Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

On 2/2/2023 at 7:59 PM, SirKat said:

I’m scheduled 2/27! I start the pre-op liver shrinking diet on 2/13

My preop starts Tuesday and I can't believe it's already here! It's coming quick. I prettyuch have everything I need now. What Soup broths does everyone like that has low sodium in it? Also what does everyone like for yogurt? I like the dannon light and fit. Oikos is close in nutrition facts, but a little better. They don't have as mamy different flavors tho

On 2/2/2023 at 8:15 PM, Carias81 said:

Hi my surgery is Feb 13th. I’m on preop diet and miss food already lol

You will get through it. What is your pre op like?

11 hours ago, Rdy4Change said:

Anyone have the surgery yet? I'm so nervous about after surgery.

You will be fine! I haven't had surgery yet, but I did have weight loss surgery before. I had lapband and it had to be removed in 2013 due to an abscess to the surgery I had to put the band back in place. But the after surgery wasn't bad, get up and walk to make sure you don't get blood clots, they usually give a shot in the stomach that helps prevent blood clots as well. When I had surgery before, I was so tired, I slept, got up walked around the hall and used my phone or their TV and fell asleep and repeat. Later that night I had nausea and I had that for 2 and a half months. So if you tend to get nausea, ask for something for that before going into surgery that day and if you have nausea after surgery, they will give you some nausea medicine.

Getting up and out of the bed was a little hard for me. I had someone help me out of the bed. Everyone is different. Some can get up easier than others. With lapband, I only had to stay over night. With bypass I'm staying 3 days. Your stomach/abdomen will be sore for about a week or so, depending.

Bring a pillow for the ride home! It really helps with any bumps along the way home!

Good luck!

5th day of my liquid boy oh boy this diet is no joke don't really miss the food that much but my sense of smell is heightened lol....I got up to 144 oz of Water yesterday. also if you're getting chicken broth or beef broth make sure you get the low sodium and not the 50% less sodium version I got that, the first time and there's about 400mg of sodium. Now if you only plan on having broth once a day like I was doing that might be fine because the low sodium which is unlimited on my pre-op diet has about 70 to 90 MG of sodium so it's like having 4 cups. also i got Premier Protein pre-made shakes for my liquid diet and there a lot of info saying it's not fortified enough for the liquid diet so I added a Multivitamin and Fiber.

Hey! I just scheduled my surgery date and I got to schedule it the day I was hoping! February 21st.
Anyone else have a February surgery date??
Maybe we can help each other!

My surgery date is February 20th. I have pre existing blood clots and have to inject myself with Epogen. I am on the 2 week liquid diet now. I am not a bug eater to begin with and have done 30 day juice fasts so I am mentally prepared for the two weeks. It's the Epogen that is a doozie. I already have lupus and fibro and this medication makes my bones and muscles hurt and now.I have the chills. 2 doses down 10 to go!

Sent from my SM-A326U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello, my surgery is 2/15/2023! I just found this website today! Looking forward flying finding surgery buddies.

My surgery date is February 20th. I’m excited and really nervous. I also just started the liquid diet and I’m praying I can make it these two weeks.

Well day 7 into my liquid pre-op diet. (Bypass on 2/14) I find I go through waves of I got this and I am so effing hungry I could eat a shoe. Overall going ok I guess though. So glad I was told I could season my own broth though as long as it was strained to just be the liquid. Protein Shakes are just made too overtly sweet man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app