Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

Congrats everyone! I just had sleeve surgery 2/8/23. Recovering now. They found a large hiatal hernia and fixed it at the same time. Happy to chat with anyone.

7 hours ago, DrinkMoreRadium said:

RNY Surgery is tomorrow morning and my anxiety is through the roof. 12 more hours...

My RNY is tomorrow too. Good luck!

I am scheduled for February 20th and am 7 days into my 2 week liver shrinking diet and the first 3 days were awful and even more so because I have 3 kids and my wife that were eating there normal meals. Somewhere around day 4 or 5 it started getting easier as far as the feeling hungry and not sleeping well because of it. I just keep telling myself it's for my family and myself. My family has been awesome with reminding me very often of how proud they are.

Best of luck all you February peeps

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

Update: I am hungry. My husband just asked what’s the plan for dinner and I’m like … I’m not eating, so I’m not cooking. I bought options for people to choose to eat. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

1 hour ago, SirKat said:

Update: I am hungry. My husband just asked what’s the plan for dinner and I’m like … I’m not eating, so I’m not cooking. I bought options for people to choose to eat. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

Are you pre or post op? I am 5 days post op, and not hungry at all. Very low energy. Thankfully, my hubby has been cooking for the kids, or picking up food, to let me rest and recover.

18 hours ago, MissMarie23 said:

Congrats everyone! I just had sleeve surgery 2/8/23. Recovering now. They found a large hiatal hernia and fixed it at the same time. Happy to chat with anyone.

My sleeve was on the 8th as well!

45 minutes ago, Rdy4Change said:

Are you pre or post op? I am 5 days post op, and not hungry at all. Very low energy. Thankfully, my hubby has been cooking for the kids, or picking up food, to let me rest and recover.

I’m pre-op, day 1 of liver shrinking diet. I am on liquids but can have 4 meals (protein and veg) during the 2 weeks

On 2/12/2023 at 10:31 PM, gingermem0rial said:

My RNY is tomorrow too. Good luck!

@gingermem0rialHow are you doing? Yesterday (surgery date) was pretty rough for me and even over night I'm barely getting more than an hours 2 of sleep at a time. Doesn't help that my foley cath isn't draining on its own so i have to alert the nurses everytime I feel full so they can manipulate the tube to drain. The first time I got up to walk, I got the sweats, super hot, and nauseous. The second time was better.

Hope yours is better!

14 hours ago, Rdy4Change said:

I've heard so much about head hunger on this site. So far, I'm just not interested in food at all. It's been hard to meet the calorie and Protein goals.

I am 5 days post-op, anyone into the pureed stage? When did you really start wanting food?

I am one week post op and still have no interest in food. I really have to work at getting the Protein in. I go for my first follow up today so I am hoping to go to the pureed stage.

Good morning all you February 2023 surgery folks. I had my Gastric Sleeve on February 6th 2023, I'm home trying to heal and take it easy but I'm not very good about taking it easy.