Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is having gastric sleeve in Feb. 2023?

What inspires you to do this?

I have been thinking of doing this for the last 5 years after seeing co-workers go through it.

Some, I have to shake my head about. I realize that I must 'remind' myself however many times a day

my reasons for doing this. It is for me, I want a better life in which I can enjoy what life has left for me.

I want my total independence back, be able to walk and run and go do all the activities I never felt strong enough to do.

YOLO. Good Luck to all of us.

36 minutes ago, Meemsville said:

What inspires you to do this?

I have been thinking of doing this for the last 5 years after seeing co-workers go through it.

Some, I have to shake my head about. I realize that I must 'remind' myself however many times a day

my reasons for doing this. It is for me, I want a better life in which I can enjoy what life has left for me.

I want my total independence back, be able to walk and run and go do all the activities I never felt strong enough to do.

YOLO. Good Luck to all of us.

You listed the reasons i went through with the surgery. I am glad i did it. Big adjustment for sure but worth it. I am two days shy of one month so i am in the learning process. I already feel about no carrying so much weight. I have a long way to go but i am on my way!

I am scheduled for February 8th. This is actually my 3rd date. The first go was cancelled because I tested positive for covid. The second, I was in the prep room with an IV, within minutes of surgery, and had a panic attack. The only reason I could think of was a very traumatic hospitalization after complications from colon cancer surgery.

Over the past 6 months, I have had so much regret at having backed out of the surgery. I have spent a lot of time self-reflecting, and just hope that I can overcome the nervousness.

I am scheduled for February 24th insurance pending. Rdy4Change, I too am nervous. I have had many surgeries over the years, C-sections, gall bladder, ovary, breast reduction and about 5 others....anything they can take they probably have lol. I always have severe anxiety before hand like insane. The last surgery I found one person, my step daughter, who is such a goofball and always keeps me laughing and jokiñg around and having her present before surgery made it a completely different situation. I would say 80% less anxiety.

Good morning! I am scheduled for a sleeve to Roux en Y revision on February 7th due to horrible GERD. Highest weight ever was 245. Lost down to 165 and now sitting at 200. Excited and nervous at the same time. I love the support and advise on this forum.