Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

We have a confirmed date of February 20th! Today was day 1 of my liquid diet. So far, so good!! Breakfast was plain oatmeal with a little Protein Shake in it for flavor (Premier Protein- chocolate peanut butter) and the rest of that shake. lunch was a Dannon Light & Fit strawberry Cheesecake yogurt. In between I've had about 4 oz beef broth and some Peach Tea Crystal Light. Still fighting to finish my second shake (Cake Batter). I'm finding it tough because everything that has any consistency is so sweet. Just gonna have to try harder. Any tips are appreciated!

I'm scared too, but we will be fine! I've done the preop diet before when I had lapband in 2009. It's not all that bad, I started to get sick of the Protein Shakes. Then again, I only had one flavor, so definitely grab a few different ones. The only thing that is really different this time that I can remember is that I'm allowed one meal a day up until the day before surgery (I'll have to see if a few days before surgery is different)
I just had my sleeve done on February 2nd, my surgeon made me do a liquid diet 2 days before surgery, then a clear liquid diet the day before surgery... I was allowed a small 4oz baked potato that night for surgery carb energy lol [emoji38] and congrats!!

*~☆AnxiousMommy☆~*

I'm having sleeve on 2/2

Height: 5'3
SW: 267
CW: 235

Starting liquid on 2/20.. anyone with similar stats?
Kindaaaa.

My sleeve was on the 2nd too!
Height: 5'7
HW: 262
Weighed before surgery: 245
CW: 236

*~☆AnxiousMommy☆~*

On 02/06/2023 at 18:19, Kris Poole said:

Well day 7 into my liquid pre-op diet. (Bypass on 2/14) I find I go through waves of I got this and I am so effing hungry I could eat a shoe. Overall going ok I guess though. So glad I was told I could season my own broth though as long as it was strained to just be the liquid. Protein Shakes are just made too overtly sweet man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I know right they’re so sweet it’s like, make a savory one to offset the sweet one I spoke to my nutritionist and they said I could strain Soups too and they also said I can do less sodium instead of low because low is unbearable

Oh wow! My surgery is also Feb 21st! I just started the 2 week pre surgery all liquids yesterday.

My Surgery date is the 21st as well! I started my pre-op liquids today!

1 minute ago, Melody Collins said:

My Surgery date is the 21st as well! I started my pre-op liquids today!

Good luck! We got this! It's really good to see folks on the same journey as me. I am sooo nervous!

Good luck to you as well! Yes, We got this! Same here..I'm excited and nervous at the same time if that makes sense. LOL

14 hours ago, Rdy4Change said:

Can't believe just two days until my surgery!

Oh my goodness yay! You will do great! I can't wait to hear the updates!

Sleeve tomorrow! Nervous mostly! Love my doc! The doubts and worries are weighing heavily today! I know my husband is worried too, and that makes it hard. He’s not discouraging me but concerned.

7 minutes ago, Melody Collins said:

Good luck to you as well! Yes, We got this! Same here..I'm excited and nervous at the same time if that makes sense. LOL

Makes PERFECT sense! I feel the same.

Hi all, I'm new here. My surgery date for the gastric sleeve has been scheduled for 02/28/2023. I'm extremely nervous and second guessing my decision. I have been trying different Protein powders and shakes and most of them make me sick. I worry that if this is how I'm reacting to these prior to surgery that It will be worst after surgery. Any suggestions?

I started my pre op diet today. It's not bad. I think because lately I haven't been eating that much anyways. But the Protein Shakes omg they are sweeter than I last remembered. I had Atkins creamy cinnamon swirl and premiere chocolate Peanut Butter shakes so far. I had the cake batter one and that tastes really sweet and leave an after taste. Plus they are making my stomach ache a little bit. The powdered Protein shakes I feel like that sit with my stomach better and I'm not really sure why?

On my diet, I'm allowed a healthy dinner. Which consists of lean protein and non starchy vegetables. I'm allowed to have a serving of lite Salad Dressing. I'm actually not hungry either. But I'm slacking with getting the shakes in. I planned everything out for the day and I missed 2 servings of Fluid and a 3rd Protein Shake so far. Yikes!

Hopefully tomorrow is better

19 hours ago, AweStruck said:

We have a confirmed date of February 20th! Today was day 1 of my liquid diet. So far, so good!! Breakfast was plain oatmeal with a little Protein Shake in it for flavor (Premier Protein- chocolate peanut butter) and the rest of that shake. lunch was a Dannon Light & Fit strawberry Cheesecake yogurt. In between I've had about 4 oz beef broth and some Peach Tea Crystal Light. Still fighting to finish my second shake (Cake Batter). I'm finding it tough because everything that has any consistency is so sweet. Just gonna have to try harder. Any tips are appreciated!

You can try mixing in the unflavored Isopure shake with the premier and a little bit of milk, it will make it less sweet and amp up the Protein in it.