Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

On 2/16/2023 at 2:20 PM, Semalnar said:

So today has been. A struggle for me. Part of it could be my incisions pain because the way the ab muscles were stitched it pulls when I'm moving or upright. Some of it could be cooking for my family while I get to enjoy Jello, broth and yogurt. But today I have been on a roller coster emotionally.

It's hard not to push ourselves too much. I've had a few moments that really put me in check, where I was overexerting myself. Have to remind yourself that this was a major surgery. Take time to heal!

Made it through 1 week of pre-op diet. 1 week until surgery!

honestly this has not been so bad, which gives me hope I can manage the post-op ramp up plan well. I haven’t fully avoided caffeine - one of the shakes I drink is a coffee one with caffeine, which I think has helped this not be as bad as it might be.

Down 9 lbs!

On 2/14/2023 at 9:33 PM, Ttwaweru said:

How long did it take to get a surgery date? I just started today by submitting my papers for a consultation.

My insurance already approved it before anything. I just had to do the requirements that the bariatric center requires (of course require by insurance too).

Monthly appointments

Nutritionist 2 times

Psych eval

Fitness class

Behavior modification class

A bunch of testings, blood work, ultrasound, xray, ekg I believe

Once I completed everything, I thought I had to wait for my approval call, I waited until January and no one called so january 9th I think it was, I called the bariatric center and they said I didn't need to wait for an approval call that my surgery already approves it. They transferred me to the surgeons office and set up my surgery and post op appointment that day.

I started back in june, so 7 months to get my surgery date.

I can't believe that tomorrow is already my surgery day. I'm getting really scared. There's this one thought that's really scaring me and I'm positive everyone gets this thought too. But ahhh! I'm so scared!

My insurance already approved it before anything. I just had to do the requirements that the bariatric center requires (of course require by insurance too).
Monthly appointments
Nutritionist 2 times
Psych eval
Fitness class
Behavior modification class
A bunch of testings, blood work, ultrasound, xray, ekg I believe
Once I completed everything, I thought I had to wait for my approval call, I waited until January and no one called so january 9th I think it was, I called the bariatric center and they said I didn't need to wait for an approval call that my surgery already approves it. They transferred me to the surgeons office and set up my surgery and post op appointment that day.
I started back in june, so 7 months to get my surgery date.
I think where you go is different. Once I went to my first appointment my doctor gave me my surgery date that same day. I had to see a nutritionist every month
My primary doctor for clearance
See a phycologist
See a pulmonologist for breathing, and do Endoscopy with the surgeon. Now I'm cleared for all just waiting on the clearance for my primary.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using BariatricPal mobile app

18 minutes ago, Erin18 said:

I can't believe that tomorrow is already my surgery day. I'm getting really scared. There's this one thought that's really scaring me and I'm positive everyone gets this thought too. But ahhh! I'm so scared!

It will be ok, I was kinda scared too but everything went well. It's natural to be scared, I mean thus isn't like getting a filling, its a major surgery. So it's totally ok to be a bit scared and nervous but complications are rare so typically everything is good. You'll be fine and your doctor will do a great job 🙏

37 minutes ago, Erin18 said:

My surgery date is tomorrow too! We got this! Surprisingly I’m not scared yet.. more-so anxious and ready to get it over with to start the next phase! This sounds crazy BUT my biggest fear is that it won’t work! I know that sounds crazy but it’s a real fear I have. Foe the pre-op all liquid diet I have not cheated, did everything by the book and my weight loss has stalled. I haven’t kiss weight in the past 3 days. So now I have the “what if this doesn’t work” thoughts….

Much luck you tomorrow! Would love to have a buddy and we can check in and support each other since we’re surg twins!

2 hours ago, Erin18 said:

I found an article about a woman with similar weight and issues I have in Health magazine. I read that multiple times, and thought about it during pre-op at the hospital. It really helped to change my thinking from this is an elective surgery to this is a necessary surgery.

Sending positive thoughts for your surgery!

18 hours ago, Demetria G. said:

My surgery date is tomorrow too! We got this! Surprisingly I’m not scared yet.. more-so anxious and ready to get it over with to start the next phase! This sounds crazy BUT my biggest fear is that it won’t work! I know that sounds crazy but it’s a real fear I have. Foe the pre-op all liquid diet I have not cheated, did everything by the book and my weight loss has stalled. I haven’t kiss weight in the past 3 days. So now I have the “what if this doesn’t work” thoughts….

Much luck you tomorrow! Would love to have a buddy and we can check in and support each other since we’re surg twins!

I'm worried that it won't work too, but im more scared that I'm going to die 😱 and leave everyone behind especially my son. Ahhh! Anyways I need to be at the hospital for 9am and it's going on 3:30am. I don't think ill be sleeping. I know I'll keep looking at the clock so I can get in the shower. I too just can't wait until I'm in recovery. I'll definitely be your buddy!

Good luck to you as well!!

18 hours ago, Quetta89 said:

I think where you go is different. Once I went to my first appointment my doctor gave me my surgery date that same day. I had to see a nutritionist every month
My primary doctor for clearance
See a phycologist
See a pulmonologist for breathing, and do Endoscopy with the surgeon. Now I'm cleared for all just waiting on the clearance for my primary.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh yeah I needed a letter from my primary care doctor too

On 2/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, Demetria G. said:

You will do great, remember the preop diet is not for weight loss but for liver shrinkage. Try not to weight yourself so often and you will see the weight fall off.

Surgery went great. It's a little bit sore where they did bypass. And a little gas I feel. I walked twice so far. I know I should have been walking more

3 hours ago, Erin18 said:

Surgery went great. It's a little bit sore where they did bypass. And a little gas I feel. I walked twice so far. I know I should have been walking more

Congratulations! I am currently in the waiting room for my bypass, so nervous, and hoping nothing goes wrong!

2 hours ago, Jennifer26 said:

Congratulations! I am currently in the waiting room for my bypass, so nervous, and hoping nothing goes wrong!

Let me know how you feel when you get to a room. I have discomfort and I don't know If t's the gas or my stomach

On 2/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, Demetria G. said:

How did you Night go? It was hard. Just uncomfortable. I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is my stomach or gas, but I do feel like have a giant burp. It just won't com

P