Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

I'm getting sick of the Protein Shakes, they're definitely too sweet 😭 I could get unflavored Protein powder to put in broths, but im not sure yet. Ahh I'm craving cheese

1 minute ago, Erin18 said:

I'm getting sick of the Protein Shakes, they're definitely too sweet 😭 I could get unflavored Protein Powder to put in broths, but im not sure yet. Ahh I'm craving cheese

I ❤️ home made Soup so I stockpiled a bunch before my surgery in the freezer. All some variation of a roasted vegetable, Bone Broth, 1 can of coconut milk and seasoning. I’ve got carrot ginger, sweet potato, butternut, cauliflower, and white bean with artichoke and spinach. I love them all regularly, just blended them more and a little more watery consistency. Today is the first day I can have them and I’m really excited. I may not feel the same way after a month 🤣. A little harder to calculate the Protein content. I plan to make a roasted red pepper, black bean, and celery bisque when I’m feeling a little better.

12 minutes ago, Erin18 said:

I'm 5 days post op now and I also felt really weak and light headed. I think cause I slept in too long. I felt much better after taking some deep breaths. It's really hard to get all of my requirements in and I'm kind of worried about what would happen if I can't get it figured out. I need at least 64 ounces of fluids, 60 to 80 grams of Protein and up to 1200 calories. Ahhh! I have Bariatric Fusion complete chewable vitamins and for bypass I need to get 4 or those in a day. I only got one today (I know if I got up earlier I'd have met that goal). Tomorrow is a new day and my son goes back to school so I'll be getting up earlier and hopefully I'll be able to get everything in. I'm gonna try to track things again. How does everyone get things in for the day? It seems hard.

I am 13 days post op and I can tell you it does get easier! I didn't make my fluids or Protein goals at all until about 4 days ago and I've been able to make both (barely!) If i concentrate on it. This is also with me going back to work last week as well so hang in there!

10 minutes ago, Erin18 said:

I'm getting sick of the Protein Shakes, they're definitely too sweet 😭 I could get unflavored Protein Powder to put in broths, but im not sure yet. Ahh I'm craving cheese

The dietitian shared that I could mix my Protein Drink as a Creamer for Decaf coffee in the morning and mix to thin out my Greek yogurt. This helped me. I was okay with the shakes occasionally before having the surgery. Now I am tired of them. They do offer the unflavored Protein Powder to mix in Soups.

It'll be better once you move into the pureed stage. You're half way there!

Thanks everyone!

I really can't wait until pureed foods. I definitely know things would be easier. I have things planned already and I just can't wait. I didn't have problems with the Protein Shakes before surgery either, but they're just tasting a lot more sweeter now 😳 I'm gonna have a chocolate on tomorrow. Maybe I need a different flavor instead of caramel and creamy cinnamon. I could also make a Protein smoothie too. Which that sounds really good. My mom made homemade macaroni Soup a few days ago, it was great and we had left overs tonight and it was even better. Homemade Soups are better. Glad to know that each day gets better! Do you guys know if applesauce is considered something allowed on the full liquid diet? I didn't see anything in my directions.

1 hour ago, Erin18 said:

Thanks everyone!

I really can't wait until pureed foods. I definitely know things would be easier. I have things planned already and I just can't wait. I didn't have problems with the Protein Shakes before surgery either, but they're just tasting a lot more sweeter now 😳 I'm gonna have a chocolate on tomorrow. Maybe I need a different flavor instead of caramel and creamy cinnamon. I could also make a Protein smoothie too. Which that sounds really good. My mom made homemade macaroni Soup a few days ago, it was great and we had left overs tonight and it was even better. Homemade Soups are better. Glad to know that each day gets better! Do you guys know if applesauce is considered something allowed on the full liquid diet? I didn't see anything in my directions.

Applesauce is in my list of acceptable pureed foods, but not the liquid. Some of those thinner brands are pretty liquid

1 hour ago, Bandedbut said:

Applesauce is in my list of acceptable pureed foods, but not the liquid. Some of those thinner brands are pretty liquid

I should probably wait until pureed anyways, it's looks more like a pureed food to be honest. Sounds delicious tho

My surgery was 2/13/23 … I am excited for all you guys 👍🏻

16 hours ago, shidrokh said:

My surgery was 2/13/23 … I am excited for all you guys 👍🏻

How are you doing so far? Did you move on to pureed yet?

5 minutes ago, CK77 said:

My surgery date was today. Currently in hospital first day already got in 4 ounces of Water. Pain not horrible slight gas pain. Feeling hopeful.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using BariatricPal mobile app

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

3 minutes ago, SirKat said:

Surgery today was fine. Sore, tired and thirsty.hardest thing is going slow on the liquids.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!