great, actually.

How are you doing when it comes to physical activity?

Look at it this way... you lost more than 10% of your weight in 10 weeks. That's a huge accomplishment! You're doing great! We all experience self doubt and wonder if we're on track or if we're losing slower than normal... that's incredibly common and I went through the same thing. But, trust me, you're on track and doing fantastic! You lost 10% of your weight in 10 weeks! Celebrate that!

I checked my own progress at 10 weeks post op and I'd lost 22lb since surgery date.

The best thing to do is to discuss this with your surgical team to see what they think. Good luck

HW: 563.5lbs(April 22)
SW: 449lbs(Halloween 22)
CW: 404.1lbs

I feel like I'm not where I should be for my size. Am I losing weight too slow or am I where I should be @ 10 weeks post op?

What does your team say ? That's all that matters. We all travel at our own pace. We are all different by sex, age and levels of activity. For some the road is short because they have less to loose. There will never be an average weight loss per month because of our variables. Just keep plodding on. You will get where you want to be.
I think you are doing ok but I don't know your diet or how many calories you are eating or what kind of foods you can manage.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-J606F using BariatricPal mobile app

I've lost 38 pounds since surgery - October 18th. You've lost more than I have, but you should lose a little faster than me, because I had less to lose. I'm going to say that you're probably right where you should be.

Are you in contact with your team? They should be able to give you some advice on calories and what you should be eating at this stage.