Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K

As mentioned earlier whosya - great job, your an inspiration to this "slug" to get up and run for the first time in YRS.

LJM - Welcome back!

whosya...fantastic job.

reading from people like you who are succeeding at this (the band) and the running, is what has inspired me to start this program (of course, i have to get over the fever first).

thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Thanks guys! I really want people to see how even guys like me with high weights can do this thing!

Keep things fresh and dont get bored. Chane song line ups on your mp3 once a week...do other exercises in the gym...swim if you can...take a class....just dont let yourself get bored.

Buy new workout clothes sometimes if you can.

Now im no hero....dont think i dont struggle etting up at 4am to get over there. I cant even think about it at that time in the morning. Just get up out of bed and go from there...then i think just get to the gym thats all...by the time im at the gym im ready to go...

I always pack up bag the night before to ...this is a huge help...i dont do well looking for socks at 4am.

Im luck enough to have a locker at the y with a combo so i keep all my shower stuff there on purpose. If i dont go to the gym im sure gona be stinky at work.

I finally got back to my running!

I finished couch to 5K

now i'm not exactly running 5k in 30 minutes, more like 2.58miles in 35 minutes, but i hadn't run in a month.

So i was pleasantly surprised that I could still go that long without stopping.

I can't wait to go again on wednesday!

sweethot ...thats pretty much what i run now. 35 mins i make about 2.60 or so.

I did try 5k and it took 41mins total but i walked 7 mins of it.

I have missed you! Glad to see you back.

Karen,

you rock!!

congrats

i've been awol around here lately... too many stupid people posting (not here, on the other threads)...

my running has been going very well actually, i hit a mile today in 13mins 4secs.... i do not go below 4.5 mph.

love it!!!

whosya- glad to see that I'm not hte only one who can't run 6.0 the entire 30 mins. I want to though. But the longer I run the more calories I burn, the faster I run makes a difference but not as much as running longer. so i'm not too worried about it.

losing jus-welcome back. congrats on the 4.5!

Ok, when I did my first run, I started out walking at 2.8, and then running at 4.3, by the end of my session, I was only running 4.0 and walking at 2.7. I was totally wiped out afterwards, too. I don't think I've ever pushed myself that hard. I hope it gets easier!:nervous

Ok, when I did my first run, I started out walking at 2.8, and then running at 4.3, by the end of my session, I was only running 4.0 and walking at 2.7. I was totally wiped out afterwards, too. I don't think I've ever pushed myself that hard. I hope it gets easier!:nervous

i think you may be going in longer bursts of actual running than i am. my running is defined as both feet off the floor...

walking is about 4.3-4.5 now after months of training and my running is 5.2-5.3ish for 90-120 seconds then back to walking for about 2 mins, then running again. i am still unable to run for more than 3-4 mins at a time, but my walking speed has greatly increased.

when i started really walking (when i was fit, not just post op) my walking speed was 3.4-3.8 then gradually got up to 4.0. i just now bumped it up to 4.3-4.5.

Well, I CALLED it running, but it's more of a slogging jog... How pathetic that if we were to go "walking" together, you'd be briskly walking along, and I'd be jogging to keep up! LOL!

Well, I CALLED it running, but it's more of a slogging jog... How pathetic that if we were to go "walking" together, you'd be briskly walking along, and I'd be jogging to keep up! LOL!

not pathetic at all ... i dunno how i'd do off the treadmill. probably 1.5 mph ... lol

i dont run either, its definately a jog, but i prefer the term ... :heh:

:eek: I look at it this way. It doesn't really matter what we call it, as long as we're actually doing it! Because it's more than I was doing a year ago at this time. WAY more.