Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year PostOp

Hey Yall

Its been a minute since I posted life has been lifeing lol.

So tomorrow is my 1 year check up I actually don't complete a year until Friday but the appointment is early. I've decided for my mental sake I'm not going to go. Since surgery I've lost 63lbs not that I'm not proud but honestly just thought I would be further along. I've lost 102 from my highest weight but from surgery it's been really slow.

I've had some many victories this year. My a1c is 5.2 it was 7.6 last year, I'm wearing a 16, I was in a 26 last year. My BP is in good range. I can work out for an hour. I have traveled something serious this year and don't need a seat belt extender. All the positive and i still feel like I failed. I'm hoping next year I can keep moving forward and pull myself out of this slump. Happy Surgery Anniversary to me.

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

Failed?!?!

You’re an inspiration!

Diabetes, gone and in check.

63lbs…fantastic!

Seems like you more active…great!

KEEP GOING, YOU ARE DOING JUST FINE!!!

Many years ago at Slimming World, I learned not to look at the results of others and criticise myself . What I was doing just didn't seem good enough. So I criticised myself and gave up. I have watched people shoot past me on here but the fact that I am still loosing weight, even at a snails pace, brings me joy. Never, ever compare yourself to others.

I have also rid my body of Diabetes. It will attain us a longer life, healthier life. It is the biggest present you can give yourself.

It seems to me that you have smashed it. Look at what you can do compared to last year. Your body is thanking you

If you have followed your plan well you have not failed. Heck, if you are lifeing as well as it seems then you are tremendously successful since lifeing is the name of the game.

Oddly I think folks focus too much on a number on a scale. The important thing is following your plan, getting healthier, and feeling better. These are the true measures of success.

High expectations and comparing ourselves to others is self-defeating. Even if we believe our expectations are reasonable we will sooner or later not meet them. There is always someone that loses more faster. Then we feel like failures when in reality we have no control over how much or quickly we lose weight.

Good luck,

Tek

Thank you everyone for the replies! It is oh so needed. I feel like I have to constantly remind myself not to compare myself and be proud of the difference I've made in my life. I really appreciate all the responses it really picked me up. I'm going to keep pushing forward and enjoy the wins. [emoji3060]

You should be proud. I don't understand why you feel like you're a failure. My sleeve was almost a year ago and I've only lost 45 lbs. I'm loosing very slowly but I feel good and healthier.

This is definitely not a failure. I think you're doing great!!! If I may ask, what was your starting weight and bmi? Those that start off at a lower bmi tend to lose slower. Your non scale victories are amazing, and if you're happy, then it's a success, not a failure. Never compare yourself to anyone else. We are all on very different journeys, and no two people's will look the same.

This is definitely not a failure. I think you're doing great!!! If I may ask, what was your starting weight and bmi? Those that start off at a lower bmi tend to lose slower. Your non scale victories are amazing, and if you're happy, then it's a success, not a failure. Never compare yourself to anyone else. We are all on very different journeys, and no two people's will look the same.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I had surgery at 300lbs my bmi was around 60 I believe I'm only 5ft tall. Almost all my weight is in my mid section