Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op plastic surgery

Have any of you had or wanted to have plastic surgery after weight loss, or other beauty treatments, especially (but not only) in the face?

I've lost 41 pounds and I see it in my face. I really would like to have eyelid surgery and I also need to have something done with my neck, since I'm developing a bit of a turkey neck for the first time in my life. What's even worse, it's a bit off center. I'm wondering if it will get better or worse as I lose more weight.

I also want to have a breast lift, and possibly a breast reduction, but I probably have to wait another year for that since I need to be at or near my goal weight for that. I'm hoping to avoid a Tummy Tuck, since my lower stomach is relatively flat after a liposuction there decades ago.

What kind of plastic surgeries or treatments (laser, plasma pen etc.) do you want to / plan to have, or have had? And if you've had any plastic surgery or treatments, did you get the result you wanted?

I've had a lower body lift, an arm lift, a breast lift, and a face/neck lift. And yes - I'm very happy with the results.

many surgeons will recommend you wait a year once you reach goal to make sure your weight is stable before having plastic surgery. Reason being is that a significant gain can affect your results.

breast lift, arm lift and Tummy Tuck for me.

had them all done in one shot about 7 months after goal (roughly 14 months after wls). i would have done it sooner but my chosen ps surgeon was booked up till then!

i am completely happy with the results. recovery was a b*itch for me, but i have zero regrets.

i've also had:

- micro-needling RF on my face and neck (cant really see an significant improvement though and did not continue)

- botox on my forehead and jaw/massater muscle (def see improvement on my wrinkles and jaw size!) i do this every 6 months or so on my forehead and every year on my jaw)

- filler on my cheeks (love it!), every 6-7 months

- i also had filler once on each of: my laugh lines, chin and undereyes, but i didn't like the look of it so didn't repeat after it wore off.

- finally had lip blushing (tattooing a tint to my lips) and SMP (scalp micro pigmentation) which is hundreds of tiny tattoo dots on my scalp to give the illusion of fuller hair.

yes, i'm vain. don't judge me!! 😂

sometime down the road i'd like a butt lift or something and a neck or face lift. but i still have some PTSD from my last ps recovery so im not in a rush lol.

if you have the desire, time, resources, and inclination, then go for it i say.

you only live once. may as well feel fab while you're here.

Edited by ms.sss

Haven’t done plastic surgery. Don’t think the recovery & scaring is worth it for the little lose skin I have. If they took it from all over my body they’d probably only remove 1or 2 kilograms. But beauty treatments, I’m like @ms.sss. My name is Arabesque & I’m vain. It’s something that only started in the last two years. Was never this bad before surgery. It’s my new addiction.

Had Dysport (Botox) in my forehead, between the brows, chin & upper lip (lip curl) several times. I love it. The lip curl is amusing as for the first couple of days after it starts working, I sort of lisp & feel like a can’t pronounce some words & cleaning my teeth is a hoot - can’t spit out the toothpaste it sort of drools out.

Several RF sessions in my second year. Don’t know if it did anything because I did it around the time my weight was stabilising & my body was resettling. Liked the experience though - soothing.

Filler on the side of my face. Had sunken pockets of no fat in front of my ears. It lifted my marionette lines a little.

Had one derma pen (deeper micro needling) treatment (subsequent sessions delayed for many reasons) but am having my first combined micro needling & RF (even deeper needling & RF which occurs below the surface of the skin) in January. Takes three moths to start to see any effects & you need about 6 treatments of derma pen but inky 4 with combined treatment. Think I see a little reduction in my acne scarring, which was the main purpose of having it. The combined treatment is supposed to aid skin laxity. We’ll see.

Have monthly facials, pedicures (like doing my own finger nails) & have had micro blading (best thing ever). Having first teeth whitening this afternoon.

Don’t know what I’ll try next.

If I ever want to go on holiday and wear a swimsuit or bare my arms again, then I will have to get arm and leg surgery. I had really fat arms and legs. They are really bad, so bad that they shock me. I used to wear wide leg trousers and find now that I love skinny leggings. Winter weight ones hide my wrinkles. I did expect it because of my age and am saving hard to afford it. The rest of my body, I can hide so I will see sometime later on about that. I was told by the dietician that the surgeon will not contemplate my surgery until I am in maintenance.

Fortunately, my eyesight is shot, I can not see the finer details of my face anymore. This will save me a fortune

I've thought of having arm lift, breast lift, and thigh lift. I meant to ask this question here. I am worried about how soon would it be that I can feed my pets, nothing heavy or anything but there is no one to take care of them if I am down. If it is a quick recovery like the rny, it would be no problem. If anyone can give me insight it would be extremely helpful. Honestly, that's my only concern is my cats lol

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I've thought of having arm lift, breast lift, and thigh lift. I meant to ask this question here. I am worried about how soon would it be that I can feed my pets, nothing heavy or anything but there is no one to take care of them if I am down. If it is a quick recovery like the rny, it would be no problem. If anyone can give me insight it would be extremely helpful. Honestly, that's my only concern is my cats lol

I didn't find the arm lift or breast lift that painful (the lower body lift, on the other hand, ugh - way worse than WLS). Although you can't do any heavy lifting or reach up to get things for awhile. Luckily, I'm married, so my husband took over pet feeding. If you put things at a level where you don't have to reach up and in containers that aren't very heavy you may be OK, though (I didn't have a thigh lift, so I can't speak to that...)

2 hours ago, summerseeker said:

Fortunately, my eyesight is shot, I can not see the finer details of my face anymore. This will save me a fortune

😂😂😂😂😂

There is a Plastic Surgery forum on here, with lots of great posts. Check it out!

As for me, I reached goal in October, and had PS in January! LOL! I just couldn't wait! I had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift. Love my results, and love my new body.

There is more PS in my future, and I'm debating on whether to do a facelift or an armlift next. My thighs are a mess, but the before/afters I see of thigh lifts don't impress me too much, and I want more bang for my buck! So I will live with my saggy thighs for now!!

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

everyone experiences recovery differently so you'll only know when u know.

i seem to be one of the unlucky ones who had a rough time of it. BUT it was self-imposed as i didn't listen to my doc about taking it easy. LISTEN TO UR DOC!!

But truth be told even though it was rough, i could probably have done it all on my own...with effort and ALOT of self-pity.

The most difficult recovery to work around was the arm lift because u use ur arms the most...reaching was def challenging. so like catwoman said above, if you plan it out beforehand to keep everything you need low and easy access it can be done.

for the Tummy Tuck standing up straight and getting up from a seated or laying position was kinda painful...but again nothing that would incapacitate you.

i had no issues doing stuff due to the breast lift. unless you count me splitting my stitches open because i tried to go for a run. but that was easily avoidable...DONT RUN.

in short, in my opinion it can be done. uncomfortably yes, but it can be done alone.

BUT..if you could have someone either stay with you (or do regular drop ins) for at least a week, it would be so much easier on you...physically and mentally. which is good for recovery. i was a sobbing mess for a good month...i was glad i had my fam around to take care of me.

but please don't let this scare you...most if not all if those i know who had PS had uneventful recoveries. i was just a dumbass who tried to do more than i should and paid for it.

...and despite it all i still have zero regrets.

everyone experiences recovery differently so you'll only know when u know.
i seem to be one of the unlucky ones who had a rough time of it. BUT it was self-imposed as i didn't listen to my doc about taking it easy. LISTEN TO UR DOC!!
But truth be told even though it was rough, i could probably have done it all on my own...with effort and ALOT of self-pity.
The most difficult recovery to work around was the arm lift because u use ur arms the most...reaching was def challenging. so like catwoman said above, if you plan it out beforehand to keep everything you need low and easy access it can be done.
for the Tummy Tuck standing up straight and getting up from a seated or laying position was kinda painful...but again nothing that would incapacitate you.
i had no issues doing stuff due to the breast lift. unless you count me splitting my stitches open because i tried to go for a run. but that was easily avoidable...DONT RUN.
in short, in my opinion it can be done. uncomfortably yes, but it can be done alone.
BUT..if you could have someone either stay with you (or do regular drop ins) for at least a week, it would be so much easier on you...physically and mentally. which is good for recovery. i was a sobbing mess for a good month...i was glad i had my fam around to take care of me.
but please don't let this scare you...most if not all if those i know who had PS had uneventful recoveries. i was just a dumbass who tried to do more than i should and paid for it.
...and despite it all i still have zero regrets.
That was excellent thank you lol. I guess I'm afraid that I will be one of those dumbasses too haha. That is my personality. I push myself and think I'm super woman, and I am not lol. That was helpful because this type of information is so hard to find on the net because the sites are written by doctors and they say how long the recovery is but it is too general. The way they word it, I picture myself having to lie down for 2 weeks straight, and I can't do that with a bunch of little cats depending on me to be fed. Thank you.

I didn't find the arm lift or breast lift that painful (the lower body lift, on the other hand, ugh - way worse than WLS). Although you can't do any heavy lifting or reach up to get things for awhile. Luckily, I'm married, so my husband took over pet feeding. If you put things at a level where you don't have to reach up and in containers that aren't very heavy you may be OK, though (I didn't have a thigh lift, so I can't speak to that...)

Good tips, thank you! Wow, I wondered if the lower body lift was bad. I even wondered how it is to go to the restroom. I heard horror stories. It helps to prepare myself then, if and when. The only surgery I can compare it with is RNY, VSG. Thank you for the information! Maybe ink start with breast lift and arm lift lol.

5 hours ago, summerseeker said:

I laughed out loud. My eyesight also saves me the same way.

I'm planning on a lower body lift of some sort, an upper body lift of some sort, and probably brachioplasty. I'm hoping that I can find a surgeon who is able to combine top surgery with a back lift, but it seems like the sorts of surgeons who do top surgery are often not the same ones who do skin removal well.

Judging from the way things are hanging now and the extent of my stretch marks, I'm going to have extremely bad loose skin most places on my body, so... yeah, definitely planning on plastics.

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

breast lift, arm lift and Tummy Tuck for me.

had them all done in one shot about 7 months after goal (roughly 14 months after wls). i would have done it sooner but my chosen ps surgeon was booked up till then!

i am completely happy with the results. recovery was a b*itch for me, but i have zero regrets.

i've also had:

- micro-needling RF on my face and neck (cant really see an significant improvement though and did not continue)

- botox on my forehead and jaw/massater muscle (def see improvement on my wrinkles and jaw size!) i do this every 6 months or so on my forehead and every year on my jaw)

- filler on my cheeks (love it!), every 6-7 months

- i also had filler once on each of: my laugh lines, chin and undereyes, but i didn't like the look of it so didn't repeat after it wore off.

- finally had lip blushing (tattooing a tint to my lips) and SMP (scalp micro pigmentation) which is hundreds of tiny tattoo dots on my scalp to give the illusion of fuller hair.

yes, i'm vain. don't judge me!! 😂

sometime down the road i'd like a butt lift or something and a neck or face lift. but i still have some PTSD from my last ps recovery so im not in a rush lol.

if you have the desire, time, resources, and inclination, then go for it i say.

you only live once. may as well feel fab while you're here.

I've been considering filler - since weight loss I have what I feel are pretty deep folds around my mouth. Not sure if you chose filler for the same reason - if yes, does it help?