Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

2 hours ago, yanito said:

Hi all, I'm new here. My surgery date for the gastric sleeve has been scheduled for 02/28/2023. I'm extremely nervous and second guessing my decision. I have been trying different Protein powders and shakes and most of them make me sick. I worry that if this is how I'm reacting to these prior to surgery that It will be worst after surgery. Any suggestions?

Try the unflavored Protein, protein waters or Gatorade zero protein and the Isopure fruit protein mixes. The protein waters and fruit mixes have a chemically after taste, but if you use some crystal light and mix it in, it tastes better.

9 hours ago, 4everamber said:

Sleeve tomorrow! Nervous mostly! Love my doc! The doubts and worries are weighing heavily today! I know my husband is worried too, and that makes it hard. He’s not discouraging me but concerned.

Me too! Same feeling, the excitement and nerves.

Last June, I was set for surgery, admitted and had my IV. At that time my husband was not able to be there, I had a panic attack and cancelled the surgery. I've had so much regret - this time we made sure he would be able to go with me. I think it really got into my mind that this is an elective surgery, I needed to recognize it's a necessary surgery.

I started my pre op diet today. It's not bad. I think because lately I haven't been eating that much anyways. But the Protein Shakes omg they are sweeter than I last remembered. I had Atkins creamy cinnamon swirl and premiere chocolate Peanut Butter shakes so far. I had the cake batter one and that tastes really sweet and leave an after taste. Plus they are making my stomach ache a little bit. The powdered Protein shakes I feel like that sit with my stomach better and I'm not really sure why?

On my diet, I'm allowed a healthy dinner. Which consists of lean protein and non starchy vegetables. I'm allowed to have a serving of lite Salad Dressing. I'm actually not hungry either. But I'm slacking with getting the shakes in. I planned everything out for the day and I missed 2 servings of Fluid and a 3rd Protein Shake so far. Yikes!

Hopefully tomorrow is better

How does everyone plan out their meals for the day?

I might do tomorrow differently somehow.

How does everyone plan out their meals for the day?
I might do tomorrow differently somehow.

The pre op liquid diet I just used this time table and put my flavors of Protein where I wanted them. I had to consume 5 shakes a day.
Morning- PP Java
Snack- PP strawberry and Cream
Lunch- PP Cake Batter
Snack- Ensure max French vanilla
Dinner- pp chocolate peanut butter

For broths I bought the Soup starter broth from Target in the flavors Ramen, Tortilla, and Phò.20230120_093951.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/9/2023 at 7:38 PM, kristieluther said:

Hi! My surgery is scheduled for February 22nd. Are you having the bypass or sleeve?

I'm on the 20th for sleeve.

I know right they’re so sweet it’s like, make a savory one to offset the sweet one I spoke to my nutritionist and they said I could strain Soups too and they also said I can do less sodium instead of low because low is unbearable
I just end up making my own soups with Bone Broth for extra Protein and vegetables and seasings and everything, then just strain the liquid through cheesecloth. It's fantastic. I end up with chicken noodle Soup base, pot roast base, french onion soup base, etc. The broths have so much flavor. I swear I used to hate broth and soup but having something savory in addition to those sweet shakes is necessary.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

@Quetta89 that’s awesome! My surgery is in a few months. What is your weight\BMI? I’m hoping my surgeon tell me the same thing 😩😩😩

11 hours ago, AweStruck said:

I'm on the 20th for sleeve.

I'm on the 21st for revision from band to bypass