Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Feb surgery peeps out there?

10 hours ago, DennyS said:

February 16. Nervous. Excited. Optimistic.

Good luck!

13 hours ago, ynotiniowa said:

Well I'm 4 days post op! Zero issues with hydration and Protein. 80 0z liquids so far today and 65 grams of Protein. Never had "sharp pain" but felt like I had an ab workout from hell that I'm still trying to get over the soreness lol. No nausea. No diarrhea. No leaks. No complications. Had surgery at 10 am the 1st and headed home around 9am the next morning. No issues with my chewable vitamins. No horror stories of gad pains from the lapo. Was belching day of surgery, passing gas by day 3, first BM day 4. Taking Miralax each morning, mixed w Gatorade zero. Taking just Tylenol, still have two "pain pills" just in case. Drove my car today! No temp or taste issues. I feel super grateful my luck so far! Down 11.6 lbs but I'm assuming IV fluids weight is alot of that number. I have 6 incisions like the first photo. The bruised one is the one they place the stapler through.20230203_193301.jpg 20230203_193254.jpg 20230201_083814.jpg

Sent from my SM-F721U using BariatricPal mobile app

Glad you are doing so well! That makes me feel a lot better about my surgery tomorrow!

13 hours ago, BBNYC said:

Feb. 9🙏

Wish everyone great success with their journeys

Good luck!

20th Feb in London! Just started my LRD today

6 minutes ago, RachelCheshire said:

20th Feb in London! Just started my LRD today

Good luck!

Revision from band to bypass 2/21. Started my pre-op liqiuds today!

I just had mine January 31st. I had mine done for severe GERD as well. I never thought it could be fixed and dealt with it for 20 years 😕 im happy that theres hope now!! Im excited for the future!

I get my VSG day after tomorrow. How did surgery go today love?

Hi everyone! Had my VSG surgery today (2/7), and so far, so good. I’m still in the hospital, but I’ve been able to walk around, go to the bathroom on my own, and generally haven’t had much pain at all. (I’m halfway wondering if they actually did anything lol.) Really hoping it stays this way. And I wish everyone smooth sailing in their upcoming surgeries!

On 2/7/2023 at 1:10 PM, Sherrym16 said:

I just had mine January 31st. I had mine done for severe GERD as well. I never thought it could be fixed and dealt with it for 20 years 😕 im happy that theres hope now!! Im excited for the future!

I had mine Feb 7th for severe GERD and hiatal hernia. I agree that I never thought it could be fixed! So nice to be able to sleep without being propped up and drinking antacid all night long.

On 2/7/2023 at 1:19 PM, Allie Cat said:

I get my VSG day after tomorrow. How did surgery go today love?

My surgery went very well! I was up and walking on my own by the end of the day. Kept ahead of the pain thanks to my wonderful nurses. I thought I was super woman until we headed home (2 1/2hrs) and the bolus they gave me during surgery wore off and I wasn't ahead of it. We stopped so I could walk and take some of the meds they gave me. Got home and got some ice packs going. That first night at home was the best night's sleep I had had in years! No regrets here!

Had my gastric sleeve surgery Feb 7th! I also have a hiatal hernia, but we aren’t messing with it at this time. Bariatric surgery took precedence for my general health! Hope your recovery has been going smoothly! :)

Had my sleeve on 2/8 and it went well. Very low energy, but aside from that doing well. I did have a lot of nausea and dry heaves the first day, the nurse told me to up frequency of nausea meds and no problem since.

I am scheduled for my gastric sleeve on February 27th. Very nervous!